in form team vs us... hasler will have them very focused..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Had to laugh at Reynolds interview with the Telecrap he said first "He will go through all the same processes as usual. I think that is why he is so good because he doesn't get into any hype or anything like that.

"I am pretty sure we will rock up to training on Monday and he will be the same as he has been for the last seven weeks.

"He didn't talk about Manly or anything like that after the match (win against Parramatta).

And then said in the next line "He came in, spoke about the win, and told us to make sure we have our heads screwed on come Monday because we have a big week coming up."

Slight contradiction there alright.

The dogs will be cocky and confident and this game is the closest thing they've had to a Grand Final/must win game since the prelim final in 2009 (which they lost). I'm sure Hasler will try to keep a lid on their enthusiasm but the players will surely be convincing themselves of an easy win, particularly considering all the current circumstances.

However similar to the previous match, Manly weren't traveling too well and the dogs were confident of a win. Whether they simply weren't good enough on the night or choked under the pressure (I seem to remember they had a big win the week after).... they lost. If they can't win on Friday night with all the advantages they seem to have, their confidence and belief in their ability will take a massive hit. Bring on Friday.

i still believe we have the best side in the comp regardless... we are just missing that slight punch but id rather be missing that punch now and having it september..

im sure our boys will be ready no doubt!! i just hope we win i cant imagine losing to hasler and his team in brookvale... ( hoping & praying )

bulldogs have been playing their best without injuries ,suspensions or major origin duties and havent beaten a top 8 team whos at full strength.. just last week they just beat tigers without farrah & lote... i cant see the dogs winning the comp....

we havnt even clicked yet and still 3rd favourite to win the comp ( thats a sign of respect )... i just hope we start clicking sooner than later..

i have done the predictor ladder on nrl site.. even if we lose 5 out of the last 7 games we can still finish 8th.. i dont think we will lose 5/7 .

hope we spank the dogs !!!!

We only beat them by 2 points last time and their team has better players like Inu and Perritt now, they have also improved since then, we are going to get pumped. We need some direction on the field, we need processes in place so when a player is out injured ect, the next player comes in and knows their role. We need to work on some new set plays so we can mix up out attack as it has become stale and predictable. We also need to harden the hell up in defense. ALOT of work to do.

"we are going to get pumped"

Want to put something on that opinion ? Am sure we can come up with something

If Brett, Glenn and Matai are all back, I will be more confident of a win than I have been in any other game Manly has played this year.

We only beat them by 2 points last time and their team has better players like Inu and Perritt now, they have also improved since then, we are going to get pumped.

we did not have foran/trex..

i'm (in a strange way) kinda glad we got pumped last night.. hopefully make us more hungry for next week

torana355 said:
We only beat them by 2 points last time and their team has better players like Inu and Perritt now, they have also improved since then, we are going to get pumped. We need some direction on the field, we need processes in place so when a player is out injured ect, the next player comes in and
knows their role. We need to work on some new set plays so we can mix up out attack as it has become stale and predictable. We also need to harden the hell up in defense. ALOT of work to do.

I do agree the dogs have signed better playsand have improved throughout the season, and though we beat them by only 2, I believe we switched off after we got the 8 pt lead and we had trex and foran on the sidelines

Last nights result has put a lot more pressure on the dogs to win on Friday. They are on a 7 game winning streak and Manly have conceded 56 points in 120 mins of football. They're premiership favorites and riding high, if they don't win it will be a monumental choke.

Kiwi Eagle said:
"we are going to get pumped"

Want to put something on that opinion ? Am sure we can come up with something

Look, i don't want us to lose and i certainly don't want to place a bet on it. I just see a few issues with our attack and defense this year, meanwhile i see the Dogs getting better every game with Hasler timing their run to perfection. We have managed to lose to a large chunk of the bottom 8, this points to a serious attitude problem within the club imo.

All good

I'm really confident of a win tbh

The Dogs are playing well, but we are yet to see how many of their guys handle big game pressure, which I think will be another downfall of them in September

I'm not sure about Hasler having their run timed perfectly either tbh, still a long time to go in this comp

We haven't played well at times, but the best sides in the comp only have 2 extra wins on the board than us

bones said:
If Brett, Glenn and Matai are all back, I will be more confident of a win than I have been in any other game Manly has played this year.

If these 3 guys are back, our left and right attacking options will dramatically improve.

So will our defence. Hopefully we are at full strength and snake is 100%. Snakes defence far outweighs barbas, and snakes attacking is even better.

Kiwi Eagle said:
We haven't played well at times, but the best sides in the comp only have 2 extra wins on the board than us

That's the frustrating thing!!! We have the best roster in the comp by a fair way. We can beat any team if we go in with the right attitude and gameplan. The issue is we oily seem to do it against teams higher up the ladder. Imagine we played the bottom teams with the same passion we will play the Dogs with next weekend, we would be in the top 4 which will be very important this year.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8