How has this year affected you as a fan?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mitch

Bencher
I’ve got to say as a supporter I can’t think of any time that has exceeded the toughness of this season thus far.

As a fan passion can be the most wonderful thing when your team is going well but when absolutely nothing is going right, it can leave you in a hole - and not just during the 80 minutes.

The season so far has been a nightmare (apart from the 54-0 victory over Parra). It certainly has an affect on me personally, with my mood pretty low for the few days after a loss.

But unfortunately this year with everything else going on off field and the team not able to get out of this rut on field, my passion is keeping me down a whole lot longer. I’d love to get an idea of how this year has affected everyone else (potentially in the hope that it is isn’t just me that is feeling this way!).

Agree with Terry and Narly - the last month has been tough but when the wins start again they will be so much sweeter.

With the players we have and constraints in place it might not be this year or next but they will come.

Hang in there the club and the players need us more than ever

At times of major Manly disappointment I tend to distance myself emotionally from the teams fortunes. Simply a self-preservation instinct I expect. It’s all very well to enjoy reflected glory of the side’s many triumphs, but I for one can’t afford to be dragged down by the lows.

At times of major Manly disappointment I tend to distance myself emotionally from the teams fortunes. Simply a self-preservation instinct I expect. It’s all very well to enjoy reflected glory of the side’s many triumphs, but I for one can’t afford to be dragged down by the lows.

I wish I was able to distance myself emotionally during this period mate, I envy you!

Under the circumstances last nights performance was quite solid.

Im concerned about the surface at brookie though. Gee there are a lot of ACL's done on that ground.

I dont like the direction we are going in, the owners of the club, the culture seems crap, while there's good players in the team I dont like the way they carry themselves, I find it hard to imagine supporting a team with dce in it for the next 7 years, even if his form improves somewhere down the track that deals really going to hurt us.

Then there's the coaching and poor team selections.

The salary cap mess

It's a tough team to get behind.

If we jag a spoon the year it will be looked upon as a seaeagles club in turmoil, Salary cap, Gladstone, injuries. Id say every club would be going through the same as us if reversed. Id be more upset if we were languishing near the bottom with a full side , no injuries or drama . Dissapointment is how i feel .

It's very tough to take at moment especially when other things in life aren't going so well. Manly has been a large part of my life and on top of other stuff , doing it tough.

Hang in there Mick. It’s amazing how passion for a sporting team can affect you as a person, especially in rough times such as what we’re going through at the moment.

I hope things turn for you mate.

I never expected anything other than a bottom 4-6 finish. I don't mind getting beaten it's part of life.

Our roster was crap before a ball was kicked off. The reasons

loss of Green

still paying Myles

I knew Crocker would take a year or two, if he was ever gonna make it.

Not being able to buy players because we cheated the cap.

The worst three quarter line I can remember starting the season. But I was happy with our pack.

Always been a question mark over Barrett.

I must add I get some happiness out of every loss, my hate for Penn is strong. In hindsight I wish the club died before he got his useless mitts on it. He hasn't done a thing other than ensure we get moved to Perth or Gosford and lose our identity. Of course he will be the big winner from this.

I love my footy, and of course my chosen team but having been a fan since 1963 ( although in reality only really hooked as a teenager in 1973) I’ve seen many ups and many downs.

Given what I’ve personally been through ( and now the ramifications of that) losing a few footy games isn’t the end of the world, so I’m not as emotionally invested as many here seem to be!

I laugh at times on here with the “ Sack Barrett”, “ send Cherry to the ESL” , “ the sky is falling in” threads.

Changing the coach won’t do a thing, stick Des Hasler in for the rest of the year would achieve ZERO, face the facts, we currently have a VERY ordinary set of players.

We have a Star half Back who couldn’t organise the building of a brick ****house and we have two star juniors who are both still very young and learning their trade.

We then have a bunch of journeymen filling in a few spots and a number of talented but limited in experience juniors.

Nearly every other side has a much better roster , I think only the Roosters ( without Dogboy) and the Tigers ( who lets face it are surprising everyone), this is our primary issue!!

Will that change in the near future, probably not, we will have to bank on picking up / bringing through a few young ones and if the funds allow buy a couple of key position players who aren’t journeymen.

As @The Wheel says the down times make the good times even sweeter, and they’ll come again.

We’ll be back, you’ll feel better again so just treat it like it really is until then.

A game of football!!

I’ve got to say as a supporter I can’t think of any time that has exceeded the toughness of this season thus far.

As a fan passion can be the most wonderful thing when your team is going well but when absolutely nothing is going right, it can leave you in a hole - and not just during the 80 minutes.

The season so far has been a nightmare (apart from the 54-0 victory over Parra). It certainly has an affect on me personally, with my mood pretty low for the few days after a loss.

But unfortunately this year with everything else going on off field and the team not able to get out of this rut on field, my passion is keeping me down a whole lot longer. I’d love to get an idea of how this year has affected everyone else (potentially in the hope that it is isn’t just me that is feeling this way!).
2016 was this very same scenario.
No established 5/8 and players dropping like flies with injuries :cool:

Would love the Club to detail why they let Bozo loose on recruitment.

Turns out that his methods were not NRL compliant and the Board never carried out their oversight duties :wondering:

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned

I tell u how I'm affected...normally I would be leaving work early to rush home to watch us play the 6pm Friday game. Last night I was mehhh...very close to just stopping off at my local and knocking back a few schooners instead. It was the $200 I'd probably let fly into the pokies that persuaded me to shuffle home instead lol

Life goes on i suppose things turn around. Not feeling down but fairly angry mess of cap and squad management.
We need to blood tom wright given his talent i be happy about that. Nothing personal by trent needs to go.
I watch wwe, bit of superleague and nfl follow dolphins used to failure there.
Its just a game where not in war torn syria here

As I said in another thread, given the way that scumbag, Greenturd, has been running the game, I have found myself disengaging from footy over the last 18 months.

I still HATE seeing Manly lose and the club in such turmoil. But it does jot upset me anywhere near as much as it once would have.

Finding it really hard to invest too much effort and emotion into a sport I see dying at the hands of a corrupt, incompetent douchebag.

Interesting how the success of the footy team relates to adversity in life. For some, like Mark, the adversity far outweighs any effect the team
could have. Makes complete sense.
But for others, me included, when life is really rubbish, the footy team gives me that little bit of joy that can't be found elsewhere - apart from dogs, dogs can be always relied on.
Seems I'll be snuggling with my beagle until the Penn's sell.

Last edited:
Very very disappointed on a number of levels. Life goes on but it’s a long season when your side is not just loosing but crumbling from within. If you keep doing the same old things over and over again with negative results nothing changes until you do things differently. I wish I didn’t but I’m feeling the pain watching this happen to my Eagles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11