Is there a coach as bad as Ricky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
BOZO said:
Stevo said:
If you have to go all the way back to 1986 for a Marquee player then youve proven my point. Blaming Ricky Stuart for not being able to attract players also proves my point that you, like everyone else are bandwagon Ricky bashers.
Here are the Facts Stevo why everyone else accept you are on the bandwagon
Following the hapless New Zealand Warriors 54-12 thrashing of the once-mighty Canberra Raiders on Saturday afternoon, Ricky Stuart’s recent coaching record stands at 13 wins from his last 60 NRL games.

Just when you thought this once-proud club couldn’t possibly put together two back-to-back dreadful, spiritless performances, they were made to look like a bunch of schoolboys playing against men in Auckland.

Here is a fact about Ricky Stuart – the best thing he has done since finishing his distinguished rugby league playing career is signing John Fordham as his business manager.

Fordham is a genius for his role in persuading poorly-performing NRL clubs to sign this impostor of an NRL coach to long-term deals.

When Ricky left the Roosters to join Cronulla, he was paid out of his contract. Similarly, he is still being paid by the Eels while ruining the Green Machine.

Ricky inherited a great Roosters team from Graham Murray and was given a walk up start to a premiership with Brad Fittler, Craig Wing, Brett Finch, Luke Ricketson and Adrian Morley on his roster. Slowly, as the seasons wore on and he lost the trust and respect of his players, his tenure became untenable.

Roosters players towards the end if his career openly criticised Sticky in public in a clear sign they did not respect him.

In his three years at Cronulla, Ricky managed just 33 wins.

We all remember what he did at the Eels – sacking half of the players mid season before walking out in the club at the end of the year. In 24 games at the Eels Ricky only had five wins. Yes, five. That’s 21 per cent.

And yet the miracle worker that is John Fordham managed to get his client a lucrative three-year deal at Canberra.

Results don’t lie. It is only a matter of time before the Canberra board see beyond Fordham’s magic and sack his client.

The earlier this is done by Canberra, the better.

So you're bagging him because he won a GF with a great roster given to him by another coach and because he hasn't been able to get the 3 of the poorest rosters in modern day RL to fire?

How is Toovey any different? And how do you think Tooves would have gone at Parra last year and Canberra his year?
Stevo are you comparing 2V with Ricky ? You have to be joking right ?
Why dont you ask Horo who he thinks is the coach that gets the best out of his players Ricky or 2V
Horo was one of the players that Ricky told that he was not first grade standard . What a joke Stevo .I think you must be joking

Why would i be joking?

Stuart took over a good team and won a GF
Toovey took over a great team and hasn't won anything

Stuart took over 3 teams not spending anywhere near the cap and wasn't able to get them going. How would he have gone if those clubs had money to spend on players? How would Toovey go in that scenario?

In fact Parra probably were spending near the cap but their roster was ****, hence the cleanout.

Stevo said:
Great input

So Stevo here is the rub.

Please identify any relationship you have to RS.

Are u him in disguise?
Are you his son/daughter?
Are u another close friend or relative of the coach?

It's time to come clean Stevo - who are you really? :D

Stevo said:
Why would i be joking?

Stuart took over 3 teams not spending anywhere near the cap and wasn't able to get them going. How would he have gone if those clubs had money to spend on players? How would Toovey go in that scenario?

In fact Parra probably were spending near the cap but their roster was ..., hence the cleanout.

Stevo you would be the only person in the NRL today that would have the audacity to compare Ricky with 2V .
If Ricky could not see Horo's ability as first grade standard as a player Neither is Ricky up to first grade standard as a coach

Daddycool08 said:
Stevo said:
Great input

Are u him in disguise?

Never met him

BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Why would i be joking?

In fact Parra probably were spending near the cap but their roster was ..., hence the cleanout.

Stevo you would be the only person in the NRL today that would have the audacity to compare Ricky with 2V .
If Ricky could not see Horo's ability as first grade standard as a player Neither is Ricky up to first grade standard as a coach

It was Kearney that had the Problem With Horo and dumped him. So you're wrong again.

Stevo said:
Daddycool08 said:
Stevo said:
Great input

Are u him in disguise?

Never met him

BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Why would i be joking?

It was Kearney that had the Problem With Horo and dumped him. So you're wrong again.

Kearney was also a clean out King at Parra and that is why i got him mixed up with Ricky They both failed at the Eels and they both jumped ship before the end of their contract
What Ricky needs to justify your high opinion of him is success not excuses

For those comparing tooves to stuart it is only fair to look at them at this point of their careers

Tooves has had 2 years for one grand final and one semi
At this point Stuart had a GF win and a grand final lose

Both of the coaches inherited star studded teams.

BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Daddycool08 said:
Stevo said:
Great input

Are u him in disguise?

Never met him

BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Why would i be joking?

Kearney was also a clean out King at Parra and that is why i got him mixed up with Ricky They both failed at the Eels and they both jumped ship before the end of their contract

He's had sucess.

1 Premiership
1 State of origin Series

I think the truth of the matter sits somewhere between the two extremes being touted in this here thread; Stewart is not a terrible coach, and he not a good coach either, more adequate.

Stevo is quite right in stating that he inherited a basket case at Parramatta, and ditto Canberra. Obviously the Eels were spooners, and the Raiders lost Dugan and Ferguson respectively, not to mention their three highest paid players are Shillington, Learoyd-Lahrs (barely played a first grade game in 3 years), and Campese (who's knees are completely shot).

He maintained the rage at the Roosters, making three GF's and winning one. I don't believe for one second that he could have managed this simply because of the squad he inherited; it's not possible in the modern game. However, things eventually turned pear shaped, and then he had a stint with the Sharks. Again, he started well, but things got ugly and he oversaw the worst losing streak in the clubs less than proud history.

The conclusion I draw from all of this, is he has some coaching talent no doubt, but he can lose the dressing room quickly if things don't go his way.

Stevo said:
BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Daddycool08 said:
Stevo said:
Great input

Are u him in disguise?

Never met him

BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Why would i be joking?

He's had sucess.

1 Premiership
1 State of origin Series

Ask the Sharks the Eels and the Raiders how successful he is :)

BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Why would i be joking?

Wayne Bennett said Ballin wasn't good enough. Is Bennett not up to standard either ?

BOZO said:
Stevo said:
BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Daddycool08 said:

Are u him in disguise?

Never met him

BOZO said:

He's had sucess.

1 Premiership
1 State of origin Series

The Sharks would say "he was points differential away from a minor premiership with a team that wasn't as good on paper than Manly and Melbourne".

The Eels would probably say "we had the worst first grade roster in our history when Ricky got here and 1 year after his cleanout we're running mid table. It's a shame he left early for a massive contract at the Raiders that not many coaches would have refused. It would have been intersting to see how he went had he seen out his contract".

The Raiders would probably say "we can't wait for Rick to broom the place and get rid of our reserve grade standard club captain and our aging front row, all of whom have a history of turning players on the coach and creating a poisonous atmosphere at this club".

Kiwi Eagle said:
BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Why would i be joking?

Wayne Bennett said Ballin wasn't good enough. Is Bennett not up to standard either ?

Ask the Newcastle Knights how good he was without a State of origin line up

Stevo said:
BOZO said:
Stevo said:
BOZO said:
Stevo said:
Never met him

He's had sucess.

1 Premiership
1 State of origin Series

The Sharks would say "he was points differential away from a minor premiership with a team that wasn't as good on paper than Manly and Melbourne".

The Eels would probably say "we had the worst first grade roster in our history when Ricky got here and 1 year after his cleanout we're running mid table. It's a shame he left early for a massive contract at the Raiders that not many coaches would have refused. It would have been intersting to see how he went had he seen out his contract".

The Raiders would probably say "we can't wait for Rick to broom the place and get rid of our reserve grade standard club captain and our aging front row, all of whom have a history of turning players on the coach and creating a poisonous atmosphere at this club".

At least we agree on one thing and the main thing is that the mighty Sea eagles will win the comp Stevo :)

Bozo, I asked Newcastle if Bennett was still up to standard and they informed me he took them 1 game from the GF last year ;)

Stevo said:
Great input

You asked , I told you! what more do you want?

Ricky may be a good coach technically, but he is not a people person when it comes to footy.

From the accounts I've heard from 2 people involved with him re footy- great bloke away from footy, way to intense when it involves footy- players are scared of him basically.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Bozo, I asked Newcastle if Bennett was still up to standard and they informed me he took them 1 game from the GF last year ;)
Kiwi Eagle I looked up Bennett's coaching record at the Knights 70 games 32 wins 1 draw 37 losses
2012 Finished 3rd last
2013 Finished 7th
2014 currently 3rd last and he and Ricky will be challenging for the wooden spoon prize
May the best coach win :)

Great thread with intelligent arguments on both sides. Credit to @Stevo for arguing against the popular view and proving pretty persuasive with well referenced points.

Keep it up Silvertails!

Brookie Brawler said:
Great thread with intelligent arguments on both sides. Credit to @Stevo for arguing against the popular view and proving pretty persuasive with well referenced points.

Keep it up Silvertails!
Stevo is a good sport . Very competetive as well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8