Help Me Out Here

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bingo.
It's a little something that was born about 20 years ago.
I hope they keep this boy quite shielded from a lot of this because there'll be plenty of ill feeling towards the panthers, Ivan and Gus. And the talented kid is the pawn to make Gus the king.

Goodness gracious, I would've hated to have been coached by my Dad. The bugger would have benched me all the time out of fears for nepotism accusations for one thing. Plus I almost joined the army just so I would be bossed around less.

The blame is solely with Greenturd, who rejected a low value contract that Gifty was happy to accept .
2v was not in charge of the contract offer but he did want Gifty to stay :wait:

That's why Lodge's contract and Mini's nominal contracts are so hard to accept by any fair minded person :mad:

Sorry Yes, you are right. I had forgotten about the contract that the NRL wouldn't accept.

However, Tooves still made the call to cut him, which set Watmough off and in turn started all of that garbage. In my opinion it was the righ time to cut them both. Everyone seems to blame the Penns for it but it was Tooveys call.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...-for-glenn-stewarts-exit-20150729-gin7hj.html

What am I missing here, nrl carreer coaching win %

Ivan Cleary 48%
Trent Barrett 41%
Geoff Toovey 58%

So one of the above is the hottest, most sought after coach in the nrl.

Another is being tipped as a possible replacement at a top side, but his current team is try to avoid the spoon.

The other cant get a start and doesnt' seem wanted anywhere.

By chance does anyone know Neil Henry's coaching win % is? Would be interested to see what we are getting?

By chance does anyone know Neil Henry's coaching win % is? Would be interested to see what we are getting?

44%

Not the worst idea i have heard.

He had trouble getting on with some of the players at The Raiders, I know that for a fact.

Would 1000% Rather Henry than Griffin. Still not brilliant though.

Always seems to get teams going well and then falls away. Not real sure where the problem lies there.

44%

Not the worst idea i have heard.

He had trouble getting on with some of the players at The Raiders, I know that for a fact.

Spoke with my son a little while ago (his mates play for the Titans) says Neil Henry isn't much of a coach, but he would be good for us as he wouldn't put us in harms way with salary cap because he doesn't know how to sign a player?

Spoke with my son a little while ago (his mates play for the Titans) says Neil Henry isn't much of a coach, but he would be good for us as he wouldn't put us in harms way with salary cap because he doesn't know how to sign a player?

Yeah all the players talk to each other and when a coach is not popular they all know about it and steer clear if possible.

I don't think Toovey got this almighty Premiership winning team as many suggest, as by the time Hasler left it was in a rabble and he basically helped keep a sinking ship afloat
He was appointed a week after the team won the grand final! If that's not getting a premiership wining team I don't know what is!
Didn't lose many players either, young Hoppa being the main one.
However his hands were definitely tied in terms of the salary cap and recruitment. We lost T Rex the following year and were unable to sign any new top-liners during Tooves's reign.

He was appointed a week after the team won the grand final! If that's not getting a premiership wining team I don't know what is!
Didn't lose many players either, young Hoppa being the main one.
However his hands were definitely tied in terms of the salary cap and recruitment. We lost T Rex the following year and were unable to sign any new top-liners during Tooves's reign.

Option A) Maybe you don't know what is??

I think Hasler had already snuck out the door 6 months earlier to sign with the Dogs and was also pulling the team apart trying to drag Foran/Williams with him.
Plus add the fact there were back ended deals and plenty of obstacles behind closed doors that sent a rot through the club and took a fair bit of shine off the 2011 Premiership victory.
If you think Toovey took over a winning team with a clean slate, its a fair bit different to my opinion, but that's why its a forum right?

I think that both of these versions have some validity and fact but full credit to all concerned at either a playing or coaching level , post 2011 ,as it was still a high caliber and very competitive side that almost pulled off another premiership [ thanks to those dodgy calls didn 't quite of course ] in 2013 .

One thing that both Geoff Toovey and Des Hasler had was the ability to identify in detail, things that need to be addressed after every performance to improve. If you listened to them after a game explaining where they thought things let them down, you could see the improvements in that area the following week. They are confident in what they do. I have no doubt that this team would be so much better under either of them. To say they are "old school" or don't know the modern game is just ridiculous!

One thing that both Geoff Toovey and Des Hasler had was the ability to identify in detail, things that need to be addressed after every performance to improve. If you listened to them after a game explaining where they thought things let them down, you could see the improvements in that area the following week. They are confident in what they do. I have no doubt that this team would be so much better under either of them. To say they are "old school" or don't know the modern game is just ridiculous!
When i say not adapting with the times i'm talking about their desires to continue to play slow block play league. It won us a premiership but then the ruck sped up as a result of reduced interchange and increased policing of the ruck. That 2015 year we still looked slow and stilted. Des kept trying to do the same with the dogs and teams had figured out how to defend it. Look at the bunnies now and even us at times when api is on song, speed around the ruck is the key to the modern game.

Tooves even admitted on 360 a couple of months ago that he didn't think he adapted enough. That he inherited a system that was working and just left it that way. He lost the players because they felt they weren't developing. It was unimaginative and boring. To his credit i think in a second go around he might be different because he does seem aware of what went wrong and is intelligent enough to recognize and possibly change those flaws. I don't think it will ever happen at manly though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8