Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am sure our medical staff would not be taking any risks feathered friend .
They are professionals and they would be on the ball .
I'm struggling to remember when Hodgko last had close to an entire year not significantly disrupted by injury. His entire time at the Knights he has had a bad run. He went missing for an entire season when he first moved to the dogs. I may be wrong but my memory is he was in and out for most of his dogs stint. Some very good half seasons though. Is it like that one year he played for NSW since he left Manly? Or did he struggle with injuries after origin that year too?

I'm struggling to remember when Hodgko last had close to an entire year not significantly disrupted by injury. His entire time at the Knights he has had a bad run. He went missing for an entire season when he first moved to the dogs. I may be wrong but my memory is he was in and out for most of his dogs stint. Some very good half seasons though. Is it like that one year he played for NSW since he left Manly? Or did he struggle with injuries after origin that year too?
Just looking at some stats ....
He has played a total of 40 games in 2 seasons since he signed with the knights in 2016

2016 : Knights Captain in very poor season for the club
On 26 February, Hodkinson was announced as one of three co-captains for the Knights alongside Tariq Sims and Jeremy Smith.[48] In Round 1 of the 2016 NRL season, he made his club debut for the Knights against the Gold Coast Titans, playing at halfback and kicking 2 goals in the Knights' 12-30 loss at Cbus Super Stadium.[49] In Round 11 against the Wests Tigers, he scored his first try for the Knights.[50] During the middle of the season, he was linked to a possible allegiance switch to England for the 2016 Four Nations series. He qualifies for England through his English father.[51] Hodkinson finished his first season with the Knights having played in 23 matches, scoring 1 try, kicking 47 goals and kicking 1 field goal.[52]

2017 : Demotion to reserve grade, loss of Newcastle captaincy
Seven matches into the 2017 season, Hodkinson was demoted to the Knights' New South Wales Cup team.[53] He returned in round 17 but did not receive the captaincy back, with Sione Mata'utia and Jamie Buhrer taking over the role

I just wonder if a good question may come out of this situation. That is;

“when does the ARLCs actions go from being an unregulated disadvantaging of our club by the administration to that of being a legal issue in which damages are sought by MWSE due to unfair restraints being imposed, causing damage to operations, brand & profits etc”

It would likely be an administrative contract issue in dispute as it relates to the licensing agreement between ARLC and Club and while I don’t know the ins and outs of the agreement & thus can’t be sure how a damages claim could be launched, I would think Toddy is sailing fairly close to the wind here in terms of causing a potentially larger scale problem for themselves if Manly were to seek redress.

No question he is a top class person and even if we get 18 games out of him we will get good value. He will also be back up if DCE gets hurt

There is no way Hodkinson does anything other than improve if he comes to us. The Knights are a basket case.

His injury woes might see him only be good for half a season, but I still think his experience and composure, as well as being a top-class human being off the field, would be a great influence on our squad and young halves.
Agree

I would have more confidence in our medical staff being able to get him through a full season than the knights staff

We did manage snake's knee issues succesfully for many years

Sounds like Hodgko it's pretty much done. His experience and calm head under pressure should be good for the squad.

I just hope Baz let's all 3 of the halves battle it out for that starting spot and actually picks it on Merritt. I'm not sold that the right type of young player at half isn't what we need.

In any event young kids need NRL game time to be NRL ready IMO.

Playing Hastings and or Brown for 5 and 10 minutes a game, last year was just BS. It's a minimum of 20 or don't pick em at all.

Hodgko wearing the colours again might create some real headaches with our bench. Who and how they are used. Exciting times.

Hodkinson ( funny story ) was here in Tamworth back in 11 with the dogs and raiders playing a trial , first year with canterbury . I said to him , Ah well mate you should have stayed with manly because their going all the way ... His reply was that manly will not make the 8 . Thats all she wrote . The look on his face at the time was so seriously said . I love when they write us off .

Sorry i haven't read previous comments due to work , but have we signed Hodkinson. Just reading on some site that we are waiting on the nrl to clear him due to our cap pressure . Im not over the moon about this but if it is it is and will have to except it , but how the hell did we sign Thompson if we had all this so called pressure . The knights would have to pay half his worth shouldn't they and it would be pittance compared to Thompson's salary . I dont understand this whole cap bull****.

Sorry i haven't read previous comments due to work , but have we signed Hodkinson. Just reading on some site that we are waiting on the nrl to clear him due to our cap pressure . Im not over the moon about this but if it is it is and will have to except it , but how the hell did we sign Thompson if we had all this so called pressure . The knights would have to pay half his worth shouldn't they and it would be pittance compared to Thompson's salary . I dont understand this whole cap bull****.
Its still all paper talk mate

Despite all of Carney's past indiscretions , i was still more inclined to favor him as a likely more adventurous and slicker choice but the Manly board has apparently rejected this option and of course they are the ones who mainly determine how best to promote and advance the club and the club"s image for public and corporate support and input . Seems that the contract outlay suggested for Hodo and previously Carney would be not much more then Cullen was receiving so i guess essentially status quo in terms of the cap situation and maybe still some more cap money available with a favorable witch hunt outcome for Manly . If it does eventuate for Hodo to join the Manly ranks soon , it should still serve the desired purpose for the club" s present half 's situation in the short term .

Its funny all the people on here saying hodkos knees are gone, he cant last a season. I wonder how many people actually know hodko or who actually knows anything about his knees OR people just reading an article by some pencil pusher and believing the bull****. Obviously he has had some injuries of late but it doesn't mean he's become a complete gimp. He was our origin half only a few years ago. I trust the medical examination by actual medically trained staff at Manly that his knees are good enough to have him sign with manly.

Sounds like Hodgko it's pretty much done. His experience and calm head under pressure should be good for the squad.

I just hope Baz let's all 3 of the halves battle it out for that starting spot and actually picks it on Merritt. I'm not sold that the right type of young player at half isn't what we need.

In any event young kids need NRL game time to be NRL ready IMO.

Playing Hastings and or Brown for 5 and 10 minutes a game, last year was just BS. It's a minimum of 20 or don't pick em at all.

Hodgko wearing the colours again might create some real headaches with our bench. Who and how they are used. Exciting times.
A Rabbitohs winger out of retirement into the halves??? Now that’s risky recruitment

“when does the ARLCs actions go from being an unregulated disadvantaging of our club by the administration to that of being a legal issue in which damages are sought by MWSE due to unfair restraints being imposed, causing damage to operations, brand & profits etc”

I guess it would already be within the realms of real damage to trade AND reputation after the Pearce warning-off and salary cap witch hunt. Any further shenanigans, ie: stopping us signing someone further, and we would be a sure thing if we chose to go that route.

Maybe someone can whisper that to Toad so he backs right the f%#k out of our face.

Its funny all the people on here saying hodkos knees are gone, he cant last a season. I wonder how many people actually know hodko or who actually knows anything about his knees OR people just reading an article by some pencil pusher and believing the bull****. Obviously he has had some injuries of late but it doesn't mean he's become a complete gimp. He was our origin half only a few years ago. I trust the medical examination by actual medically trained staff at Manly that his knees are good enough to have him sign with manly.
Well I can only speak for myself. My doubts are not based on people’s comments or news reports; rather, the evidence of the last 3-4 seasons.

Robbo you may be right mate but from what ive seen of him the last couple of years his knees are shot . There was games we're he couldnt even kick in general play , let alone goal kick . Im only going on what ive seen in front of me . His knees may be fine until he puts them under stress , i dont know mate .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8