Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
RE: Have you heard why Hoppa moved to Parra?

Moondog said:
The Who said:
Because, according to the Telecrap, "of his desire to play under coach Steve Kearney". That apparently sealed the deal.

P L E A S E. Parra if you are going to make up lies at least try to make them credible.

There wouldn't be a RL player in the world who would chose to play under Kearney - already a proven failure at Parra - than Des.

By the time he actually plays for Parramatta Kearney will most likely have been sacked.

It would be a miracle if he hasn't been sacked by then! Hopefully Hoppa has a get out clause if Kearney leaves (would Parra be dumb enough to agree to that... probably) and when he comes back from his mission he can get out of his contract (after being paid for 2 years for doing nothing) and come home.

RE: leave the hoppas alone

You are calling players like beaver a goose as he stayed at manly rather than spend his career chasing the dollars.

What has pissed most people off is the fact that he stated for months that he would be coming back to play for manly while all along he knew that he was going to Parra as the deal was done months ago.

He should have waited a month to announce that he was leaving because instead of the players and fans being able to enjoy the GF win it is now all about him leaving.

Ad he had no say in the decision - it was made for him by his father and the church. why do you think Folau went to AFL - because the church gets a bigger cut from his salary which was more than the NRL club could pay

They are as obvious as we were with the Bears and we know how that worked out

The main thing is as Tookey has stated. Hoppa jr had indicated that he'd be coming back to Manly when he knew he wasn't. That's the disappointing aspect of the whole situation.

swoop said:
The main thing is as Tookey has stated. Hoppa jr had indicated that he'd be coming back to Manly when he knew he wasn't. That's the disappointing aspect of the whole situation.

This, filthy lying parrasite

I can handle leavers,i despise liars

I will leave him alone - have lost interest in the kid now & if everything was a bit more honourable about the deal without deciept would wish him well wherever he went. Remember a guy named Ronnie Gibbs who left Manly after 1987 & signed mid season with gold coast. I must confess, felt devestated at the time - but at least had my respect in the fact it was all on the table & due to that have fond memories of Rambo. I will remember this kid as a great contributer to our 2011 premiership side but this underhanded dealing has left a bad taste in my mouth, i mean shaking hands with supporters & promising to return is not exactly honourable from a man of god?? :angel:

leave the hoppas alone

In some ways I agree with you JBB.
But this is what should happen from here on out Manly completely washes it's hands of Hoppa Snr. We all know John can't help himself and due to the Manly connection has got help. The day this contract was signed the Hoppa's became Parra's problem

Darwin Eel said:
Manly only beat the sub-standard Parra in the last 3 minutes of their last meeting.

You keep saying this as if it means something. Manly are the 2011 premiers so f..k off.

I couldn't care less. It's a shame that he's gone. But in 2 years there will be another winger ready to come through. It's a shame that his old man had to be cared for.

Or another angle, maybe in 2 years Manly will pick up the discard from Parramatta who's spot Will might take, and that kid might turn out to be our new superstar.

So much can happen between now and then.

Apparently the deal was done as far back as August. If that is true it's very bad form leading Des and the club to believe he wanted to stay with manly.
No one is begrudging the kid the money on offer, and if he was honest about his intentions, no one would be bagging him and his family. But the way it's played out he's lost me.

The Eagle said:
swoop said:

This, filthy lying parrasite

I can handle leavers,i despise liars

My sentiments exactly. I don't begrudge him the dolars - he deserves them. I can't stand two-faced hypocrite liars. He lied to his club, team mates, and all us supporters.

I posted a thread about an interview I saw on Wednesday of last week with his finger-licking-good-for-sh!t father. The signs were there that he was leaving and I am certain that the entire reason he is leaving can be attributed to this pathetic excuse for a man.

jbb/james said:
Firsty hoppa

Will and his manager cut a deal and from all accounts a massive deal. This deal included a lucrative job for his Dad. A dad with 9 kids and no real career path. He has done an awesome thing. This 2 years will set him up for life, provide stability and possibly a new focus fo his DAD. If any other 19yo did this we would all applaude him and give him the kudos he deserves

This is an awesome achievement for a 19yo, and his comments on GF night indicate he may wll have wanted to stay at manly so he as made some knd of personal sacrifice as well, albeit with a silver lining. THe people on this forum that have been abusive to this man, questioning his morals and his faith as a result are wankers.If personally you would prefer to play for a paticular club rather than stabilise your whole family unit then you are a goose.

Every hoppa that has played for manly,has worked for every cent they have been paid for and that is all you can ever ask for, and expect

Good onya will you put real family first

The term family is often overused or abused to describe groups that are anything but family.Footy is about money and while many strong and real bonds exist and i dont wish to be-little these very real bonds and relationships, the term family is often used to garnish money for individuals or organisations to profit personally. Obviously will knows the difference and as a family man i applaude him

I used to be family counsellor and I can tell you their are a lot families with nine kids who live happy, well adjusted lives on low incomes. If the Hopoates can't do this on the large amounts of money Manly were offering then the extra that Parramatta were offering wont make any difference. The" I did it for my family" excuse for greed just doesnt hold water in most cases. It is usually about pure self interest and more often than not results in damaging family relationships rather than streghtening families.

