1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Lowe can you go!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Jerry1, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    It's one thing robbing paid up members of their advertised & published benefits but threatening to leave Brookie - that takes the bicky.

Not happy - Very Lowe.

2. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    They won't from brookie

3. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    I know - but it's like the Tahu thing - some things should never be said even though they don't mean them.

4. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    I'm shocked....no response from Ryan?

To answer Jerry's question, Lowe has been practising the limbo for a while now so you'd expect him to be good at it.

BTW, how many new members has the deal with Maori TV brought Manly? I would be interested to know. What about merchandise sales as a result of the deal?  

5. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,486 / 42
    I'm hearing ya WAMF....single digits...if that?

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Whilst I can certainly understand your frustration with Lowe at times, can I suggest, it may be best to take your concerns up with the club itself?

7. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    What negative impact has the Maori TV deal had on the Manly Club ?

8. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    [/quote]

More Kiwi's, nuff said hahaaha

9. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    [/quote]

More Kiwi's, nuff said hahaaha
    [/quote]

Careful, or I will have a word to Galuvao and Matai to see if they can give you a visit

10. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    oooooh,  OK - This seems strangely familiar.

Been there done that - got the get stuffed lets ban everyone - hold on we can't do that - lets close the forum.

I understand commercial concerns & opportunities that you have here but I'm afraid I may be a short lived member as when a bagging is needed it's needed.

I don't do it that often but!

Sorry.    

11. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    There will be no mass bannings here, and the forums are to stay open for the long foreseeable future, I would never get over the withdrawel symptoms :)

12. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    With the Sea Eagles being a private entity they would not divulge this info to the public and would be likely to be told to piss off.
    It was more a hypothetical Dan.
    Just like it's hypothetical that Foran might have been signed (put pen to paper) in the time it took said ceo, to travel to NZ and Papua New Guinea  ect. Don't forget, by his own admittance, our sunshine coast SE had also been neglected.

13. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    [/quote]
    Hi Kiwi, probably none but I'm more interested in the positive results that have or haven't come from what would have been considerable expense to travel over and promote the relationship.
    I just remember the club making out that it was the biggest news since sliced bread but have heard nothing about it since?

14. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    ;)

all good guys all good

15. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Surely you're not talking about Lowe  ;D

16. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    [/quote]
    Hi Kiwi, probably none but I'm more interested in the positive results that have or haven't come from what would have been considerable expense to travel over and promote the relationship.
    I just remember the club making out that it was the biggest news since sliced bread but have heard nothing about it since?
    [/quote]

TBH, I think the bigger idea involved in getting Manly on free to air tv over here is to have something extra to offer sponsors when they come to ask what we have to offer, members would be a secondary benefit I think

17. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

TBH, I think the bigger idea involved in getting Manly on free to air tv over here is to have something extra to offer sponsors when they come to ask what we have to offer, members would be a secondary benefit I think
    [/quote]

It's all about the exposure, how many other clubs (St George excepted) can say they are on free to air every week.

18. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

It's all about the exposure, how many other clubs (St George excepted) can say they are on free to air every week.
    [/quote]

What like Brisbane?

19. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    The exposure matters most in Australia.
    Why didn't the Sea Eagles do a deal with community TV stations in each state?
    What's next, Zulu tv in Africa?

20. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    If it costs nothing why not.

- On the brookie issue, Lowe can't move us anywhere, the single casting vote by the Football Club has power over where we play and the colors we play in.