Is Tom's best position fullback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Im just talking crap now on the jack daniels. But we should get turbos fathers sperm and and have 13 surrogates to create the ultimate team in 20 years time it would lead to too a straight 15 premierships . YEAH BABY.

I'd like to see Tom contest the ball in air more when we're on the attack. It is just not happening at the moment and he holds a serious height advantage over all other fullbacks
This.

Astounding that his height attribute and athleticism has never been exploited for attacking bombs. Geez, even Lyon made something of a reputation for himself in this area, and he is so far from the natural athleticism and build of Tom... I don't know, it just puzzles me.

He has to be playing at about 50% at best at the moment

He has absolutely no acceleration, which is his biggest weapon, so at the moment he isn't doing much more than a stock standard fullback should do. The constant ankle injuries over the past 3 years are getting very concerning

All this origin talk should be shelved, as should the commentators talking him up as a superstar at every opportunity

He has a mountain of potential that he will hopefully fully hit one day, but at this stage he has far too many errors and stupid plays in him to go to the next level along with his injury concerns.
Last play last night, only looked at it once, but I'm sure that spreading the call wide may have seen some extra numbers there and was a far better option than that little kick he produced

So far this season he has only had 1 above average game, against Canberra, and that is a worry

I think Tom would be outstanding anywhere in the backline, except maybe half. Sometimes he remind me of a young Lockyer, but quicker, and we know how well Lockyer was at 5/8. But I also wonder about Kelly at 5/8. He has those types of skills.
He could go into the Guinness Book of Records - the game’s tallest no. 7.

Jake’s more of a concern to me. He looks slower than usual, no offloads, no starch in defence.

The ball playing role might have stuffed him up a bit ? Last year he just took the ball up, this year he looks in 2 minds and rather than hitting the line is more concerned about having the ball out front in 2 hands

Don't have much doubt he will come good, but biggest surprise of the season for me so far is his form, have voted for him twice in survivor which I thought I'd never do

I'd like to see Tom contest the ball in air more when we're on the attack. It is just not happening at the moment and he holds a serious height advantage over all other fullbacks

He ran for every single high ball that was put up, he just couldn't get there in time because Cherry's kicking game last night was abysmal and he never put it high enough for any of our players to reach it. Seriously go back and watch. Under the high ball for defence though he was safe as houses as always. Tom is a brilliant player, a brilliant full back and will be for a very long time. The entire team just cant perform at the moment.

Does Tommy need a couple of weeks in Reggies?
Or a night out at a couple of Brookie strip joints?

You just need to watch the way Tommy passes - lobs the ball with little conviction.
Ponga - uses his shoulders and body and passes accurately and like a bullet.

Last edited:
Tom plays FB on attack and Wing in Defence? Worth buying an expirenced FB for next year Similar to what Gordon/Minicheillo have done in the past

With Suli and Walker there isn't/shouldn't really be a centre spot available

Does Tommy need a couple of weeks in Reggies?
Or a night out at a couple of Brookie strip joints?

Bring Tom Wright in at FB and move Turbo to wing. He may be able take some bombs we up then.
Reserves? Sorry but that is a really dumb comment! Sure he is some terrible form right now but this is a special, amazing player. 2015, 2016 and 2017 he was amazing, 2017 he was going to play origin. Stick by him and the team, Tom is dealing with a lot of drama, I dont think anyone can fathom what he is going through. Starting your career in a team that is a basket case would be horrible. There is plenty of calls from angry fans for him to move from fullback to a less important position, but he is too good a player and he is only 22! He will be a long term rep fullback for nsw and possibly aus (Maybe on the wing for aus, ponga is wow). Many in the game including Johns (GOAT) who says he is a fullback and a bloody good one! Johns is the best there has ever been and Im certain he wouldnt move Tom, and I think he would know more than anyone in the game, especially a handful of angry fans. Back Tom, he will return to his best! Ps. Great performance from the boys today, while it was far from perfect the effort and passion was the best its been.

Reserves? Sorry but that is a really dumb comment! Sure he is some terrible form right now but this is a special, amazing player. 2015, 2016 and 2017 he was amazing, 2017 he was going to play origin. Stick by him and the team, Tom is dealing with a lot of drama, I dont think anyone can fathom what he is going through. Starting your career in a team that is a basket case would be horrible. There is plenty of calls from angry fans for him to move from fullback to a less important position, but he is too good a player and he is only 22! He will be a long term rep fullback for nsw and possibly aus (Maybe on the wing for aus, ponga is wow). Many in the game including Johns (GOAT) who says he is a fullback and a bloody good one! Johns is the best there has ever been and Im certain he wouldnt move Tom, and I think he would know more than anyone in the game, especially a handful of angry fans. Back Tom, he will return to his best! Ps. Great performance from the boys today, while it was far from perfect the effort and passion was the best its been.
FFS!.. you can't keep talking like Turbo is the second coming but it is the basket case team around him causing him grief and holding him back. That's ridiculous... NEWSFLASH... Turbo IS PART OF THAT "BASKET CASE" TEAM AND EQUALLY RESPONSIBLE for how it performs. Now if he is not good enough to pull his own game together and help lead the basket out of the case, then perhaps his salary figure and the status it denotes needs to be questioned.

FFS!.. you can't keep talking like Turbo is the second coming but it is the basket case team around him causing him grief and holding him back. That's ridiculous... NEWSFLASH... Turbo IS PART OF THAT "BASKET CASE" TEAM AND EQUALLY RESPONSIBLE for how it performs. Now if he is not good enough to pull his own game together and help lead the basket out of the case, then perhaps his salary figure and the status it denotes needs to be questioned.
I think we can all agree all the boys can lift each other together.

“Tom is dealing with a lot of drama, I dont think anyone can fathom what he is going through.”

Unless a family member has a terminal illness or something just as serious, then that’s just a ridiculous cop out.

He’s the new SKD. He’s not improving, he’s just making more and more errors every week. Today was embarrassing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8