Is Tom's best position fullback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I saw a lot of boys lifting out there today, but your superstar second jesus coming was NOT one of them.
Unfortunately he didnt perform, which is really disappointing but he will get better, highs lows are a part of the game. You can whinge all you want now but Tom will get back to his brilliant best.

That’s not entirely fair, he had a red hot crack. He was dross though.
Agree. He did get in there in the second half and had a red hot go, getting much more involved. And yes, unfortunately, not in the right emotional state to be effective.

“Tom is dealing with a lot of drama, I dont think anyone can fathom what he is going through.”

Unless a family member has a terminal illness or something just as serious, then that’s just a ridiculous cop out.

He’s the new SKD. He’s not improving, he’s just making more and more errors every week. Today was embarrassing.
Its obvious the dramas surrounding the club are impacting him, and its hitting him harder as he is a young player. To compare Tom to SKD is stupid haha

Unfortunately he didnt perform, which is really disappointing but he will get better, highs lows are a part of the game. You can whinge all you want now but Tom will get back to his brilliant best.
I think every fan on here holds the same hope, Turbo1. We all understand the potential and have been excited to have him in our fold. Nevertheless, his performances this year deserve every bit of flak and criticism he is copping.

The difference between a really good and a poor performance from the really good players is minimal. Tommy can be a world beater one day and an average reserve grader the next. I'm not sure whether he's injured or just incredibly low on confidence but today he was jumping around dropping balls when he had no need to get aerial and his passing game was vague and ineffective. Young, relatively inexperienced or not he is on superstar coin and isn't providing value. It's time the fans and commentators took a chill pill and realise he has a looooong way to go before he becomes a great player let alone fullback.

I think every fan on here holds the same hope, Turbo1. We all understand the potential and have been excited to have him in our fold. Nevertheless, his performances this year deserve every bit of flak and criticism he is copping.
I completely agree, but its the stupid comments that are unnecessary that really ruin some of the proper analysis of his game. I am not denying his poor form.

I completely agree, but its the stupid comments that are unnecessary that really ruin some of the proper analysis of his game. I am not denying his poor form.
Well, fans need to vent. None of us our part of the coaching or playing group. We get our joys (and heartaches) living vicariously through our team. Some of the suggestions are just going to be part of the fan's vent and not necessarily sound tactical or strategic solutions to the team's performances.

It is a shame that our injury toll has depleted our team so much, Tommy is struggling badly and I believe its a combination of his ankle not being right, I have not seen him really stretch out all season and he is playing on edge and the errors are mounting with the ball, the two dropped bombs were costly today and that is something he will need to improve.

I think we all forget that he is still only 21 and learning his trade, Hopefully, things will settle in our halves and Tommy can be used in the position of running onto a pass and causing mayhem which we know he can do, right now he is trying too hard and the mistakes are regular,

He will get better, he's too much of a talent, this is the time where he needs to work hard on the training paddock and he will be back to his devastating best soon.

If he could sort out his passing is it worth giving him a crack at 6 and saying more often then not run the ball from second receiver?

Turbo has dynamite potential
Either destroys and blows up Manly...or the opposition
Today some great attacking, but his drops were bad
The worst thing noteable in 2018 is his urgency
Can shake his head and point fingers, but out of position defensively too often and seems a little half hearted in desire to get too the ball ot scream at his front line
It’s good he can open up opposition like a tin of sardines, but defensively shows attitude imo, call it confidence and he is a confidence player, but more to it

Tom is definitely a fullback and I think people forget what he can actually do at times.

Unfortunately when his head isn't right, like now, he does have errors in his game. But he didn't actually drop his head and give up. Both times he dropped those kicks he was straight back into it trying to get some running going and he was making progress.

Tom is definitely a fullback and I think people forget what he can actually do at times.

Unfortunately when his head isn't right, like now, he does have errors in his game. But he didn't actually drop his head and give up. Both times he dropped those kicks he was straight back into it trying to get some running going and he was making progress.
He’s not even first grade standard. Off to blacktown son

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12