Instead of this neverending talk about who we keep we should planning who we get

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not a recruitment officer though, I'm a fan who enjoys watching the team play, and I don't enjoy watching Billy Slater play. Same goes for Scummy Bill

Slater is a better player than Stewart. I do not really like players like Gallen, Smith, Hodges but I am not so one eyed to think they are not better than some of the players that Manly have.

Cambo said:
Ryan said:
If we WANT to improve, we ask Elliott to come out of retirement, and coach this team. I think he might be back-up at the chooks or something....not sure.
Sorry ryan that is dumbest post in the history of Internet forums.
1) judging tooves after 5 rounds.
2) go look at Elliot's record it's almost as bad as Peter sharps
I'm not going to crucify Tooves for losing three out of five away games, especially with the injuries and suspensions we've had. It's not exactly panic stations just yet.

Garts said:
Slater is a better player than Stewart. I do not really like players like Gallen, Smith, Hodges but I am not so one eyed to think they are not better than some of the players that Manly have.

Thank you!!!

I am a Manly fan but fu*k (Cambo's language) there is some dead wood in the ranks!!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
I haven't said Stewart is a better player than Slater, just that I would hate to see Slater play for us

You also said you hate/dislike watching him play. I take it you don't like watching exciting players.

I would love Slater in a Manly jersey and I love Ridgey!!! Prob my favourite Manly fullback

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Like watching exciting players, the likes of Marshall, Hayne, Johnson etc. They can be exciting without kicking people in the head, dropping elbows, sliding studs up into try scorers etc

Actually I do lie, I found Slaters 2008 World Cup Final effort exciting

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I haven't said Stewart is a better player than Slater, just that I would hate to see Slater play for us

You also said you hate/dislike watching him play. I take it you don't like watching exciting players.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Like watching exciting players, the likes of Marshall, Hayne, Johnson etc. They can be exciting without kicking people in the head, dropping elbows, sliding studs up into try scorers etc

Actually I do lie, I found Slaters 2008 World Cup Final effort exciting

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Haha, I like the last line. I also notice you are a fan of headbutters.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Ryan said:
Toovey is a crap coach. No-one wants to say it, and most are afraid to on this website, but I will.

Our defence is absolute garbage under him.

We aren't doing the little things right.

We look sloppy.

All these attributes, our team didn't have under Hasler.

Geoff, "I'm a laid back style approach" doesn't suit our system like I said after the 1st trial. Writing was on the wall.

You've still got the Norths mentality. Kneejerk reaction. Give the bloke a chance. The Dog had the luxury of very few injuries last year and he faired no better at the end od 2010 when we we bundled out of the semi because of injury and suspension.

Wait til we get our troops on the field and the contracts sorted either way. We looked pretty good the first 2 games didn't we?

This is a big topic of worry. If the club has no money to purchase players, buying new big name players is out of the picture. So, the little to no money left should be used to sign current new prospect or boost their chances of staying at the club, especially if they have been with the club throughout the lower grades and have shown promise and even more so, if combined with this that they are local juniors. Retention of these players with little to no money is tough at the best of time, but money is not the only thing that helps keeps good players at the club. Player friendships and bonds with each other is a major part but the biggest problems with retention currently at our club is harmony with the position that they hold within the club as alotted by the clubs selection committee, whoever they maybe (Dereks).

Whoever they maybe are only effecting the first grade side slightly, but are effecting the NSW Cup side in a major way. The word inside the camp is that players are at boiling point including possible walkouts from the club leaving us in even more of a hole with these players being the players that in many peoples eyes are the one that should be looked at as developing into first graders. I wont mention names but one current prop (not including G. Rose in this) was seen to be very disheartened by being moved from the position of starting prop to being this week moved to the bench. Shocking for a player being mentioned in future first grade. I'm not sure if it is attitude of this player as he does have a slight one, but I think the selection committees idea of a ROTATION POLICY is killing the club and it chance of retaining/keeping players. Another player who was missing out is said to have contacted management to gain a spot in the forward pack, keeping players who actually deserve an opportunity as they have been displaying form around several current first grade stars as DCE, K.Foz, JWH, Lama Tasi and many more for years. This player was also a previous capt of the Sea Eagles and also as stats displayed in the Rugby League Week states, he was last year regarded in the top 3 props in the U/20's comp mixing it with such top class young forwards as De Belin, Talomololo and other that I do not wish to attempt to spell (but there are more ie. Henry... easy one) but is even missing NSW Cup games let alone NRL. Are the selection committee just blind or are the also stupid like their idea of a rotation policy?? Cleal is said to be blamed of over signing of many unwanted Barry's, but he is not the current problem. The workings and especially team selection of the behind the seen management need to be majorly overhaul before we even start thinking about retention as harmony is paramount .

Bit hard to follow you timandtom but it sounds like a bundle of discontented rumours from the grapevine; which is what the grapevine is all about I guess.

As an outsider I can only trust in toovs and his team (ridiculous to be writing him off at this stage; and the injuries we've had go a fair way to explaining some of the defensive lapses), and that management is already thinking along the lines of susan's post about being strategic and thinking wholistically with the squad development/retention over the next couple of years as the older guys get to the twilight zone.

From what I've seen we got some good players coming through! We've sorted out DCE, and I would agree T-Rex is probably the next biggest priority. Hoping we can have a core group to go through the transition period and maintain success. A really good go forward big unit would always be good to pick up (but the trend seems to be more for the slightly smaller more mobile forwards with the replacement rules changing...)

People forget how ordinary Watmough and G Stewart we're for their first 50 games and King for his first 100.

Ian Martin tragic said:
Bit hard to follow you timandtom but it sounds like a bundle of discontented rumours from the grapevine; which is what the grapevine is all about I guess.

As an outsider I can only trust in toovs and his team (ridiculous to be writing him off at this stage; and the injuries we've had go a fair way to explaining some of the defensive lapses), and that management is already thinking along the lines of susan's post about being strategic and thinking wholistically with the squad development/retention over the next couple of years as the older guys get to the twilight zone.

From what I've seen we got some good players coming through! We've sorted out DCE, and I would agree T-Rex is probably the next biggest priority. Hoping we can have a core group to go through the transition period and maintain success. A really good go forward big unit would always be good to pick up (but the trend seems to be more for the slightly smaller more mobile forwards with the replacement rules changing...)

Guy the above reinforces why brother and sister should never be allowed to reproduce.

LOL@The sky is falling

We are the premiers!
Tooves has had no luck in the injury department and even worse in the suspension department

Matai and Gift injured off the bat followed by Tony getting outed by the MRC,Not to mention Lyon's injury

We have been lacking a bit of experience but will be better for it,i believe they'll be getting a few rockets this week and go off firing again

Toovey is the only bloke i can say has ever symbolised this club and i trust him and his old halves partner Cliff

Cambo said:
Ian Martin tragic said:

Guy the above reinforces why brother and sister should never be allowed to reproduce.

And you call me low Cambo? I cannot for the life of me see what is in that post to deserve someone being called an in-bred.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4