Jake T's Introduction

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Beer did a job on me....had 10 kids at my house today plus my two......beer kept me sane
Does beer make you clever?

Your News Companion
Sept. 29 2014 1:17 PM
Drinking 5,600 Beers a Day Could Make You Smarter
By Ben Mathis-Lilley

shutterstock_143207707.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

These guys made the right decision for their brains.
Photo by zeljkodan/Shutterstock

"Researchers at Oregon State University discovered that doses of xanthohumol, a flavonoid found in hops, improved memory and thinking in a lucky group of mice.
Hops are used to make beer. Will drinking beer therefore make you smarter?

... it would require drinking 2,000 liters of beer a day (or 5,636 bottles of beer) to ingest the amount of xanthohumol used in the study."
The answer seems to be a resounding yes.

Does beer make you clever?

Your News Companion
Sept. 29 2014 1:17 PM
Drinking 5,600 Beers a Day Could Make You Smarter
By Ben Mathis-Lilley

shutterstock_143207707.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

These guys made the right decision for their brains.
Photo by zeljkodan/Shutterstock

"Researchers at Oregon State University discovered that doses of xanthohumol, a flavonoid found in hops, improved memory and thinking in a lucky group of mice.
Hops are used to make beer. Will drinking beer therefore make you smarter?

... it would require drinking 2,000 liters of beer a day (or 5,636 bottles of beer) to ingest the amount of xanthohumol used in the study."
The answer seems to be a resounding yes.

Nice! I think I'll risk another brain cell right now!! :)

Agree totally. I didn't think It was him during warm up. He was rather more portly last time he played firsts.

Me too, you wouldn't think they were the same player.
Portly? That's more polite than what I thought.
He even put on a bit of footwork last night.

Was watching this game with no volume at the Surf Club. His impact was immediate and made all the difference in holding out and winning the game.

My only objection around Tooves coaching is that you can't have a 16 man rotation for 75 minutes in the modern game, everyone that gets picked in a rotation must be running for 20 minutes in each half.

There are a few problems with Geoff Toovey's coaching . . . but the worst of them is his non-use of the bench. The 2nd worst is willingness to experiment with team selections. Jake T had earnt his bench spot long ago.

I hope those 5 minutes got the message across - he was awesome. Needs to be on the bench next week.

There are a few problems with Geoff Toovey's coaching . . . but the worst of them is his non-use of the bench. The 2nd worst is willingness to experiment with team selections. Jake T had earnt his bench spot long ago.
Especially when the forwards were getting steamrolled.

This next match with the Canterbury monsters will be an incredibly stern test for our forwards. There wouldn't be a bigger RL pack in history than these Dogs, especially taking in the four bench players. Our chance of success is obvious, we must not get steamrolled in the forwards, and give an even share of possession to our backs who will win us the match.
Is anyone confident that our forwards can do this?

@The Who it's going to be tough, no doubt. It's a simple equation of meeting fire with fire, and effective use of our bench. I don't think we can be conservative and have a bench player (like Jake T) only playing 5mins.

I also think you need Buhrer and Ballin at their best. Tire those big phat ****s like Kasiano out. Make him and T-Rex make 4 and 5 tackles in a set. I think you also need Killer, HIku and Snake making a lot of inside runs to tire out the big boys. And then Blair and Skivvi to be like a pair of backrowers and give our forwards plenty of support.

Just watched the game again and got to enjoy Jake's cameo even more. Great smashing tackle, backing all the way back to tackle then scoop on the loose ball...

Now I'm getting to see what some of you here already knew.

Also got to see slater...in the last play of the game, try to hold the storm player down so he could appeal for a crusher. T'was the tackle that Buhrer made. slat and cat sometimes rhyme!

^ Noticed that too ,they play too the ref so much ,it pisses me off to no end.And don't get me started on all their shady tackle/grapple techniques...Slater & Smith are scumbags.

Loved our bench last night though ,hope it stays that way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6