Idris tackle replicates Matai (v Souths)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Check out the Idris hit on Wallace. Hit the shoulder & I'm not even sure it touches his head at all. See what happens with NRL review Monday.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/no-free-ride-for-titans/story-e6frep7o-1226645692432

Wasn't it jack reed that he collected from behind? Wallace did cop a few though the one from davey tailor was the worst.

Brissie Kid said:
Is that Reed he hits? Sorry. All Broncos look alike to me.

If it was the break down the left side I think so.
I did enjoy seeing the titans lose though. And Bris have some injuries now too.

I watched this game last night and it took me back a long way when heads were targets , something similar to manly vs west games when it was ok in the 1970s. If the video review do not suspend half the titans team it has become a joke and every player cited in future should use this game in their defense. Don't get me wrong there were some good boarder line hits but under to days rules what happened was unacceptable from professional players earning high dollars who have let their fans down by getting penalized that much, bet the coach gives some of them a swift kick in the bum for it, they need it.
manly forever we will rule come October 2013

looking at the kit by Idris on Reed in the link if it even gets a mention it is a joke. Hit him side on square on the shoulder in a great hit without any contact with the head.

I thought that the Titsns were hard done by with many of those penalties plainly rubbish. The refs this season are a joke, Suttor and Horsehead being the biggest jousters. It seems to me that there are clearly favored teams (us not being one of them). Broncs, Souths, and a few others.

Fluffy said:
looking at the kit by Idris on Reed in the link if it even gets a mention it is a joke. Hit him side on square on the shoulder in a great hit without any contact with the head.

Just on Foxsports News:
..international centre Jack Reed, who is facing four to six weeks on the sidelines with a fractured eye socket.

So there was contact :mad:

HappilyManly said:
Just on Foxsports News:
..international centre Jack Reed, who is facing four to six weeks on the sidelines with a fractured eye socket.

Who says it was that tackle? Maybe he did it when he hit the ground?

HappilyManly said:
Fluffy said:

Just on Foxsports News:

I'm pretty sure that he did that when tackling Jamal Idris..

I saw the sh1t out of that tackle and thought it was fine. I watched it that closely and intently...I may have fractured my eye socket.

Have people gone mad?
How can that even be contemplated as being high?

So you're just not allowed to put a hit on a Souffs or Bongos or any of the other protected species players at all. I wish the NRL would come out and list just who is in that category. Definitely those two entire teams. Are there individuals from other clubs or is it done purely on a club by club basis?

mozgrame said:
I saw the sh1t out of that tackle and thought it was fine. I watched it that closely and intently...I may have fractured my eye socket.

Maybe but how many weeks would Matai get for that hit?

you would hope none and we are no better than the wankers if we call for anything more than none. It was a good hit on the shoulder and nothing more.

Tagatese wiped out McCrone with a beauty today. Doubt he'll be playing next week.

Towards the end of Knights v Dogs, Kasiano hit Snowden with a shoulder charge, he ended up dropping the ball in the tackle. No-one said a word. Unless I am just seeing things, the shoulder charge rule is the most inconsistently-applied rule I have ever seen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4