Jared Kennedy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

double hoops

First Grader
Are the rumours about Jar head to the Eagles gaining any momentum? How about a sighting out manly way?

I was a little surprised Kennedy was spoken about in Ryan's link as a attacking back rower. What's the thoughts of those who watch NSW cup?

I did not see him play last year,but yeah I don't know about him as a serious attacking weapon.I know a lot of people bag Nathan Green but I don't see this guy as an upgrade over Green or Leary,good defensive player but involvement in attack is nothing better than what Green/Leary offered.Don't know that he would be any cheaper than either of them,186cm and 98kgs is not real big when considering we are looking at upsizing in the backrow(apart from Hopoate).Probably would have preferred to give Green another year on the cheap to develop and see if he could improve as it was his first year switching to backrow or even keep Leary, but could be a good depth signing as Ryan says....Don't know if he would even make the 25 if we signed him.

Yeah, I'd say a second tier player at best at this stage. He WAS rated one of the top NSW Cup backrowers, and got selected for NSW, so he's not a mug.

At 27, he'd need to hit the ground running so to speak, as he's leaving things quite late.

Depth for sure.

Starling was NSW Cup forward of the year when he came to Manly from Souths and was younger than this bloke.

Blacktown player all day.

Personally, I thought Starling was great. Especially when he played angry. In fact, I'd have him in the team on $100k odd as upposed to Myles on $500k any day of the week.

I never said Starling was not good value.

Simply stating he was NSW Cup forward of the year and a younger player at the time.

The fact he found himself in and out of the team would indicate to me a bloke older on less money will struggle to make first grade.

I did not see him play last year,but yeah I don't know about him as a serious attacking weapon.I know a lot of people bag Nathan Green but I don't see this guy as an upgrade over Green or Leary,good defensive player but involvement in attack is nothing better than what Green/Leary offered.Don't know that he would be any cheaper than either of them,186cm and 98kgs is not real big when considering we are looking at upsizing in the backrow(apart from Hopoate).Probably would have preferred to give Green another year on the cheap to develop and see if he could improve as it was his first year switching to backrow or even keep Leary, but could be a good depth signing as Ryan says....Don't know if he would even make the 25 if we signed him.
yeah i was surprised we didn't keep Green. He improved a lot and wouldn't have taken up much cap. Good depth player

yeah i was surprised we didn't keep Green. He improved a lot and wouldn't have taken up much cap. Good depth player
He was the starting second rower when we had our purple patch in the middle of the year winning some games and matching the cowboys,thought he was worth a punt for a second year...To be honest I thought he was playing as well as Gillett(overated but a good player) who we offered 650K to and played as well as Sironen at least,but oh well.....

Spotted in a manly photo, he won't be in first grade though that's for sure

image.jpeg

From Facebook

Pretty sure it's...

Sirronen, Lawrence, Bainbridge, Faainga, trainer, Treb, Winterstein, Parcell, Amone, Hoopa Snr

Lane, trainer, Fonua Blake, Kennedy

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8