Instead of this neverending talk about who we keep we should planning who we get

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are doing well in the NSW Cup, so perhaps the selectors of that team know what they are doing.

With the first grade side, the only time we had a full team was against The Worriers, and we lost Matai and Gift for most of that match. Yet we showed true spirit and won the match. Against the Tigers we again toughed it out.

The last three matches we've been totally up against the odds, and it has been no surprise to me that we've lost. But we all know that we are a mere one-fifth into the premiership, and let's not get too worried yet.

No need to go and spend stupid money. Players I wold be looking at would be;
Kasiano
Moi Moi
Tasi
Minichello (depending on Brett)

Would also enquire about De Belin, Prop with ball skills from dragons

Clay said:
No need to go and spend stupid money. Players I wold be looking at would be;
Kasiano
Moi Moi
Tasi
Minichello (depending on Brett)

Would also enquire about De Belin, Prop with ball skills from dragons

Kasiano has re-singed with the Dogs.
Parra would be mad to let Moi Moi go; he is their best player
Tasi doesn't seem to have improved much.
Mini? Absolutely not.

If we have any money left to recruit, and I can't imagine this, then we need look no further than the young forwards from the Worriers' NSW Cup side, or its Under 20s. They wouldn't be expensive, and they should be looking for a first grade opportunity.

if timandtom is talking about the prop who looks like he should be starting for any team and should have got a crack last year the majority of feedback i have heard is dissapointing and has hardly had a good showing since the trial against cronulla last year. Maybe he needs to read between the lines and force the coaches to pick him.

Given our situation right now i would still give him a run as maybe all he needs is a good kick up the ass to get going.

and Matas is right, Gift was farking useless in his first few seasons, never looked a chance of regular first grade.

Fluffy said:
if timandtom is talking about the prop who looks like he should be starting for any team and should have got a crack last year the majority of feedback i have heard is dissapointing and has hardly had a good showing since the trial against cronulla last year. Maybe he needs to read between the lines and force the coaches to pick him.

Given our situation right now i would still give him a run as maybe all he needs is a good kick up the ass to get going.

and Matas is right, Gift was farking useless in his first few seasons, never looked a chance of regular first grade.

Is there a reason this prop can't be named ?.....just asking:huh:

Cambo said:
Volley said:
Cambo's clearly talking about timandtom

Settle down matas volley is correct.
I knew who you were referring to and it is offensive to abuse them in the way you did. Consider yourself fortunate you don't have a demerit point warning.

Matabele said:
Cambo said:
Volley said:
Cambo's clearly talking about timandtom

Settle down matas volley is correct.
I knew who you were referring to and it is offensive to abuse them in the way you did. Consider yourself fortunate you don't have a demerit point warning.
Your kidding yourself matas alot of your posts regarding the fc boarder on defamition as well as some of your spiteful posts. Chill out hey.

WOW , this is getting a bit overboard , when you have 10-13 state or better players in your side you have a great side BUT when you get 3 4 5 injuries or suspension you are going to struggle , the back up pigs have only played 3- 10 games not to many stand out week in week out when they are tyring to learn pick up the speed of the game,. its going to take time , does not matter where they come from it takes time to be a 1st grade forward , sorry people choc ,gifty ,beaver all where not superstars 1st few games sit back relax have a beer enjoy the ride we are MANLY ,

TimandTom said:
This is a big topic of worry. If the club has no money to purchase players, buying new big name players is out of the picture. So, the little to no money left should be used to sign current new prospect or boost their chances of staying at the club, especially if they have been with the club throughout the lower grades and have shown promise and even more so, if combined with this that they are local juniors. Retention of these players with little to no money is tough at the best of time, but money is not the only thing that helps keeps good players at the club. Player friendships and bonds with each other is a major part but the biggest problems with retention currently at our club is harmony with the position that they hold within the club as alotted by the clubs selection committee, whoever they maybe (Dereks).

Whoever they maybe are only effecting the first grade side slightly, but are effecting the NSW Cup side in a major way. The word inside the camp is that players are at boiling point including possible walkouts from the club leaving us in even more of a hole with these players being the players that in many peoples eyes are the one that should be looked at as developing into first graders. I wont mention names but one current prop (not including G. Rose in this) was seen to be very disheartened by being moved from the position of starting prop to being this week moved to the bench. Shocking for a player being mentioned in future first grade. I'm not sure if it is attitude of this player as he does have a slight one, but I think the selection committees idea of a ROTATION POLICY is killing the club and it chance of retaining/keeping players. Another player who was missing out is said to have contacted management to gain a spot in the forward pack, keeping players who actually deserve an opportunity as they have been displaying form around several current first grade stars as DCE, K.Foz, JWH, Lama Tasi and many more for years. This player was also a previous capt of the Sea Eagles and also as stats displayed in the Rugby League Week states, he was last year regarded in the top 3 props in the U/20's comp mixing it with such top class young forwards as De Belin, Talomololo and other that I do not wish to attempt to spell (but there are more ie. Henry... easy one) but is even missing NSW Cup games let alone NRL. Are the selection committee just blind or are the also stupid like their idea of a rotation policy?? Cleal is said to be blamed of over signing of many unwanted Barry's, but he is not the current problem. The workings and especially team selection of the behind the seen management need to be majorly overhaul before we even start thinking about retention as harmony is paramount .

