It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Might be from Freid range chooks ? ....

s0o4MP1.gif

So after 2 replies it's safe to say (imo) you work or more likely know someone who does in the membership department..

Mate its a public forum on the internet, I dont know you , you dont know me, if I said no would you believe me ? would it be true ? If I said yes , what is the relevancy and again would it be true ? There is no relevancy at all, to the fact that it is often mention, by anyone contacting the club that they were dealt with with in a nice courteous manner despite the nature of their contact.

. Last reason I would renew is to keep "nice" people employed.
Nice people work at coles I choose to shop at woolies,nice people work at pizza hut I eat at dominos and I don't feel bad for those nice people why should I feel bad for the membership team?

What a ridiculous comment
Are you seriously suggesting, given two companies offering the same or similar products, one with professional, courteous nice people offering fantastic customer service, the other with rude obnoxious staff offering poor service, you would choose the later ?
(I should point out I am not comparing the companies you mentioned, just the concept you propose )

Interesting concept......

Test match is on Going to enjoy that for now....

From Rothfield

EAGLES WANT BARRETT TO WORK FOR PAYOUT

HEAD coach of the under-20s or Des Hasler’s assistant are the two jobs the Manly Sea Eagles are planning to offer Trent Barrett — just to avoid paying out the remainder of his contract.

As bizarre and as absurd as the scenario sounds, Manly have zero intention of paying out their former mentor.

e7b4cc51280306801781666276190fa9

Trent Barrett isn’t getting away that easily. (AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts)
The 20s’ head coaching role at Manly is vacant due to the departure of Wayne Lambkins to Wests Tigers.

Manly believe their case — that it was Barrett’s decision to walk and not the club’s — excludes them from any payout.

Barrett’s contract runs until next July and is worth in excess of $300,000. The Sea Eagles are in the final stages of announcing Hasler as their head coach. Club figureheads are acutely aware of the questions they’ll field from the media about Barrett when Hasler is announced, which is why they’re pushing to resolve the Barrett dilemma immediately.

One familiar face who could be back working with Hasler is recruitment guru Noel “Crusher” Cleal. Crusher has been keeping his powder dry after finishing up at the Dogs in 2016.

Dont come on here much to post but a long time reader.

However, for anyone interested (probably a few on here) I was driving through Avoca Beach carpark this afternoon on the central coast when who did I see. None other than the man himself, Dessie. He was dressed up for a function at the surf club and looked very classy. But what caught my eye the most was the colour of his bow tie. You guessed it, Maroon!

However, for anyone interested (probably a few on here) I was driving through Avoca Beach carpark this afternoon on the central coast when who did I see. None other than the man himself, Dessie. He was dressed up for a function at the surf club and looked very classy. But what caught my eye the most was the colour of his bow tie. You guessed it, Maroon!
You didn’t happen to ask him when the announcements were going to be by any chance?

On what evidence from the past four years does 'let's have faith in the club' work?
There is no 'club'. There is one man.
From the moment Tooves was sacked it's been idiot decision after idiot decision.

Your passion is sweet but misguided.

Barrett didn't seem to be much of a coach but the point is that he had a contract which it appears he has followed to the letter of said contract. He gave twelve months notice as required and now we either keep him around or pay him out. His selection decisions have shown us that he can be totally pig headed.
I understand that it's brinkmanship but, if it weren't Manly, it would be plain as day that one party was trying to dud another by welching on a contract.
And, as for the benefit of the team, there is no way the club openly holding hostage a much loved coach is going to engender feelings of loyalty and commitment. They're human, not cattle.
Sever ties and look to the future. It is the nitpicking past which keeps holding us back.
I apologise that I am misguided - I will duly take more notice of other more "experienced" posters in the future. However being the person I am - I probably will continue to hold my views - respect the views of others and ensure that I will continue to post my view respectfully as I believe is appropriate - probably misguided but you get that.

It was for Kieran Foran's wedding.

Are you seriously suggesting, given two companies offering the same or similar products, one with professional, courteous nice people offering fantastic customer service, the other with rude obnoxious staff offering poor service, you would choose the later ?
(I should point out I am not comparing the companies you mentioned, just the concept you propose )

I have no doubt the staff (I have dealt with a few) are hard working and courteous that doesn't mean I should pay a membership fee if I don't agree with the way the owner has conducted his business cuzzo. If they lose their job blame the owner not me.

Hey Talons, that would have been Foran’s wedding he was attending. The Stewart bros and Watmough were there too apparently. Not sure that Cherry got an invite but he was busy anyway!

I have no doubt the staff (I have dealt with a few) are hard working and courteous that doesn't mean I should pay a membership fee if I don't agree with the way the owner has conducted his business cuzzo.

FMD mate, I will have to type this very slow for you

I never said at any point anyone, including you, should be a member for any reason, I think you have every right to do as you please without being labeled as anything. Likewise I believe I have the right to renew without being labeled anything either, I was replying to someone who insinuated that I, along with everyone else that renewed are suckers... I happen to believe my membership money goes towards keep good people in jobs. If you don't agree with that, that is your problem.
You can do whatever the FK you want I don't give a rats ass mate, you sort of lost any credibility to me when you say you choose rude staff over nice staff when choosing where to buy products.
And its Mr Cuzzo to you @:cool:

You can do whatever the FK you want I don't give a rats ass mate, you sort of lost any credibility to me when you say you choose rude staff over nice staff when choosing where to buy products.
You lost credibility by not saying you are a paid employee of Penn.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8