How has this year affected you as a fan?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
It is seasons like this one that sorts out the fair weather fans from the loyal and fair dinkum ones, the crowd was really poor last night!! I attended the game and the whole atmosphere was flat and the game not that clever, I have seen enough over the years to understand that you will not always have a good side to watch and right now we are behind the 8 ball in relation to injuries, confidence, leadership, and accountability!! Stick with the team, things will improve and the current situation will force inevitable change and young and exciting new players will get their chance to shine.
Pretty poor assumption.
I have attended the previous 2 games with the family inexplicably costing alot of money and am livid at the performances of quite a few players and coach.
If trent wants the best for the club he should start by picking the best available players to get the fans results.
If players are too precious tell them to grow up.
Simple

I have seen the very best teams since the late 50,s,and I can wait for the next best team,i hope i live that long.

Last edited:
I am disappointed with how everything is going this season, and do admit to throwing a tantrum in my lounge room at game time when losing. Manly and my Manly Family mean so much to me, but i have to remember there is a life after 80mins of football. As for the owners, and I do like Scott, I'm just not sure what would happen if they just up and walked away, where would that leave us. Trent I'm still prepared to give him time, with a full squad with no injuries. DCE, well I love the guy. I know most won't agree with me. We will get through this and I'll keep watching and supporting week after week.

before the superleague fiasco i liked watching manly play, happy when they won but not bothered if they lost. then manly merged with norths and while it wasn't pleasant to watch i became more involved in supporting the team & began to 'feel' every loss.i find that times like those will help us appreciate the good times so much more.
2008 will remain my favourite season for a very long time because i remember those bad days proir, hopefully in a few years time we can enjoy another year like it

If our best 17 were being picked every week and trying their guys out, then I'd be ok with this.

The thing that pisses me off is that Barrett keeps picking underperforming players.

Ill be checking the score on the NRL app after the game and wont be watching it for the first time in 15 years. Trent is full of excuses he still has the cattle on the field if they actually check their salaries they dont have too many blokes on miniumum wages. Yes the team is young and that has allot to do with poor management. Its like we have signed so many on talent and yet they cannot deliver at least now. I look back to the bad old days and I can name quite a few players that played for us that were nowhere near a NSW or Queensland development side or NZ Player. EG Gary Winter. I mean even Lewis Brown has the bragging rights to international and I am sure he is on HUGE money. Time for a clean out and god help us in 2018.

Last edited:
I can put up with most things except Manly getting the wooden spoon. Has never happened & I don't ever want to see it.

Being a Manly fan seems to have less buzz the more non arvo Brookie games there are. Just isn't the same as a sunny Sunday arvo Brookie win, seeking it in the Monday morning newspaper, all ruined now thanks to NRL & tv.

Speaking of which, even though we had a great season in 2013 (robbed), I reckon I can pin the day being a Manly fan really changed. It was the day after the 2011 grand final win. What should have been a great day and weeks over summer. Instead the morning after grand final that was the day it ruined the post grand final euphoria. It's been a crappy roller coaster ride most of the time ever since.

No sleepless nights over Hasler, says Greenberg
By AAP, 15 Nov 2011

“This is professional sport, this is business. I think this is the way the game works.
“We’re in a competitive marketplace for players and staff.
“The door was slightly open and we took full opportunity and the end result is Des is now coaching the Bulldogs.”
https://www.theroar.com.au/2011/11/15/no-sleepless-nights-over-hasler-says-greenberg/

Last edited:
As a young fan I am gutted at what this once great club has become. I grew up watching a stable club with minimal distractions and just enjoying the club and the culture, the success. Now I believe I have lost the passion I once had for the club. I know this because when I watch us I feel no excitement heading into a game or after a win as I know the success will be short lived. Watching manly was fun and a treat, I rode the highs and lows during a game, I felt nerves and passion. Now all I feel is nothing, the club is a mess and I find myself supporting our players instead of the club. Bring back Manly!