My understanhding is that Hasler re-signed Rose, Kite and King last year before he left. Big mistake as it pushes back the likes of Cunningham and Stromquest from progressing further for another 2 years.

Kite and Rose should have been shown the door last year but did current management have a say in the re-signings?

No clearly management sat around eating free sandwiches showing a complete disdain and disinterest in what the coach was up to. Hasler treated the joint as his personal Kingdom, signed big cheques that weren't his and clearly was pursuing a two year plan (with KPIs) to wreck the club whilst winning a Premiership purely to boost his own asking price with other clubs ........

tookey said:
TimandTom said:
This is a big topic of worry. If the club has no money to purchase players, buying new big name players is out of the picture. So, the little to no money left should be used to sign current new prospect or boost their chances of staying at the club, especially if they have been with the club throughout the lower grades and have shown promise and even more so, if combined with this that they are local juniors. Retention of these players with little to no money is tough at the best of time, but money is not the only thing that helps keeps good players at the club. Player friendships and bonds with each other is a major part but the biggest problems with retention currently at our club is harmony with the position that they hold within the club as alotted by the clubs selection committee, whoever they maybe (Dereks).

Whoever they maybe are only effecting the first grade side slightly, but are effecting the NSW Cup side in a major way. The word inside the camp is that players are at boiling point including possible walkouts from the club leaving us in even more of a hole with these players being the players that in many peoples eyes are the one that should be looked at as developing into first graders. I wont mention names but one current prop (not including G. Rose in this) was seen to be very disheartened by being moved from the position of starting prop to being this week moved to the bench. Shocking for a player being mentioned in future first grade. I'm not sure if it is attitude of this player as he does have a slight one, but I think the selection committees idea of a ROTATION POLICY is killing the club and it chance of retaining/keeping players. Another player who was missing out is said to have contacted management to gain a spot in the forward pack, keeping players who actually deserve an opportunity as they have been displaying form around several current first grade stars as DCE, K.Foz, JWH, Lama Tasi and many more for years. This player was also a previous capt of the Sea Eagles and also as stats displayed in the Rugby League Week states, he was last year regarded in the top 3 props in the U/20's comp mixing it with such top class young forwards as De Belin, Talomololo and other that I do not wish to attempt to spell (but there are more ie. Henry... easy one) but is even missing NSW Cup games let alone NRL. Are the selection committee just blind or are the also stupid like their idea of a rotation policy?? Cleal is said to be blamed of over signing of many unwanted Barry's, but he is not the current problem. The workings and especially team selection of the behind the seen management need to be majorly overhaul before we even start thinking about retention as harmony is paramount .

My understanhding is that Hasler re-signed Rose, Kite and King last year before he left. Big mistake as it pushes back the likes of Cunningham and Stromquest from progressing further for another 2 years.

Kite and Rose should have been shown the door last year but did current management have a say in the re-signings?

The T&T post is still being quoted so I finally decided to look at it, despite the giant paragraph making me dizzy.

I now see it is more of the never-ending talk about who we keep, but from the different angle of fringe young up-and-comers who are disillusioned about how long it is taking.

Those players can move right along. Our club has a sensational record in recent years for nurturing young talent. Yes it sometimes takes time, especially with forwards. If they are impatient they can trot off the Roosters. At this stage I have a lot of faith in our development programs, based on results from the last 7 or 8 years.

The Who said:

Kasiano has re-singed with the Dogs.
Parra would be mad to let Moi Moi go; he is their best player
Tasi doesn't seem to have improved much.
Mini? Absolutely not.

Kasiano - hasn't signed anything yet only in negotiations
Fui- Parra are letting Hindmarsh go a player of the same age and will need to ensure cap room for hoppa, sandow, Hayne, Tongas. It would be worth an enquiry, he could be the next Joe G.
Tasi - roosters are spending big may get him cheap.
Mini - who would you have play fullback next year if Brett leaves?

T & T, I may be wrong, but haven't we played three NSWCup players in the last couple of games? That would seem incentive enough. If the coach says to play of the bench, then suck it up you tenderheart, or leave. Simple really.

One of my mates is a big AFL fan. He just laughs at what NRL supporters have to go through every year with player swapping and the fact that you never know who's going to be in your team from year to year. How come they have a salary cap in the AFL but supporters know with some certainty that their team will generally be the same year in year out even if they win the GF?

because they have the same teams at the top for long streaks, NRL can have teams make GF one year and fight for the spoon the next, its much more even

Us, Storm and Dragons have been up the top as long as Geelong & Collingwood. A few years ago those teams weren't much chop. I'm not sure that the NRL is that much more even at all. Admittedley it'd be bad to have the same situation as the EPL where it's just buy if you've got the $$ but I reckon the NRL is at one extreme and the EPL at the other with the AFL the most balanced of the 3.

In recent years we had not, until recently, given long term extensions to geriatrics and so creating a concrete ceiling for up and coming talent.

The only thing opening the door for young talent is said injury to geriatrics, the stupidity and inconsistency of the judiciary and George Rose's girth.

G-land Express said:
One of my mates is a big AFL fan. He just laughs at what NRL supporters have to go through every year with player swapping and the fact that you never know who's going to be in your team from year to year. How come they have a salary cap in the AFL but supporters know with some certainty that their team will generally be the same year in year out even if they win the GF?

The draft.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9