It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
If you disagree with me, disagree. That's fine. Happy to debate. There are others that agree with your point, there's others that agree with mine, but that's their perogative to say / debate.

We are individuals. I don't talk on behalf of anyone.

That's all.

If there is a shortfall in the P&L for the business, where does it come from? Your membership is income there. Therefore, your membership absolutely goes into Scott Penn's pockets, sorry.

You keep missing the point, I am not debating you on the rights or wrongs of Penn or the direction of the club or the position it is in.

I took exception to YOU labeling members who rejoin or join as suckers for lining Penns pocket.

And by the way, P/L balance sheets my ass, sorry to say, I love watching my team play at home or away, my membership gives me exceptional value so much so that if I wasn't a member I would be paying a great deal more to enjoy the same pass time.
My membership money along with others also helps keep very good "nice" people in a jobs.

I am not defending Penn, he has Fkd up big time along the way and the way in which the take over was handled and everything else along the way I know that, everyone does. My stance is not with or against Penn.
My stance is purely of others trying to imply that anyone with a different view and deciding to join or renew to support and I again say TEAM, that somehow that equates to lining Penns pocket and then banging on about how much the Penns make as a profit bla bla bla bla when the club makes a loss each and every year.
He bought it, he knew he was losing money and would like to limit the loss, whats wrong with that. Yes he has fkd up, but people want him to sell...who too ?

I'm not telling you to buy a membership or not (you did that's great) I was just making a point that's why some people are hesitant to keep doing what we are doing and getting no results. Limiting loss is fine once you have things in place to be successful and at the moment we don't. How many times this year have we been promised an announcement is imminent for a recruitment officer? yet still nothing.

Time for another conspiracy theory. Barrett will be our first grade coach through the off season an for at least the start of next year. The Des-will-coach story is another attempt to break the heart of fans and drive away the last of the support the team enjoys so the owners can pack up the license without opposition or complaint and move it to richer pastures.

I'm not telling you to buy a membership or not (you did that's great) I was just making a point that's why some people are hesitant to keep doing what we are doing and getting no results. Limiting loss is fine once you have things in place to be successful and at the moment we don't. How many times this year have we been promised an announcement is imminent for a recruitment officer? yet still nothing.

Oh man, how many times to I say it ? I agree, though I do take exception to someone insinuating I am a sucker for renewing, and only effecting some P/L statement. I understand perfectly why some people are hesitant and wanting more direction and good for you and everyone like you for doing so if you feel you need to do that. That was not my initial point I was making I am not criticising anyone who takes that stance, I am criticising the fact that it was insinuated I and others like me who have renewed are simply suckers.

I cannot and will not criticise Penn for wanting some sort of balance with the annual turnover and not paying out $350k for Barrett until I know the details of why he believes he should not have to.

Oh man, how many times to I say it ? I agree, though I do take exception to someone insinuating I am a sucker for renewing, and only effecting some P/L statement. I understand perfectly why some people are hesitant and wanting more direction and good for you and everyone like you for doing so if you feel you need to do that. That was not my initial point I was making I am not criticising anyone who takes that stance, I am criticising the fact that it was insinuated I and others like me who have renewed are simply suckers.

I cannot and will not criticise Penn for wanting some sort of balance with the annual turnover and not paying out $350k for Barrett until I know the details of why he believes he should not have to.

Yes, and my stance is screw Penn, until he stumps up and fixes this mess. He's driven us to the point of extinction.

His decisions. His lack of capital. His lack of results. His lack of accountability. His lack of approachability.

These are what drives the culture, negative perception, direction and identity.

End of the day, your money given our sole ownership goes to Scott Penn. The same Scott Penn everyone (including Barrett) has reason for concern about / with.

It would take around 30 years of memberships (without expenses) to make up for the profits Penn has made on the sale of his shares to third parties and sale of our leagues club to Asian Property Developers.

Yet he won't payout Cartwright / Barrett so the club can move forward with a clean slate .Instead, all of a sudden, principle is what matters to the same guy that white anted our very own Geoff Toovey.

Trust me, I've felt like you up until this season. I considered my membership a donation to the hobby I love and that's helped me through some awful times.

But that hobbies been destroyed by the bloke that's bought us as his toy, then dumped us in the back of his closet to bring out when he wants to brag about it.

You don't? "My membership money along with others also helps keep very good "nice" people in a jobs."
that's a weird thing to say.

I dont think so, I think it is a fact.....

