History never repeats - I tell myself before I go to sleep

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

God

Bencher
I was there. Wont forget that one quickly it was a pea heart'ed performance given all they had to play for.

Ryan

Journey Man
I remember walking out at half time with the ****s from Brooky in front of Danners and a few others against Penrith. We were getting carved. As people know, the only luck I EVER have is bad. As soon as I left, Manly biggest ever come back occurred.

**** !

20 Points: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles came from 26-6 down after 51 minutes to win 36-26 against the Penrith Panthers on 29 May 2005 at Brookvale Oval.

13th biggest comeback of all time.

Nice one Ryno.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
I didn't attend any N/Eagle games it was a monumental **** up merger.

I didn't attend (or watch) any Northern Eagles games either, but this one was after the merger had already split mid-season so it wasn't really NE any more and I was there.

Funnily enough, my wife pulled out my (very well worn) "Manly is back" t-shirt from those days yesterday and suggested it was perhaps time to throw it out... a suggestion which was firmly denied!

JenEagle

Bencher
I paid 26 bucks to sit in the Jane Try stand that fateful day. Rhys Wesser just ripped us to shreds. The story I heard was that Peter Sharp told the whole team to $$$$ off at halftime and just walked out of the sheds.

We have lost the last 5 against the riff and had a lot of luck go against us in some of those games. I am tipping we will beat them on sat arvo and I will be there on the hill with the kids that's for sure.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
History never repeats
I tell myself before I go to sleep
Don't say the words you might regret (We're going to be in the top 4)
We've lost before you know we can't forget

There was a team I try to follow
They dealt my love a savage blow
I was so young, too blind to see
But anyway that's History

I'm a fool to want you
I'm a fool to want you
To want a love that can't be true
A love that's there for others too
I'm a fool to support you
Such a fool to hold you
To seek a kiss not mine alone
To share a kiss that Devil has known

Time and time again I said I'd leave you
Time and time again I went away
But then would come the time when I would need you
And once again these words I had to say . . . .

Pity me I need you

Ned

Bencher
I was there. I've still got the Northern Eagles mini footy they gave away free to clear out the NE merch before Manly's comeback as a stand alone the next year!!

brad

First Grader
I wonder how many of us were there that day when the mightly Northern Eagles took on the Penny Panthers in the last round of the regular season in 2002. From memory a win would have catapulted us into the glory of the finals. Alas it wasn't to be and the lowly placed Panthers condemned us into NRL obscurity to the tune of 68-28. Ahh those were the days .... let's hope Split Enz were right and we don't have a repeat of 15 years ago !!!!!!!!

Stayed till the end that day and clapped Beaver off - in those days he was a one man army.

History never repeats
I tell myself before I go to sleep
Don't say the words you might regret (We're going to be in the top 4)
We've lost before you know we can't forget

There was a team I try to follow
They dealt my love a savage blow
I was so young, too blind to see
But anyway that's History

Match Scoresheet
Manly
Tries
Mitch CREARY
Shayne DUNLEY
Steve MENZIES
Robert MILES
Mark SHIPWAY
Goals
Jason FERRIS (4/5)

Penrith
Tries
Rhys WESSER (3)
Luke LEWIS (3)
Ryan GIRDLER (2)
John CROSS
Craig GOWER
Trent WATERHOUSE
Lee HOPKINS
Goals
Ryan GIRDLER
(10/12)
Ahh Snags ferris , he's a mate of mine so ill remind him of that . Shocking day.

Catch_20_2

Reserve Grader
I'd settle for a result like this one.

Just substitute Soward for Gus Gould screaming at the ref and I would walk around laughing for the rest of my life.

Class touches Lyon Stewart .... and big red Tommy Symonds .... I used to watch him walking around the ground after a game
... He always looked like he had given everything, nothing left in the tank. Was he our best ranga since Fattie ?

Last edited:

Darren

Bencher
I was there, very glum and also the day the Sharks destroyed us at Cronulla. I think the team had been sick??

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I remember that day it was horrible, I were sat in halfway watching it with absolute terror.

Panthers winning the following year was the only thing that made it sting less, it took a year though for the sting to go

Catch_20_2

Reserve Grader
Put some of those demons to rest tonight. Lots of good memories tonight that will last a lifetime.

Attachments

• IMG-20170902-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20170902-WA0002.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 0

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
I'd settle for a result like this one.

Just substitute Soward for Gus Gould screaming at the ref and I would walk around laughing for the rest of my life.

Class touches Lyon Stewart .... and big red Tommy Symonds .... I used to watch him walking around the ground after a game
... He always looked like he had given everything, nothing left in the tank. Was he our best ranga since Fattie ?

How good was Killa!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13