Is Barrett to soft?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
Against South's we had the forward advantage, we had the majority of possession too. Yet still couldnt get a win.

But the truth is we had no idea what to do with the pill, we threw very little at the rabbits in attack. Give some credit to the bunnies defence, it wasnt a weak wall yep but I think they stuck the cue in the rack very early and thats the real reason Mcguire had the halftime ****e+s, the bunnies they we're comfortable defending, with very little really to defend against and took the soft option.

Our backline looks far from world class ATM, Taufua catching has gotten worse. Our game control and kick game non existent. As much as it hurts me to say it, I think we have too much work and improvement still to do in the time we have to be a top 8 threat.

Seriously one player DCE being out doesn't mean 17 other players have an excuse.

I am all for flying under the radar. But Barrett's post match conferences are now just excuse after excuse and planting the seed for an excuse for next week's loss.

Now it's the players need 3 days rest, then we have such a long trip to NZ followed by another short turn around. How can we possibly win rah rah rah.

What your really saying over and over in your head Trent, ' We didn't look capable of winning what we should have won.'. Ohhh ****!!!!!!

Will the next post match interview be we weren't used to a 9 day turnaround, and having so much rest. We didn't know what to do with it, and the plane flight made us tired so the players had to sleep more then the 3 solid days I have been giving them off.

Toovs had the same problem as a first year coach. Barrett is being to bloody nice to the playing group. He is being too f'''':n soft.

Yes I get a new coach thinks he needs to win the players over, show he cares about them. Earn respect and all of that.

Bull****. Players work out if you care or not. I am not seeing a coach who is being tough enough. Great coachs demand respect. They don't dilly dally around with this ****. Hell Bennetts return to the donkeys had him telling Thaiday we may not have a place and he was fightinh for a contract.

Toovs needed the senior playing group to tell him to be tougher and Barrett's fallen into the same trap.

The senior players looked to have had it way too easy in the off season, most started well after the reserves and sorry but even with a big turn over of players, other teams in a similar boat haven't started the season so far off the pace like we have.

Now its excuses about the draw, and only a 20 mins coaching session for the halves to remember how to play ball. Bull ****. Next it will be about how cherry is impossible to replace and Blah blah blah.

Cry us a river princess.

Dear Des at the bulldogs isnt whinging about the reduced interchange. LOL the cunning old Fox is playing serious mind games with the opposition and saying it should have been reduced by another two. What do you think if those apples. LOL

Trent my friend, you have had long enough to play this nice and polite card.

A loss is a loss. A loss when it should have been a win, makes the loss even worse, and sorry that's not the right time to bring out the excuses card.

Enough of the excuses already. I don't want to hear how you couldn't go into the dressing room and be upset at the players who lost when they should have won.

There is such a thing as being too nice on the players as a coach. Trent my friend as a coach i think its about time you took a rather big teaspoon of cement.

This was the first time Api and Walks played together in the halves.
The last tackle options suffered accordingly. :cool:

I think Ballin is a bigger loss than Manly anticipated as he used to feed both sides of our attack.
Parcell/Api will get the balance right and we won't frustrate Killer and Snake to step in with rushed kicks @:cool:

Baz can not afford to vent, when he is fast running out of troops to replace the offending player :shake:

Patience is hard to accept, but we need to do so :(

Against South's we had the forward advantage, we had the majority of possession too. Yet still couldnt get a win.

But the truth is we had no idea what to do with the pill, we threw very little at the rabbits in attack. Give some credit to the bunnies defence, it wasnt a weak wall yep but I think they stuck the cue in the rack very early and thats the real reason Mcguire had the halftime ****e+s, the bunnies they we're comfortable defending, with very little really to defend against and took the soft option.

Our backline looks far from world class ATM, Taufua catching has gotten worse. Our game control and kick game non existent. As much as it hurts me to say it, I think we have too much work and improvement still to do in the time we have to be a top 8 threat.

Seriously one player DCE being out doesn't mean 17 other players have an excuse.

I am all for flying under the radar. But Barrett's post match conferences are now just excuse after excuse and planting the seed for an excuse for next week's loss.

Now it's the players need 3 days rest, then we have such a long trip to NZ followed by another short turn around. How can we possibly win rah rah rah.

What your really saying over and over in your head Trent, ' We didn't look capable of winning what we should have won.'. Ohhh ****!!!!!!

Will the next post match interview be we weren't used to a 9 day turnaround, and having so much rest. We didn't know what to do with it, and the plane flight made us tired so the players had to sleep more then the 3 solid days I have been giving them off.

Toovs had the same problem as a first year coach. Barrett is being to bloody nice to the playing group. He is being too f'''':n soft.

Yes I get a new coach thinks he needs to win the players over, show he cares about them. Earn respect and all of that.

Bull****. Players work out if you care or not. I am not seeing a coach who is being tough enough. Great coachs demand respect. They don't dilly dally around with this ****. Hell Bennetts return to the donkeys had him telling Thaiday we may not have a place and he was fightinh for a contract.

Toovs needed the senior playing group to tell him to be tougher and Barrett's fallen into the same trap.

The senior players looked to have had it way too easy in the off season, most started well after the reserves and sorry but even with a big turn over of players, other teams in a similar boat haven't started the season so far off the pace like we have.

Now its excuses about the draw, and only a 20 mins coaching session for the halves to remember how to play ball. Bull ****. Next it will be about how cherry is impossible to replace and Blah blah blah.

Cry us a river princess.

