1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hope Hoppa Jnr has a get-out clause

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Apr 29, 2012.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    This is what Hoppa Jrn is reported to have said: "Definitely the club is in a building phase so I wouldn't say to panic too much at the moment," Will said in a statement released by the Eels before the match.
    "Steve (Kearney) and the coaching staff know what they're doing and they are planning for the future.
    "The mentality Steve has and what he's shown me as the guideline for the club has really caught my attention, and is something I'm really looking forward to........"

I'm sure this is just ' spin'. Kearney won't be there by the time Hoppa Jrn joins Parra - but if he think so highly of this bloke then for his sake I hope he has a Hassler-like get-out clause. Having to play for a rabble like Parra will really test Hoppa's beliefs.

2. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I think Hoppa will boost their team massively, if Sandow, Hayne and Hoppa get some combinations going it could be dangerous.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    That 'rabble' scored about 30 points in the last 15 minutes.

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    The tigers had clocked off. I can't believe the one team to have lost to the Eels were us - especially after we took the lead. Spoon heading their way in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    I felt sorry for Ben Roberts. I tried to think of a word to decribe his passing game today, all I can come up with is 'ludicrous'.

Is Kearney the mastermind who snared 2 gun halves to rebuild the Eels? Oh well, these things are sometimes hard to predict, I suppose.

6. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    at 800k you can say whatever you want. As if you won't say anything negative on that dough.

7. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Get out of what? his eels contract or his 2 year mission? Very unlikely kearney will be there then. 2 yrs for a club in major transition, with 2 decades of ineptitude and poor results, with the sandow investment looking like a millstone around their necks....

nothing against sandow but with ben roberts there I would have been going more for a steady, reliable, no nonsense, good defender and kicking game kind of half. anyway, it's the eels so they can pay me by the hr for the advice and/or eat my shorts in the meantime.

8. 1947

1947 Active Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    That is ridiculous money!

9. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Ian, you mean someone like Jeff Robson?

10. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    The thing is if Kearney gets punted who are they going to get??
    Except for Ricky Stuart there are no real decent coaches out there. It ready at clubs. Sacking Kearney would end any chance of bellyache going there.

That leaves
    Jason Taylor - been there done that
    Steve folkes
    Nathan brown
    Matt Elliot
    Royce Simmons
    Ivan Henjak
    Peter Sharp ( get this he is cronulla's defensive coach I couldn't believe that)

Not much of a choice after Stuart.

11. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Add David Furner to that list he will be looking a job real soon.

Neil Henry will be another on that list before June 30.

12. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I think Matt Elliot is a decent coach. You also have to give the Sharks coach some credit, now that he has a half decent team he is doing a superb job imo.

13. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    I think they should stick with kearney, but will they?

re halves, jeff robson, similar but someone better along that style, like hodko. they've also go hayne's unpredictability, so too much really unless they're envisaging regularising that chuck the ball round no matter what style they had when they went on the run to the gf; hard to systematise that though.

anyway, enough on the eels. here's hoping for a few more decades of misery for them, to equalise for my unpleasant early years of the 1980s...

14. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,549 / 32
    This is Parramatta we're talking about. My money's on big Hoppa.

15. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Parra should make a play for an old head like John Lang.

16. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Hopoate didn't go to Parramatta for the coach. So long as that money hits his account every month, no out clause will be required.

17. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    Hoppa must be filthy about his Parra contract.

If Parra are paying Sandow $500K/year surely Hoppa is worth $1.5m/year? He is 3 x the player Sandow is.

18. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Hoppa will be back at the eagles to replace snake when he retires.

19. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,352 / 111
    Hayne is on over 500 pa sandow 550 and hoppa will be on 800. No wonder snake was asking for 600

20. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    This wouldn't surprise me at all.