As a young fan I am gutted at what this once great club has become. I grew up watching a stable club with minimal distractions and just enjoying the club and the culture, the success. Now I believe I have lost the passion I once had for the club. I know this because when I watch us I feel no excitement heading into a game or after a win as I know the success will be short lived. Watching manly was fun and a treat, I rode the highs and lows during a game, I felt nerves and passion. Now all I feel is nothing, the club is a mess and I find myself supporting our players instead of the club. Bring back Manly!
It's pretty bad at the moment mate but back in the Northern Eagles days we didn't even have Manly. Love your passion and posts, keep your chin up and don't let the bastards grind you down, we've seen worse.

I can put up with most things except Manly getting the wooden spoon. Has never happened & I don't ever want to see it.

Being a Manly fan seems to have less buzz the more non arvo Brookie games there are. Just isn't the same as a sunny Sunday arvo Brookie win, seeking it in the Monday morning newspaper, all ruined now thanks to NRL & tv.

Speaking of which, even though we had a great season in 2013 (robbed), I reckon I can pin the day being a Manly fan really changed. It was the day after the 2011 grand final win. What should have been a great day and weeks over summer. Instead the morning after grand final that was the day it ruined the post grand final euphoria. It's been a crappy roller coaster ride most of the time ever since.

No sleepless nights over Hasler, says Greenberg
By AAP, 15 Nov 2011

“This is professional sport, this is business. I think this is the way the game works.
“We’re in a competitive marketplace for players and staff.
“The door was slightly open and we took full opportunity and the end result is Des is now coaching the Bulldogs.”
https://www.theroar.com.au/2011/11/15/no-sleepless-nights-over-hasler-says-greenberg/

Agreed re the start date of when things changed as a Manly fan.
Des's manner and timing of leaving the club was a real stab in the heart, that frankly, for most of us, still hasn't healed.

Think I’m going to follow AFL. Obvious the NRL are doing everything imaginable to destroy the Manly football club. Hard to understand with no NRL club on the from north Sydney to the Gold Coast. I guess Greenberg is obsessed. Please explain the constant investigations of Manly while other clubs do what ever they which.

I am disappointed with how everything is going this season, and do admit to throwing a tantrum in my lounge room at game time when losing. Manly and my Manly Family mean so much to me, but i have to remember there is a life after 80mins of football. As for the owners, and I do like Scott, I'm just not sure what would happen if they just up and walked away, where would that leave us. Trent I'm still prepared to give him time, with a full squad with no injuries. DCE, well I love the guy. I know most won't agree with me. We will get through this and I'll keep watching and supporting week after week.
I agree with you except for Barrett. He is no longer a rookie and makes very poor decisions.

Manly til I die so there's no real change.

Even in the bad years - which this is frankly looking like - there's always something good to hang on to. At least we thrashed Parramatta to 0!! Kind of made everything worth while.

What we lack most of all just now is that thing called Luck.

This team won’t lose every game this year from here on, guaranteed!!

Losing and never being able to sing the “ we are the Manly boys” song again just won’t happen.

We will surprise everyone by winning a game we were expected to be thrashed in and the confidence will return.

I know we are missing a heap of players but what we are missing most of all isn’t a capable coach it’s the confidence to back each other during the game.

That will return, and so will we!!

This is the third year of disappointment, to be honest & probably the worst. When the Club changed hands, I thought great new people = new ideas. But unfortunately we seemed to have lost our culture, the board room was always a basket case but the coaching staff & team were solid. So to be happy with a couple of shock value wins doesn’t work for me. Manly was a powerhouse & envied (hated) now just pitied.

Pretty disheartened at the moment, nothing seems to be going right for us, but like that treacherous woman you know is no good for you & who you just know is going to take you to the cleaners, I just can't resist.

Things will come good again, I don't know when, but I'll still be onboard when they do & be cheering again.

Last edited:
Think I’m going to follow AFL. Obvious the NRL are doing everything imaginable to destroy the Manly football club. Hard to understand with no NRL club on the from north Sydney to the Gold Coast. I guess Greenberg is obsessed. Please explain the constant investigations of Manly while other clubs do what ever they which.
I don’t rate Newcastle as a real club either.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10