1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake T's Introduction

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,698 / 27
    A little disappointed he didn't get more time, but that hit he put on was just an absolute ball tearer. For those that were there, did the crowd just start going psycho when he came on and started throwing himself around? I really noticed it on the tv coverage, you could really notice the crowd lifting.

What I liked about Jake was that he came on and looked to lift us when we were looking a little flat and in danger of being run down. You could see the effect his introduction into the game had on the others.

More game time please Tooves! This kid is the goods.

• Like Like x 6
  2. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,079 / 27
    I've seen enough........Jake is a dead set gun. In attack and defence.

3. joeboy

joeboy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 16
    Needs to be a fixture on the bench, give him 30 mins minimum

• Like Like x 1
  4. anthonyb1965

anthonyb1965 GO Manly Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +504 / 15
  5. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,347 / 111
  6. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    Watching Jake and his attitude to the opportunity presented to him reminded me of the first time I watched George Burgess play. Handled the pressure. Stamped his authority. Made himself known.

Same again next week please, Mr Toovey, but more minutes please!

• Like Like x 1
  7. doc

doc Active Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 7
    I thought he and Ligi Sao did very well

• Like Like x 1
  8. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,176 / 59
    He's the aggression we're looking for. Passionate Manly boy to boot.
    He must be a permanent fixture on our bench this season. Even if he doesn't kill it all season his development is paramount to our future success.

• Like Like x 2
  9. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    Yeah São was I impressive in time given.

10. IQofalimabean

IQofalimabean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    he will be getting an opportunity until hasson comes back lol.

11. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,336 / 51
    I've being hanging out for him to make the side for ages, so glad he got a crack, even if it was 5 mins. He is something special, there is no doubt about it. He must stay in the side - please Toovs

12. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    Hasson, horo nsw cup players for good.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Yep. That 5 minute spell put the nails in the coffin of Hassons first grade career.

14. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    I agree with Jake being very capable in NRL.
    The reason why coaches are hesitant to play young forwards too early is that they don't want to burn them out this early in their careers.
    eg. Hasler sat Buhrer on the bench for two games before Jamie saw tiny minutes on the field for a many games.
    In saying that, I'm tempted to play Jake more too.
    Same goes for Sao.

15. Bird Up

Bird Up Active Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 2
    I'm so happy Jake T got an opportunity so early in the season! He is a solid, consistent, standout performer every week in NSW Cup and after such a horrible season ending ankle injury last season, he deserved an early crack at 1st Grade!
    I though he had an immediate impact when he came on as well as smoothly morphing into position like he's a veteren of this playing group!
    Jake T is ready and is more than capable of making that position his own before Hasson returns and if Jake T is playing good footy, then Hasson gets relegated to NSW Cup until another opportunity arises!

16. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    There was a clear Lift with his presence like crystal clear he came on and he just threw his body at everything it was great he looked like a terrier on a leash at a dog park

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  17. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Beer did a job on me....had 10 kids at my house today plus my two......beer kept me sane

• Like Like x 1
  18. TagMonster

TagMonster Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +506 / 28
    He come on and in his first 5 minutes put on a big hit on to fire up the team when they were in trouble. Then another hit with Buhrer to force a drop that he regathered to seal the game. I don't want to make too much noise about 5 minutes of game tape, but as a local Manly boy he has the passion for the club that's infectious. I can see he and his brother building the Manly culture all over again as the new generation of players come through.

Toovey, play the man! He has earned a bench spot, let him earn the start.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JenEagle

JenEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 45
    I agree. This guy is a gun. From what I saw last night he should be in the 17 every week now. his positioning in defence, his talk and his speed for a prop were very impressive.

Potential future blue.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    I thought both Jake & Ligi were terrific last night but in terms of how many minutes they play, there might be some exercise physiology to consider.

It takes time to build up the the recovery ability of soft tissue (muscle, tendons & ligaments), particularly in younger players. This is one of the reasons why forwards that generally carry more muscle, develop later in their careers. For the battering their bodies take, they need to be able to recover effectively without risking injury.

Therefore the theory of younger players having more than 1 stint on the field, requires their bodies to heat up, cool down and heat up again. Factor in the half time break and the use of interchange, means coaches have a lot to consider.

So…. what does that mean for how best to use Jake? At this stage of his career in FG he probably is better having only the 1 stint. Toovey is possibly looking at a time in the game where the opposition forwards are getting tired. Which means, before HT or the final 15-20 mins. Last night he only got the final 5 mins but the storm scored 3 quick tries in that time. He may have thought he wanted his more experienced players on the field to calm the situation. Ultimately though he had to get him on and his energy played a key role.

All in all, he showed why he's so highly regarded and along with Ligi, the future looks good.