1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Glenn were to break contract with Souths

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by doc, Jul 24, 2014.

1. doc

doc Active Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 7
    If Matai is released then there'll be enough money to keep Gifty. He can then break his contract with Souths and stay after all. Wouldn't that be something?!

Sorry I'm confusing myself. Not sure what is fact or fiction. What role do the NRL have in this?

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    RE: Glen Stewart to break contract with Souths

He's not the type to break his word.

3. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14

sorry doc, but not a great title for the thread. The words 'could he', need to be in there somewhere.

4. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,357 / 111

No player should break contracts.

5. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10

I think there is a date up to which a NRL player can change his mind on a new contract for the next season but i can't remember what it was. Round 13? Unless Souths haven't registered it yet?

6. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    What about for coaches??? clubs??? managers????...it doesn't matter a fark, when it suits

7. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,633 / 113
    If you were Souths would you really want the Gift? He hasn't played most of this season. Seems his heart is still to be playing at the Eagles if there is any truth to players being pissed Glens not here next year. I would think Souths would want to run as far as they can.

8. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Souffs would try to keep him even if it only meant they got one over Manly. Other than that, barring injury they know they're getting a quality player with premiership winning experience (something lacking at Redfern these days), so I can't see them backing out of it.

Unfortunately they've signed Gift and the Round 13 deadline has passed. I can't see him breaking contract, even if it meant remaining at Manly where he could continue playing alongside Snake. And as I said, I can't see Souffs playing nice by letting him stay here (and that would also depend on whether Manly would offer him anything to stay. They didn't earlier this year and I can't see that changing).

Gifty will be gone at the end of this year, that's a fact. The more pressing issue is keeping the rest of the playing group together and playing as well as we know they can. And keeping them as happy as possible.

9. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    Their role is to force as many players out of Manly as possible because we have been too successful.

10. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    wussell phone chucker will be telling the Gift to quit NRL to become a monk or bible basher.

11. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    They could release Glenn on compassionate grounds.
    After all, he hasn't played one game for them yet.
    Come back Gifty and help fix our drama!

12. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Darryl Williams or Max Krilich to replace Todd Greenslime. That would bring an end to the anti Manly / anti Brookvale era.

13. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    I would also be a perfect choice. Play the female card to please the mummies and PR people. I have a completely objective view on all 16 clubs. Lol, double lol.
    Manly might not ever lose another game.;) Vote N"pops!

• Like Like x 1
  14. MadMarcus

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    I think your time would be better spent running for PM Nicipops. God knows that's the only way we will ever get any money for Brookie. If your first act as PM were a $500m grant to fix up Brookie it would ensure your popularity (on the northern beaches but everyone else would hate you ).

15. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    ok niccipops,you have my vote,lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Oh I dunno..... You were made a mod on thee forums and within a year Dan started charging us!!!!!!

Bad....bad precedent!

:p

:D:cool:

17. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    $500k wouldn't fix the toilets behind the hill. Make it 50 Million and Pops for PM is a goer!

18. MadMarcus

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    Typo - I meant $500m. Fixed now!

19. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    500 million Marcus?

Do you literally want an all-seat venue, with silver-lined chairs, ivory goal-posts and a retractable roof, mate??

We'll win a few more premierships before any significant funding is given. (Perhaps not even then).

But nicci for PM all the same.
    A Manly-friendly nation would be Utopia!

20. MadMarcus

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    If nicci is PM, yes I do. Any left over funds can go towards free beer for MWSE members until it runs out.

They can just take the funding from that other stuff they waste their money on like hospitals and schools.

We need to get our priorities right in this country.

• Like Like x 3