Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hey Guys

Well that is so much better.

$800k for a 19 year old with dodgy hammys and who won't play for the next 2 years and a 16 year old whose claim to fame is planking on top of manly wharf (for which he should have been charged for trespassing) sounds like money well spent.

They say Jamile takes after his father and word is that hindmarsh will announce his retirement shortly rather than have to make sure his pants are up over his crack.

The Wheel said:
Hey Parramatta eel - guess what you have won a trophy since 1986 and you won't be winning another one anytime soon.

Byee=)

i never said we were to win a premiership anytime soon and for some reason you think i did.

As for Hoppa i like the kid his sure got talent but as many are saying will he be the same in 2 years, this means 2 years away from the game.

Why would you guys want a player who follows the money on your side anyway? i surely wont but if his willing to play who cares

Eels maybe not 2012 but 2013 here we come

Does Jamil Hoppa get paid from next season, as a 16-year-old, or does he too have to wait until 2014? How much are they paying Jimil? $200,000?

It just seems such a dumb deal from Parra's perspective. But if they want to waste money and let their under-rewarded juniors go then more fool them.

The Who said:
Does Jamil Hoppa get paid from next season, as a 16-year-old, or does he too have to wait until 2014? How much are they paying Jimil? $200,000?

It just seems such a dumb deal from Parra's perspective. But if they want to waste money and let their under-rewarded juniors go then more fool them.

Kind of agree. Jamil is a young kid and i don't know what his deal is, Ozzie (CEO) did not go into detail on prices we paid for them. But i think is ridiculous to sign a kid for a large sum of money, maybe it was a cheap shot to lure the both in but you guys have to accept it like we accept Manly bought some of our Juniors.

RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

But it's fun to bag Parra. They are such a freakin joke how could you not bag Parra. It's every Manly supporters god given right to bag Parra. In fact I'm not sure you could be a true Manly supporter if you didn't bag the crap out of Parra. They are Westie scum, the mortal enemy. Every season they finish out the finals is like an added bonus. I sat there at the 1982/83 grand finals getting the **** bagged out of me from Parra scum supporters so I will never ever let up on them while we dominate over them.

RE: leave the hoppas alone

Has anyone considered that, in part, Hoppa may have withheld disclosure about signing elsewhere due to concerns he might have been left out of the GF ?

Probably a long bow but possible.

Jamil will essentally be taking most if not all of the second tier cap. Oh look guys its about time the eels got one back at us. Over the last 5 to 10 years we have pinched plenty. Its how it goes

They got cannings off us and now the hoppas.

Hows our record at pinching theirs

Heckenberg
dunley
Donald
Vaelekei
Afamasanga
lyon
williams
williams
hodkinson
bhurer, and probably plenty more

jbb/james said:
What this has to do with beaver i just dont get Tookey. Every player and ever situation is different. Beaver was loyal and is treated accordingly but that is a rareity

You stated "If personally you would prefer to play for a paticular club rather than stabilise your whole family unit then you are a goose".

Manly offered him $500k a year which would hardly leave his family destitute. The majority of people in Australia live on far less than that a year.

It is well known that Beaver knocked back much bigger contracts than Manly could offer him during his career. I think the tigers were one and possibly Parramatta who offered him big sums to leave Manly and it cost him a lot of money to stay at Manly.

But that shows the type of person Beaver is compared to Hopoate. Life is more than just money and it seems that his church hasn't instilled these values in him.

ParramattaEel said:
Well Done on winning the premiership! Congrats

Was hopping warriors won but that's just me but got to admit was on of the best GF ever.

Now just to say Hoppa's dad is not on our coaching staff thats 1

number 2 his deal wasnot 800K alone as we lured his brother Jamil (as well from you guys) and the both combined are 800K

Okay Byee =)

Mate you guys are carrying on about signing a couple of players as if uv won the comp. I suppose that's bout as good as it gets out parra way.

Its funny how the members on here say they don't care about the signing yet every second post is actually about this topic. I say let it go, most of you guys are saying his awful yet you commenting on how the eels signed him.

That only proves you guys are all worked up about it, let it go. After all he will be away from the game for 2 years.

The big difference is that the players we bought off Parra have got premiership rings.....

Its not about going.
Its not about taking a so-called better opportunity.
Its not about a 2 year mission.
Its the deception that dissapoints.

I would have loved Will to stay with Manly - on reasonable terms - but his signing with Parra comes with some massive risks for them:

1. He is not a superstar yet and there is no guarantee he will become one. Many players have great first years and then fade into obscurity (D Mortimer anyone?)

2. This risk will be heightened for Will as he is taking 2 years out of the game at a crucial stage in his development.

3. He has already experienced the highs of winning a premiership. You have to wonder how he will cope mentally playing at a club that is not realistically a contender.

4. How much money will promising Parra juniors coming through the ranks be expecting? And if Parra doesn't come up with the cash will they stick around and play alongside the overpaid W Hoppa?

5. Even after the deal was done he was saying that he loves Manly and would love to come back and play for Manly. A lot here have taken offense at that - and that's understandable, he did mislead us - but the scary thing for Parra is that I think he meant it.

No matter how you slice and dice it, Parra have paid overs and I'm glad Manly didn't get into a bidding war with them. If we paid Will that much how much would Foran and DCE have expected? It would have torn our great side apart.

Personally I wish Will all the best and I can't really blame him if Parra threw that much cash at him. He probably knows himself that he isn't worth that much and he would have been crazy to turn it down.

Yes, it is a disappointment that we are losing him. He is a local junior and a very talented player. But at the price Parra are paying, I'd rather be in our shoes than theirs.

RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

The Who said:
Why bag Parra?

Simply because this is just such a ridiculous deal for them, especially when you see all the terrific ex-Parra players staring in other teams because Parra didn't have the nous to retain them. Yet they spend $850,000 on an outside back who can't even play for them for two years.

How much do you think Hayne will want when his contract expires?

Parra's incompetence is laughable. Parra should be very competitive each season with their massive junior nursery, yet there is something seriously wrong with their culture.
Who gives a ****, that's their problem. Hoppa is gone end of story.

mickqld said:
But it's fun to bag Parra. They are such a freakin joke how could you not bag Parra. It's every Manly supporters god given right to bag Parra. In fact I'm not sure you could be a true Manly supporter if you didn't bag the crap out of Parra. They are Westie scum, the mortal enemy. Every season they finish out the finals is like an added bonus. I sat there at the 1982/83 grand finals getting the s**t bagged out of me from Parra scum supporters so I will never ever let up on them while we dominate over them.

I bag them aswell but not on the issue that they've signed Hoppa. They got one back on us, suck it up people and move on.

I wish people would stop jumping on opposition fans and discuss things with the maturely I am sick of people ragging on others simply because they support another team. Grow up and discuss it with him properly.

ParrEels. There are a lot here who feel completely lied to and cheated by Hoppa, but its just football, and whilst it does suck to lose a young player of that talent, particularly when Manly has been good at keeping them. The reality is we had lost Hoppa anyway, and over the next two years we will well and truly get used to life without him.

Such is the world of football

We accept that he's gone. I can't believe that Parra is paying so much, but that will only weaken the eels when they lose players.
What I think we are really surprised about is that he's going to such a terrible club.
We'd be concerned if he was going to a strong one.

And Being coached by 1 of the greatest coaches in the modern era to Who will be your coach in 2014

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8