Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Moley reckons if approved we’ll be paying $400k for Hodko.

If true in my opinion that’s too much.

If Knights pay $600k and we pay $200k he’s reasonable insurance.

Anything above I’d rather forward pay into 2019 to give us some extra at the end of this year.

If this report is true it's a ridiculous amount based on his form over the past 2 seasons....
Hope he makes me eat some words and drops an egg on my face, but this appears a joke - save the cash - a 5/8 will emerge from options already available and they will add more spark with far more potential to be a long term solution if given the chance.
The ONLY issue here imo, if Manly are chasing so hard for a 5/8 to pay $400,000 for Hodgko, it shows little faith in the youngsters and Baz....an ex gun 5/8, may know something more than the average fan with this call.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
I'm in favour of Hodko .. but $400,000... too much. The knights may think this is not fair. Welll having 2 of biggest stars sitting out the whole of last year and having to pay mega bucks is not fair. They have a player that is one step away from sitting on the bench all year, they should be grateful we are willing to sign him. I think $300,000 is absolutely top dollar.
There is a real chance that one or both Croker and Hastings can do the job. We then could have Hodko playing out at Blacktown or injured and not playing at all.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
After what the NRL and Newcastle did to us with the Pearce negotiations debacle, us saving the Knights $400K on their cap for Hodko next year would be akin to losing the girl of your dreams to your best mate, then have him ring you up to ask would you do him a favour and take her little sister to the mall for an hour.:confused:

$200K for Hodko = fair.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Todays 9/01/18 Tele....

MANLY CEO Lyall Gorman has confirmed the Sea Eagles remain hopeful of signing Trent Hodkinson to partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves this season.

Hodkinson’s mooted move to Brookvale hit a roadblock prior to Christmas due to the club’s third party salary cap issues.

It’s understood Manly are ready to offer the former NSW Origin half a contract, but they won’t be given the green light until the NRL is satisfied that their cap dramas have been resolved.

The Sea Eagles were granted an extension to the customary five-day appeal process after the breach notice was issued on December 11 and have until the end of January to file their submission.

Until then, the NRL Integrity Unit is able to complete its investigation it is unlikely any new contracts will be registered.

Manly announced former Dragons forward Joel Thompson on a two-year deal in December, but the contract won’t be approved until the club can prove it is cap compliant for the 2018 season.

The NRL Integrity Unit will resume in mid-January and it’s understood Manly’s response to the breach notice won’t be received at NRL headquarters until just before the deadline.

After releasing Blake Green to the Warriors on a three-year deal and missing out on Mitchell Pearce, the Sea Eagles are desperate to land an experienced half to play alongside Cherry-Evans.

Gorman said Hodkinson remained on the club’s radar, while the playmaker’s manager David Riolo also revealed Manly were still a chance.

It comes as Hodkinson resumed training with Newcastle this week.

Knights officials expect the veteran halfback to honour the final season of his contract in 2018 if his deal with Manly falls through.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Hodko is a decent player and a goal kicker.

Problem is his knees and therefore he has lost his pace.

Attacking the line will be ok. Especially if he brings a good short kicking game.

But don't expect him to chase anyone down.

The other issue is the obvious one, will he make it through the year.

Last edited:

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Todays 9/01/18 Tele....

MANLY CEO Lyall Gorman has confirmed the Sea Eagles remain hopeful of signing Trent Hodkinson to partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves this season.

Hodkinson’s mooted move to Brookvale hit a roadblock prior to Christmas due to the club’s third party salary cap issues.

It’s understood Manly are ready to offer the former NSW Origin half a contract, but they won’t be given the green light until the NRL is satisfied that their cap dramas have been resolved.

The Sea Eagles were granted an extension to the customary five-day appeal process after the breach notice was issued on December 11 and have until the end of January to file their submission.

Until then, the NRL Integrity Unit is able to complete its investigation it is unlikely any new contracts will be registered.

Manly announced former Dragons forward Joel Thompson on a two-year deal in December, but the contract won’t be approved until the club can prove it is cap compliant for the 2018 season.

The NRL Integrity Unit will resume in mid-January and it’s understood Manly’s response to the breach notice won’t be received at NRL headquarters until just before the deadline.

After releasing Blake Green to the Warriors on a three-year deal and missing out on Mitchell Pearce, the Sea Eagles are desperate to land an experienced half to play alongside Cherry-Evans.

Gorman said Hodkinson remained on the club’s radar, while the playmaker’s manager David Riolo also revealed Manly were still a chance.

It comes as Hodkinson resumed training with Newcastle this week.

Knights officials expect the veteran halfback to honour the final season of his contract in 2018 if his deal with Manly falls through.

That is basically a re hash of the pre Christmas story....

More quality journalism!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14