Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Snake : Third or fourth quickest I've ever seen in Maroon & White Over these 48 years.
On 2007 as his peak:
Irvine
Hanigan
Snake
Shearer
Booth
Boustead over 30 MTRS
Gibbs over 20 mtrs
I'd put Russell Gartner at his peak comfortably ahead of Booth. In front of most players actually, he had a season or two where he just blew them away with sheer pace.

No interest in Grid Iron at all... hope he makes a success of it but not fussed either way..
Come back to league & be the legend you deserve to be. He'd look good in maroon.

I'd put Russell Gartner at his peak comfortably ahead of Booth. In front of most players actually, he had a season or two where he just blew them away with sheer pace.
Gartner was narrowly beaten by Corowa in the late 70's in a league sprint over 100, Gartner would have everyone covered except for Irvine and perhaps Hannigan, I was too young for guys like Johnny Bliss and Nick Yakich who were club speedsters.
Hasler, before his knee injuries was also a sprinter, I recall that he won a match race that included Greg Alexander and E T

Great memory, BH. Frank Farrington, Singo and Jack Gibson recruited him to the Newtown Jets. But Warren Ryan was the coach when he played. Great publicity stunt. He lasted five games before going back to America.

Mark Harris had a go at gridiron too.

Jack Gibson brought a few gridiron moves back from memory. The wedge and other set piece moves are there somewhere.

I think Manfred Moore said at the time he couldn't believe Rugby League players didn't wear padding. He scored a try I think that was a bit different but pushing it to remember what he actually did.

Frogs Eyes still looked like he could run a sub 12 on Sunday.

Was the wind legal for Snakes 10.2 ?? May have been during a particularly blustery southerly

I just love seeing Hayne palm players off! I really think it's exciting, and to hear the commentators just go off, It really speaks volumes for how good he is going.

It seems the commentators are shocked at just how tough Hayne is, like when he was running down the sideline, and instead of going out, ran back in to be tackled.....classic!

There is certainly still a way to go, but for me, you just have to be impressed.

Actually think T Rex would do well in NFL. Most NFL players look fat and lazy.

Jack Gibson brought a few gridiron moves back from memory. The wedge and other set piece moves are there somewhere.

I think Manfred Moore said at the time he couldn't believe Rugby League players didn't wear padding. He scored a try I think that was a bit different but pushing it to remember what he actually did.
The move you'll see most often is the hit and spin through the defence. Ball runners over there are taught to stay low and upon contact, spun away from it then go again.

could be right there Loobs. The staying low bit reminds me of Ian Martin though he'd be front on bumping them off (ooh er).

that wedge Parra did Gibson introduced and there was the 'wall' from a tap where the bloke who took the tap would pass to someone in the wall and run round behind them ... bit of a shepherd really. seem to recall his teams passing gridiron style across the field to the winger too ?? could be imagining that one.

As I said, there is a degree of inaccuracy with hand held times. What was reported as a 10.2 could easily have been say a 10.7 or even an 11.

Do I think Snake was as quick as the likes of Patrick Johnson or Matt Shirvington? Honestly, no and we're only going on what was reported back in 2006. But before his leg injuries he was definitely the quickest player at Manly and one of the quickest in the NRL.

So you do think the 10.2 was a bit dubius like me.

11 seconds would be very fast on grass, probably about where he was at

Mark Harris went over there as a kicker. They loved him because not only could he kick the ball huge distances, he could be there to tackle when the ball came down. They'd not seen any kickers do this. NFL players can be one trick ponies, just doing one thing really well. In NRL you don't survive without a wider skill set.

AFL players have become more popular recently as punters in NFL (particularly in one team ... I can't remember who) because they have the skills to run the ball, evade defenders, and kick accurately off both feet. This gives extra time for defenders to get down the other end of the field and increases yards gained.

Mark Harris went over there as a kicker. They loved him because not only could he kick the ball huge distances, he could be there to tackle when the ball came down. They'd not seen any kickers do this. NFL players can be one trick ponies, just doing one thing really well. In NRL you don't survive without a wider skill set.

AFL players have become more popular recently as punters in NFL (particularly in one team ... I can't remember who) because they have the skills to run the ball, evade defenders, and kick accurately off both feet. This gives extra time for defenders to get down the other end of the field and increases yards gained.
Darren Bennett was the AFL player who went to the NFL in the 90s and went amazingly well. I remember him pulling off a great tackle one time after he kicked the ball down field and then the guy who caught it ran right through the defence but could not get past Bennett. He was that good that he was a member of the 1990s NFL team of the decade.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
I would have killed it in the NFL, but I hate their accents. Oh no, hang on. Accents are Korean cars aren't they? They have HUGE speaker systems in them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8