Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Didn't anyone read the following story about Beattie?

The latest word on the Beattie expansion plan has come to me second-hand, but from a trusted source. Beattie has told people he can see the Sea Eagles in Perth.

Interesting from the NRL CEO.... I've called him out on Twitter. Doubt he'll respond though.
Beattie doesn’t know what rugby league is. He was just a sock puppet on Greenburg’s hand.

It is funny that you have such a love of all things Barrett but if anything this thread shows how utterly incompetent and useless Barrett was if we now see Des as the Suoer Coach again. At least Des can show some stats and percntages to justify his claims of actually knowing how to coach. What can Barrett show?

Well, for a start I doubt Penn would have suddenly come to Jesus on Hasler if Barrett didn't have the courage to stand up to him and put the spotlight firmly on how fukkened the place is .....

Without the fervour and backlash from fans and members over the past month ... I think Penn would have happily carried on and appointed the cheapest option .... Cartwright ...... I suspect #Gormanthememberwhisperer pulled Penn aside and laid some hard facts on the table ...... if I am correct , then more power to Lyall .....

We should come to praise Barrett ..... not assassinate him .......

I can not understand how some on here can be loyal to a coach that quit and walked away .

Didn't your new best mate and super coach Dessie also just quit and walk away ???

PSS .... I am and will be supportive of Des ..... but your nonsensical self-justification and bullshiit is unbelievable at times ....

Well, for a start I doubt Penn would have suddenly come to Jesus on Hasler if Barrett didn't have the courage to stand up to him and put the spotlight firmly on how fukkened the place is .....

Without the fervour and backlash from fans and members over the past month ... I think Penn would have happily carried on and appointed the cheapest option .... Cartwright ...... I suspect #Gormanthememberwhisperer pulled Penn aside and laid some hard facts on the table ...... if I am correct , then more power to Lyall .....

He might have highlighted our deficiencies and tried to improve our "lot" with our tight arse owners and credit to him for that. However, our on field results under him were abysmal and it's reasonable to say that outside of whatever he did trying to improve the joint he still did a **** job coaching and will forever be remembered as the worst coach we have ever had.

He might have highlighted our deficiencies and tried to improve our "lot" with our tight arse owners and credit to him for that. However, our on field results under him were abysmal and it's reasonable to say that whatever he did trying to improve the joint he still did a pretty **** job coaching and will forever be remembered as the worst coach we have ever had.

I know I am simple .... but what the flying fukk does his coaching record got to do with any thing I have said .......

Every time .... but but but ... his coaching record ..... has bugger all of nothing to do with him standing up and putting a spotlight on Penn and the atrocious state of the club ....

Des
2015 Dogs 5th
2016 Dogs 7th
2017 Dogs 11th 24pts
Pay
2018 Dogs 12th 18pts
Anyone reckon the Dogs supporters are happier this year.

Maybe Pay will have to clean up Hasler's mess for a few years? Statistics are not always as black and white as they appear.

Think that on the clear indications that Des is well in the frame now for a very unexpected return , is more of a case of some cold hard reality having the most influence in the Manly coaching saga right now . Trent was on the outer in so many ways , so doubt that any of his again and at least on my take , self - righteous whinging is actually having any significant effect who Manly may now appoint as head coach . More likely and plausible just a recognition that after Maguire not accepting the role and Cartwright not really in favour with the Manly faithful in general , no other real suitable option but to go back to the future with Des and regardless of any of the misgivings that that will entail [ and to ideally get as much upside with every facet associated with Manly but especially as the highest priority now some better on field results ] Again i am of the opinion that if Manly were travelling much better last season , Baz "s complaint antics and mentality would have been almost non existent

I know I am simple .... but what the flying fukk does his coaching record got to do with any thing I have said .......

Every time .... but but but ... his coaching record ..... has bugger all of nothing to do with him standing up and putting a spotlight on Penn and the atrocious state of the club ....
I don't know? I just think that they are different issues. No problem with him putting the spotlight on the Penis family but given that he was paid a lot of money to coach a team to win football games and we didn't the results seem relevant?

