Idris tackle replicates Matai (v Souths)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff said:
Have people gone mad?
How can that even be contemplated as being high?

So you're just not allowed to put a hit on a Souffs or Bongos or any of the other protected species players at all. I wish the NRL would come out and list just who is in that category. Definitely those two entire teams. Are there individuals from other clubs or is it done purely on a club by club basis?

I was talking with a neighbour yesterday and we came up with this quote.

"If you aren't wearing maroon and white you're always in the right."

I've mentioned the 'angry vision' referees appear to have when watching Manly games. And I've alluded to the possibility of subconscious decision-making with refs growing up supporting say Parramatta and obviously hating Manly. Then they get their chance to referee Manly that must have a bearing on their decisions and the penalties they give or don't give.

eagle-rock08 said:
Duff said:
Have people gone mad?
How can that even be contemplated as being high?

So you're just not allowed to put a hit on a Souffs or Bongos or any of the other protected species players at all. I wish the NRL would come out and list just who is in that category. Definitely those two entire teams. Are there individuals from other clubs or is it done purely on a club by club basis?

I was talking with a neighbour yesterday and we came up with this quote.

"If you aren't wearing maroon and white you're always in the right."

I've mentioned the 'angry vision' referees appear to have when watching Manly games. And I've alluded to the possibility of subconscious decision-making with refs growing up supporting say Parramatta and obviously hating Manly. Then they get their chance to referee Manly that must have a bearing on their decisions and the penalties they give or don't give.

Refs don't grow up being a fan of any rugby leauge team. How else could they be so happy to destroy a great game. More than a penalty every 4 minutes is just bad to watch. Probably makes it fun to ref and be the man.

I get why they changed the shoulder charge rule, but the definition of the shoulder charge is ambiguous. They would have been better increasing the penalty for a shoulder charge gone wrong.

Spuds Bodyguard said:
I get why they changed the shoulder charge rule, but the definition of the shoulder charge is ambiguous. They would have been better increasing the penalty for a shoulder charge gone wrong.

way too sensible and not open enough to rubbish interpretations when it takes their fancy - this is why you are not an nrl ref or judiciary member

So Idris rightfully not cited.

What annoys me is that every hard hit is almost always now guaranteed to be a penalty. But when the review panel on Monday do nothing as the tackle was legal what happens to the referee? Nothing. So what we will see is coaches telling players not to tackle hard as we don't want to get penalised. RL is fast becoming unwatchable drivel.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2