Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Trent is a great guy, pillar of the community.
Staunch chap, ex Manly player, and I respect what he did at Manly and what he did for the Blues in 2014.

That said, I wish him well in retirement & hope he doesn't become a cheaper version of Skivi and Snake.

I have always liked Trent, was gutted when he left, but now... I would prefer Manly look elsewhere.

When we brought DCE up from QLD Cup into First Grade in 2011, in place of Hodko, did we have any cover in case he didnt work out? Why do we need it now with Croker, Hastings and Metcalf already in the squad? At that time DCE had zero first grade experience, and I cant see anyone in the 2011 squad who could have stepped up if he didnt work out?

Its funny all the people on here saying hodkos knees are gone, he cant last a season. I wonder how many people actually know hodko or who actually knows anything about his knees OR people just reading an article by some pencil pusher and believing the bull****. Obviously he has had some injuries of late but it doesn't mean he's become a complete gimp. He was our origin half only a few years ago. I trust the medical examination by actual medically trained staff at Manly that his knees are good enough to have him sign with manly.

There you go using your brain again... you're going to get yourself a troll rating if you're not careful.

The cover we are seeking is for our MAIN half, we have plenty of cover if one of the new guys doesn't work out in the second half spot.
Back in 2011 DCE was the new guy, not our main half and in that respect didn't require cover.
But in the same vein, we didn't have cover for Foran back then so it's a pretty similar situation now to back then.

Maybe we were very lucky injury-wise in 2011 and we would like some insurance if we can afford it...just in case.

When we brought DCE up from QLD Cup into First Grade in 2011, in place of Hodko, did we have any cover in case he didnt work out? Why do we need it now with Croker, Hastings and Metcalf already in the squad? At that time DCE had zero first grade experience, and I cant see anyone in the 2011 squad who could have stepped up if he didnt work out?
Maybe the thinking back then was if D C E could not make the step up , Kiren Foran would be the next half back option . Who else might have been in the Manly half"s ranks also, maybe Robson and Liam Foran ? Hardly top ranking options there . I think the main preference for another experienced half now continues of course to be a suitable stand in for D C E if he is unavailable for whatever reason this season . Pity that Metcalfe is not quite ready , looks a top prospect with genuine speed . All hopes still seem to rest on Croker and Hastings to measure up and again as is broadly accepted , another capable half for some insurance if D C E can not replicate his last season "s availability for all of Manly"s games .

The cover we are seeking is for our MAIN half, we have plenty of cover if one of the new guys doesn't work out in the second half spot.
Back in 2011 DCE was the new guy, not our main half and in that respect didn't require cover.
But in the same vein, we didn't have cover for Foran back then so it's a pretty similar situation now to back then.

Maybe we were very lucky injury-wise in 2011 and we would like some insurance if we can afford it...just in case.

I get what you are saying here, but we also have Tom Wright as potential cover for Croker/Hastings at five eight if either player has to "try" and cover DCE's position at "half" for any reason. This still leaves Metcalf. 5 halves. Two spots. To me that is already adequate squad cover and definitely more than we had in 2011.

Two untried and untested units fought it out that off season. Liam Foran was our other half. Make of that what you will. But we won a flag;-)

Killer was the cover in 2011. Not to mention Gifty also

Yeah I was about to say but you've beaten me to it lol.

If DCE had failed then Des would probably have moved Foran to half, Killer to 5/8 and Hopoate to the centres with (then at least) someone like Oldfield coming in on the wing.

Whether we would still have won the premiership with that combination (or similar) is another story. I like to think we would have ;)

The few games he played at the back end of last year were alright. If his knee is strong enough to kick I think he will compliment DCE and be a great halves pairing

Its funny all the people on here saying hodkos knees are gone, he cant last a season. I wonder how many people actually know hodko or who actually knows anything about his knees OR people just reading an article by some pencil pusher and believing the bull****. Obviously he has had some injuries of late but it doesn't mean he's become a complete gimp. He was our origin half only a few years ago. I trust the medical examination by actual medically trained staff at Manly that his knees are good enough to have him sign with manly.

I used to think the same way but then remembered we used to have the same Dr who agreed that Watmoughs knee injury was new (Dr Bloomfield from memory) so now think the medical staff have no idea.

I don't think we need Hodko. We have experience in DCE and Api, go with youth at 5/8.

I don't think we need Hodko. We have experience in DCE and Api, go with youth at 5/8.

While you aren't wrong on that point.....should the unthinkable happen and DCE suffers a season ending injury, or even if Qld suffer an injury crisis and they are forced to pick him.....having Hodko's experience to lead the younger guys in Hastings or Croker wouldn't be a bad thing.

His bad knees aside regardless of any fitness test, I'd rather have at least Hodko who is an experienced half than have to rely on Hastings AND Croker at the same time. Who knows, the might surprise. But I'd still prefer some experience there.

A Rabbitohs winger out of retirement into the halves??? Now that’s risky recruitment
I thought it could have been Steve Merritt out of retirement , the speedy outside and mainly reserve grade back for Manly quite some time ago but no doubt another half - baked option also .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12