Dear Des at the bulldogs isnt whinging about the reduced interchange. LOL the cunning old Fox is playing serious mind games with the opposition and saying it should have been reduced by another two. What do you think if those apples. LOL

Trent my friend, you have had long enough to play this nice and polite card.

A loss is a loss. A loss when it should have been a win, makes the loss even worse, and sorry that's not the right time to bring out the excuses card.

Enough of the excuses already. I don't want to hear how you couldn't go into the dressing room and be upset at the players who lost when they should have won.

There is such a thing as being too nice on the players as a coach. Trent my friend as a coach i think its about time you took a rather big teaspoon of cement.

Haha mate I've given up on being negative, take a Depp breath and have a think it's only round 5. And yes having DCE is an excuse you should never underestimate an effect one player can have on a team. Sure DCE has been scoring tries or breaking the line but his kicking was have most probably got us home on Friday we just lacked direction and that can be fixed pretty easily. Our team is very young and is no doubt going to be one of the future gun sides. We have
Tom T: 19 years old future Nsw fullback
Walker: 21 years old future Nsw centre
Koroisau: 23 years old could possibly become one of the best 5/8s in the comp
Jake T: 22 years old future Nsw lock
Addin Fonua Blake: 20 years old future enforcer next taumalolo
Liam K: 20 years old future Nsw forward if he gets on the right track
John walker: 18 years old looks like he could be the next Luke Lewis he runs great lines

Look all that talent give it time and the team time this year we will be top 8 no doubt if we gel.

And he certainly has a point about the back to back 5 day turnarounds.

3 games in 10 days is criminal for any team.

Now we get a 9 day break and then get to back it up with another 5 day turnaround from another country!

We are used to 5 day turnarounds but not when they're back to back.

I don't think any team has had to play 3 premiership games in 10 days since the old midweek replays when deciding the final 5.

There was a big build up for the Souths game regarding his issue and Sometimes the week after is where the let down happens.

I hope not, we can beat the Warriors as they're not defending very well.

Teams sometimes don't back up from a golden point game so let's hope it happens to the Warriors this week.

Geez I hope no one gets injured. I want everyone fit and firing for those slimey eels 5 days later.

I am going to say he is not too soft at all. Coaches that are too soft don't penalize their players for poor performances, case in point Rick Stone.

Look at what Barrett has done with the roster over the last few weeks. Green was disappointing in the first two games and was dropped, Koroisau was disappointing in his first two games and was dropped, Brown was disappointing in his first two games so he was demoted to the bench and he started to take advantage of his ability to play multiple positions more, Taupau was disappointing in the middle so he was moved to the edges to add size to them and has been on fire ever since.

He isn't soft at all, he has shown he is more than willing to admit he is wrong about players and drop them. We don't see Hasler style sprays from him yet but I could see them coming. Remember he was coached by Nathan Brown the coach who was most certainly not afraid to slap a bitch.

Those coaches considered the best a Bennett, Bellamy or Hasler if they are our coach this week do you all think the players still get 3 days solid off? They all seem to share one thing in common, a very high 'work ethic'.

If dce plays, we win that game by 12 easily. He has the finishing touches every team needs. We can't say it's just one player, it's no excuse, if you take cam smith away from Melbourne, they crumble.

We didn't have the forward advantage, we fought back and took the forward advantage.

This was the first time Api and Walks played together in the halves.
The last tackle options suffered accordingly. :cool:

I think Ballin is a bigger loss than Manly anticipated as he used to feed both sides of our attack.
Parcell/Api will get the balance right and we won't frustrate Killer and Snake to step in with rushed kicks @:cool:

Baz can not afford to vent, when he is fast running out of troops to replace the offending player :shake:

Patience is hard to accept, but we need to do so :(

Will be interesting to see how 9 days of Api training in the position with walker will improve their performance.

We lost for 3 reasons and 3 reasons only:
1. Gave them a massive headstart.
2. Rookie halves had difficulty breaking down the defence; we were missing that right ball to the backs/forwards that DCE/Foran would have provided in previous years. So lacked a bit of creativity/know-how in attack.
3. Terrible last tackle kicking game.

Will be interesting to see how 9 days of Api training in the position with walker will improve their performance.
6 days only as Baz gave them 3 days off ;)

But training is nothing to the adrenal rush of an NRL game :eek:

They and Parcell need to learn to play with the Team and not try and win on their own - 'curb your enthusiasm, Newbies' :)

Forget winning with better options on last tackle with DCE that 2nd half.
Add Jake & they simply don't blow us away up the middle that first 20 minutes, where it was really lost.

Haha mate I've given up on being negative, take a Depp breath and have a think it's only round 5. And yes having DCE is an excuse you should never underestimate an effect one player can have on a team. Sure DCE has been scoring tries or breaking the line but his kicking was have most probably got us home on Friday we just lacked direction and that can be fixed pretty easily. Our team is very young and is no doubt going to be one of the future gun sides. We have
Tom T: 19 years old future Nsw fullback
Walker: 21 years old future Nsw centre
Koroisau: 23 years old could possibly become one of the best 5/8s in the comp
Jake T: 22 years old future Nsw lock
Addin Fonua Blake: 20 years old future enforcer next taumalolo
Liam K: 20 years old future Nsw forward if he gets on the right track
John walker: 18 years old looks like he could be the next Luke Lewis he runs great lines

Look all that talent give it time and the team time this year we will be top 8 no doubt if we gel.
Who are you and what have you done with @Turbo ? @;)

Nice points.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8