Your post is opinionated, inaccurate, unscientific, morally bankrupt and self righteous. I suggest you look closer to home before labelling decent and loyal people wankers or " a goose."

I've got no problem with him going to Parra - but can they take the whole family because I don't want to see another Hopoate wearing our great colours!! In hindsight, when he announced a few months ago he was going on the mission, he should have also said that any contract negotiation for his return in 2014 would be handled in the off season. He chose to lie (or be advised by his f***wit father) to all Manly fans that he wanted to come back to Manly when the deal had been done with the slime. I do wish him luck, but he can kiss another premiership goodbye and probably his career at that club.

What this has to do with beaver i just dont get Tookey. Every player and ever situation is different. Beaver was loyal and is treated accordingly but that is a rareity

Hoppa may have mis led a few people but we never knew what was going on anyway. Contract negotiations are always sneaky

Hoppa may well return to Manly. He is 19

As for John , i thought most of the faith Manly showed himwere directly Max delmege. Max looked ater him, gave him jobs etc. Maybe there is something in that but i doubt John owes anything to the present set up, except for friendship with DES, and there is no need for that to change. Its possible Des has been playing his own games with contracts recently

anyway im not surprised everyone see things differently but some of the reamarks about lil hoppa are pretty damning and say more about the posters than hoppa

I agree with others. Unless he's playing fullback, 5/8 or 1/2 back, he aint getting anywhere near that kind of coin. I say this regardless of any surnames involved. B Stewart, K Foran and DCE are 10X the player Hopoate is. I found him to be very lazy at times, very dominant at times. His worst was a very big difference between his best.

The thought of Hoppa senior coaching our kids is a scary prospect. Trouble finds that family.

Good riddance.

I'd have settled, grounded, passionate guys like Kite, Galuvao and co. before any of that clan.

Like I say, I'd also rather not see any of that families name on these websites either. It just detracts from what should be a great Grand Final victory feeling. Shame Wolfman wasn't healthy for the big one, as well.

Bad timing Hopoate's. Seems to be the story of that group's life !

bob dylan said:
Just a tip to the unwise and I have not posted much about this subject other than months ago saying Hoppa was an eel. Do a search and check it yourselves and see how many times I posted this since June.

Hoppa will not be gone fir 2 years and will play in 2013 if not next season.

Mark my words.

I have a feeling you are going to be spot on accurate with that post Bob. If he does come back early then it will reinforce a shameful lack of credibility from that family that will never be forgiven as far as Manly supporters would be concerned. I hope for Will's sake that he does do his 2 years missionary work.

jbb/james said:
Firsty hoppa

Will and his manager cut a deal and from all accounts a massive deal. This deal included a lucrative job for his Dad. A dad with 9 kids and no real career path. He has done an awesome thing. This 2 years will set him up for life, provide stability and possibly a new focus fo his DAD. If any other 19yo did this we would all applaude him and give him the kudos he deserves

This is an awesome achievement for a 19yo, and his comments on GF night indicate he may wll have wanted to stay at manly so he as made some knd of personal sacrifice as well, albeit with a silver lining. THe people on this forum that have been abusive to this man, questioning his morals and his faith as a result are wankers.If personally you would prefer to play for a paticular club rather than stabilise your whole family unit then you are a goose.

Every hoppa that has played for manly,has worked for every cent they have been paid for and that is all you can ever ask for, and expect

Good onya will you put real family first

The term family is often overused or abused to describe groups that are anything but family.Footy is about money and while many strong and real bonds exist and i dont wish to be-little these very real bonds and relationships, the term family is often used to garnish money for individuals or organisations to profit personally. Obviously will knows the difference and as a family man i applaude him

Yeah, sure, take the money but don't bring the whole religion thing into it. I am saying this rather tongue in cheek but I thought religion was about things other than money? It just makes them look a tad hypocritical...What did L.Ron Hubbard say. The best and most easy way to become wealthy was to start your own religion!!! I guess that is why the invention of a monetary system thousands of years ago signalled the start of organised religion.

Just heard tosser Osbourne say Will wanted to be part of what they are building at Parra lol

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Just heard tosser Osbourne say Will wanted to be part of what they are building at Parra lol

With Osbourne and Hoppa there..... that will probably be a temple.

Nobody begrudges any player from getting the best deal possible money wise. This is a brutal sport where committment and pain go hand in hand. Players only have a short time to make the most for the rest of their lives. Most have nothing to fall back on once footy is over so good luck to the Hopoates with this deal. The problem we as fans have is we don't take too kindly to players lying about staying put and then turning around next day and going somewhere else. All anybody asks is some honesty when you are being asked a question or better still SAY NOTHING. Just say I am undecided about where I will be dont ****ing well lie to us and say you want to return and play with your brothers and win more premierships with them when you clearly have already signed a deal elsewhere. Just another symptom of a society where truth and honesty are not taught to kids where you can throw away honesty like you throw away a McDonalds wrapper.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11