I don't know? I just think that they are different issues. No problem with him putting the spotlight on the Penis family but given that he was paid a lot of money to coach a team to win football games and we didn't the results seem relevant?
They are different issues ... that's my point .....

Do you honestly believe Penn would be back tracking and burying the hatchet with Hasler if the situation hadn't been forced on him by the fan outrage, media spotlight, members meeting and the focus on club resources brought about by Barrett standing up to him ..... I don't know ... but as I siad, I suspect that 6 weeks ago Penn would have laughed in your face if you predicted the return of Dessie ...

Didn't anyone read the following story about Beattie?

The latest word on the Beattie expansion plan has come to me second-hand, but from a trusted source. Beattie has told people he can see the Sea Eagles in Perth.

Interesting from the NRL CEO.... I've called him out on Twitter. Doubt he'll respond though.
We can play one of home games in Perth and he can see us then

I can also see Bettie getting the sack in the next year or two for being an idiot

They are different issues ... that's my point .....

Do you honestly believe Penn would be back tracking and burying the hatchet with Hasler if the situation hadn't been forced on him by the fan outrage, media spotlight, members meeting and the focus on club resources brought about by Barrett standing up to him ..... I don't know ... but as I siad, I suspect that 6 weeks ago Penn would have laughed in your face if you predicted the return of Dessie ...
Ex CEO Grant Mayer said this on Twitter last night, words something like “ there would have had to be major peacepipes smoked by the Penn’s to even see Des’s name mentioned in the same breath as Manly over the last few weeks and wouldn’t be the case if ANY other decent coach was available “.

Interesting don’t you think?

I think it's more like Penn is hopeless as a football club owner, Barrett is hopeless as a first grade coach, and the results reflected that. The fact we therefore finished second last has put pressure on everyone to fix what is clearly a mess. First prize seems to have been Maguire, but now des is the only viable option left. To give Penn credit though, he did state at the outset that they were looking for an experienced, proven performer, and both Maguire and hasler fit that bill.

Without any inside knowledge or facts ... I am hoping that the catalyst for change has been Gorman .... I hope he has won the power battle and told both Zorba and Penn to drop off and let him run the place ....... just hoping ....

Maybe not completely relevent here @Woodsie but for mine i can see some parallels . You have had a different opinion on the barrett situation that most.you have seen it more from an employee eyes. Thats my take anyway

All this recent chatter on hasler. Over the years there have been many threads and much hate about haslers deoarture. Mainly i have seen the Des situation more as an employee who struggled and ive supported that. Rather than just the Penns we had a messy board, mexican standoffs, board leaks, AVO!s , board members barred from attending and fridgegate

Anyway i found it quite easy to reconcile hasler wanting out. That environment did little to help anyone. Over the years ive pretty much supported hasler as a result

You have stood by barrett for much the same reasons. Less board but more casualties.anyway just my brain catching up and this recent developemnts have made me see a different point

Maybe not completely relevent here @Woodsie but for mine i can see some parallels . You have had a different opinion on the barrett situation that most.you have seen it more from an employee eyes. Thats my take anyway

All this recent chatter on hasler. Over the years there have been many threads and much hate about haslers deoarture. Mainly i have seen the Des situation more as an employee who struggled and ive supported that. Rather than just the Penns we had a messy board, mexican standoffs, board leaks, AVO!s , board members barred from attending and fridgegate

Anyway i found it quite easy to reconcile hasler wanting out. That environment did little to help anyone. Over the years ive pretty much supported hasler as a result

You have stood by barrett for much the same reasons. Less board but more casualties.anyway just my brain catching up and this recent developemnts have made me see a different point

Interesting view ..... I have always owned my own companies and was fortunate enough never to have staff or employee problems ...

My opinion of Barrett goes back to his playing days when I had a bit to do with Rugby League/Sport and met him often ...... Baz is an honest fair dinkum country boy with principles and character .... I assure you some of the motivations attributed to him would be Alien concepts dreamt up by city folk ...he would have been out of his depth and comfort zone dealing with someone like Penn ... I can't imagine the circumstances and frustrations that lead him to hand in his notice on his career .....

Opinions of his coaching are one thing ...... but painting him as some evil machavaelian fiqure playing a game of deceit for personal gain are nonsense ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8