When the nice lady in membership asked why? .....

as @Wombat64 experienced himself and many others.
There remains very nice courteous professional people who are involved with the team. I would like to think my membership moneys contribute to keeping them employed.

And what is the problem ?
That Rich boys project originally saved the club with a much needed Injection, I am talking about the original partnership and not the take over before you get you knickers in a knot.
No problem. They can just fund their own hobbies.

So after 2 replies it's safe to say (imo) you work or more likely know someone who does in the membership department. Last reason I would renew is to keep "nice" people employed.

Nice people work at coles I choose to shop at woolies,nice people work at pizza hut I eat at dominos and I don't feel bad for those nice people why should I feel bad for the membership team?

as @Wombat64 experienced himself and many others.
There remains very nice courteous professional people who are involved with the team. I would like to think my membership moneys contribute to keeping them employed.
Know what though @ManEagle , that's probably a valid point that I haven't taken into consideration.

Yep, fair call on that front. Absolutely.

Yes, and my stance is screw Penn, until he stumps up and fixes this mess. He's driven us to the point of extinction.
His decisions. His lack of capital. His lack of results. His lack of accountability. His lack of approachability.
These are what drives the culture, negative perception, direction and identity.
End of the day, your money given our sole ownership goes to Scott Penn. The same Scott Penn everyone (including Barrett) has reason for concern about / with.
It would take around 30 years of memberships (without expenses) to make up for the profits Penn has made on the sale of his shares to third parties and sale of our leagues club to Asian Property Developers.
Yet he won't payout Cartwright / Barrett so the club can move forward with a clean slate .Instead, all of a sudden, principle is what matters to the same guy that white anted our very own Geoff Toovey.
Trust me, I've felt like you up until this season. I considered my membership a donation to the hobby I love and that's helped me through some awful times.
But that hobbies been destroyed by the bloke that's bought us as his toy, then dumped us in the back of his closet to bring out when he wants to brag about it.

Good for you,
bringing up Toovy reminded me of something you said a long time ago and ljust as you are now telling any one else presently renewing they are suckers, you took the opposite stance telling everyone who didnt to Man the **** up.
Remember this

"
For those claiming they won't monetarily support the club because of Toovey / Gigg / Singe or whoever need to remember this:

Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, Tom & Jake Trbojevic, Jamie Lyon, Matt Ballin (hopefully), Jorge Taufua, Peta Hiku, DCE, Jamie Buhrer and so on and so forth.

Players that have spilled blood to keep you entertained.

That's who your turning you back on.
How about Brooky Oval? No members, no monetary support / turning up to games = team rellocation.
Is that what you want?

Guys, man the **** up, and support your team. Sure, complain about X players form, or Y players / coaches / managements ability, but the club, and those players I listed need you.

@lovefooty your certainly loyal mate, but the politics have taken priority for you. Step back and enjoy the footy, and our club. It's footy. It's a soap opera.
Enjoy it as your hobby, because.if everyone took your stance, and shut down supporting the club monetarily, we'd have no club anymore.
Is that what you want?
"

Same situation, different players and members, except now I am a sucker for doing just that !!!!

I am happy to go on, but I have to go out have a few beers and be back in time for the Test Match
Good Day Sir...

Good for you,
bringing up Toovy reminded me of something you said a long time ago and ljust as you are now telling any one else presently renewing they are suckers, you took the opposite stance telling everyone who didnt to Man the **** up.
Remember this

""

Same situation, different players and members, except now I am a sucker for doing just that !!!!

I am happy to go on, but I have to go out have a few beers and be back in time for the Test Match
Good Day Sir...
Have a good one mate. Nothing personal , just debating the ins / outs, pros / cons of the team ATM.

Last thing though, the politics back then weren't paramount the extinction of our team, and we were improving.

Today, we are regressing, could be dying off all together.

Totally.difgerent environments.

OK @Ryan and @ManEagle it's a draw ..... and PSS ... you are both good supporters .....

But the big issue at the moment is I bought this product and there were no instruction on how to use it ..... can any of you tech savvy young blokes help ...

44373121_1943593185944090_3597129290442866688_n.png

OK @Ryan and @ManEagle it's a draw ..... and PSS ... you are both good supporters .....

But the big issue at the moment is I bought this product and there were no instruction on how to use it ..... can any of you tech savvy young blokes help ...

44373121_1943593185944090_3597129290442866688_n.png

I can tell ya "fried" is spelt incorrectly.

regards,

ge - Proud 2019 member.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10