• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whether or not we believe off field conduct / achievements should come in to it is irrelevant. That guidelines set for the panel are that only on field deeds are to be considered. While this will always lead to controversy, it's probably the best way to go. Johns admitted to drug use, but who knows what off field indiscretions any of the other nominees, or current immortals are guilty of that have never come to light. I think this article http://www.leaguefreak.com/andrew-ferguson-dennis-manteit-john-raper-and-the-man-in-the-bowler-hat-2702/ makes a very valid point. This incident has been laughed off as a colourful piece of league folklore, but imagined if it happened today. Also, 1968, England, certainly possible that more than alcohol was involved.

Norm Provan should **** it in easily. 11 GF wins in a row. 10 as a player and half as captain coach. Thats a record that will never be beaten.

But if Norm isn't going to win it then i don't see why they should have to split Johns and Meninga. Sure Johns had his problems off the field but as GE said, what about Meningas "what has RL ever done for me" line? Pure cockhead if you ask me.

John Raper was from all accounts no saint. Maybe we should go back and take his off him?

Why do we care about this 'gong'. Roy Masters gets to vote? What a cockhead. Stupid old man doing stupid things. As a prankster wrote on another thread, Johns should get it being an e-mortal.

Steve Menzies played for his State and Country was a one club player in the NRL and a grand final winner is an shinning example on and off the field he is a credit to the code in the UK and Australia he would get my vote.

You're spot on, Stevo. Norm Provan's playing stats alone should see him inducted as an immortal. Meninga was seriously overrated.

Foe mine Andrew Johns is by far the best footballer of the modern era .
Meninga - wouldnt have a big problem with him as such was certainly very very good but no in Johns class for mine.

Had to laugh though when I read Raper and Langlands wanted Johns excluded for the drug stuff....my lord these 2 must have Alzheimers....anybody who was around them in the 60's and 70's has dozens of tales about these 2, and any one of these stories ( not ilegal drugs ) which were hushed up by a compliant media at the time would have them all over the papers each week. Truly mind boggling hypocrisy.

I saw these two in action at the Bourbon and Beefsteak bar in the Cross one night (in the 70's), bevy of good looking much younger women in tow (and being gropped), pissed out of their brains...hardly a "good look" for two future immortals!!

Ffs Meninga was just a big centre that was hard to stop. You could have sent out a drone to do the same job. Joey was pure genius on the field and had the ability to influence a game, an ability that Meninga didn't posses. It's a no brainer really.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7