I hope Hoppa Jnr has a get-out clause

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope he spends his days as "fat and shiney" at Wentworthville.

At least he wont be alone.

Since Jeff Robson was promoted to first grade with the Sharks they have won six in a row! How Parra must regret their decision to punt him for the 'Half Million Dollar Man from Wentworthville"

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
That mob couldn't run a chook raffle at the moment...I can never understand why they punted Daniel Anderson so quickly, there willing to give Kearney all the time he wants....I still think Anderson has a bit to offer the right club.

The Who said:
Since Jeff Robson was promoted to first grade with the Sharks they have won six in a row! How Parra must regret their decision to punt him for the 'Half Million Dollar Man from Wentworthville"

Yeah but for Jeff Robson to be effective you need a decent 5/8, something Parra don't have. The sharks have a very well balanced side this year, they will make the top 8 easily and perhaps even the top 4.

torana355 said:
The Who said:

Yeah but for Jeff Robson to be effective you need a decent 5/8, something Parra don't have. The sharks have a very well balanced side this year, they will make the top 8 easily and perhaps even the top 4.

Its not the 5/8th with makes Robson effective. Its the go forward they are getting from their pack lead by Gallen. It allows Robson and Carney to play off the front foot and have plenty of time to make decisions. Robson isn't brilliant, but what he's doing is smart. Just making the good plays. Well done to him.

Masked Eagle said:
torana355 said:
The Who said:

Its not the 5/8th with makes Robson effective. Its the go forward they are getting from their pack lead by Gallen. It allows Robson and Carney to play off the front foot and have plenty of time to make decisions. Robson isn't brilliant, but what he's doing is smart. Just making the good plays. Well done to him.

Nah Sharks have always had good go forward, they were missing that spark in the half's that Carney provides, he killed it in the first half against Canberra. Im not sure why but its good to see the Sharks doing well, am i crazy?

I hope he signs with Parra for 15 years,it would be justice
after the lies he told just after the grand final,how he'd never
leave us

torana355 said:
Nah Sharks have always had good go forward, they were missing that spark in the half's that Carney provides, he killed it in the first half against Canberra. Im not sure why but its good to see the Sharks doing well, am i crazy?
No they are the ideal team to see doing well. We can't hate them as they have never won anything before, and (as we know) they may get close but are not a realistic chance of winning this year. So, the more other teams they beat, the better.

For some reason they remind me slightly of Manly circa 2007.

Hoppa will be the highest paid player parra have and there will be massive expectations on him and quite rightly so. He will need to understand that nothing in life is free. I think he is in for a really tough time at parra but it was his choice to follow the money and he is going to have to live with that. If he went on the advice from others such as his dad or manager then he can blame them when he cops it.
I would rather keep Gutherson for when Brett retires than have hoppa back.
I reckon if he was still with Manly he would be the first one to jump ship and go with des. He always seemed like a nice grounded young guy but after his comment about wishing he had known des was going because he would have made a different choice and not gone to parra, he lost me then. Limited sympathy for the guy.

manlyfan. said:
That mob couldn't run a chook raffle at the moment...I can never understand why they punted Daniel Anderson so quickly, there willing to give Kearney all the time he wants....I still think Anderson has a bit to offer the right club.

I know, what a joke of a club

The Who said:
This is what Hoppa Jrn is reported to have said: "Definitely the club is in a building phase so I wouldn't say to panic too much at the moment," Will said in a statement released by the Eels before the match.
"Steve (Kearney) and the coaching staff know what they're doing and they are planning for the future.
"The mentality Steve has and what he's shown me as the guideline for the club has really caught my attention, and is something I'm really looking forward to........"

I'm sure this is just ' spin'. Kearney won't be there by the time Hoppa Jrn joins Parra - but if he think so highly of this bloke then for his sake I hope he has a Hassler-like get-out clause. Having to play for a rabble like Parra will really test Hoppa's beliefs.

It also tests my beliefs!!

I would have Hoppa back for the right price, he is all class on the field. Would not give him 800k a year though.

Robson has done well for himself after leaving us, he has made a GF with Parra and is having a good year in 1st grade with the Sharks, much more than i ever thought he was capable of.

The Eagle said:
I hope he signs with Parra for 15 years,it would be justice
after the lies he told just after the grand final,how he'd never
leave us

I would be quite happy for them to get the spoon his 1st year with the club.

Would of been happy for the guy of it wasn't for the lies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6