Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Des Hasler refused to shake my hand and sign my 3 month old son's jersey in 2012. I was in the Brookvale sheds (Manly side) after a Manly Bulldogs game when he came in to gloat. All he could do was put his hand up in my face as if to go away while he drank a beer with Todd Greenburg.

My only interaction with the man wasn't plesant to say the least.

If I were at the ground you'd be damned right I'd show little respect.

tried his 1 and only tactic at the dogs as well of back ending contracts and they are so far in it is not funny. We are still behind due to his efforts so he will not come back and clean up his mess.

10 year rebuild after being Dazzlered
I would point out that we are the joint most successful team in the comp this century. Only the Roosters, Broncos and Storm have won 2 legitimate titles in that period. Des was a large reason for that.

It is also worth pointing out that the Bulldogs made 2 GFs under him. If they had won 1 of those, Des would be mentioned differently.

The Bulldogs had their premiership window and they blew it.

I am not advocating his return, but I am sure that without Des we would still be without a premiership this century.

I would point out that we are the joint most successful team in the comp this century. Only the Roosters, Broncos and Storm have won 2 legitimate titles in that period. Des was a large reason for that.

It is also worth pointing out that the Bulldogs made 2 GFs under him. If they had won 1 of those, Des would be mentioned differently.

The Bulldogs had their premiership window and they blew it.

I am not advocating his return, but I am sure that without Des we would still be without a premiership this century.

He’s not the answer , I’m not sure Baz is either but certainly not Ha$ler.

When des left it gutted many players and supporters, and quite honestly after what we all heard or read couldn't stand the bastard. Taking staff and players ( Williams ) tried Foran but we really don't know what went on . He did leave us a mess with backend deals but penn and co would have agreed to all this and known about it . I dont think Des Hasler should take all the blame for we're we are today . What went on behind the scenes we can only speculate, and if the man came back id be one happy supporter.

When des left it gutted many players and supporters, and quite honestly after what we all heard or read couldn't stand the bastard. Taking staff and players ( Williams ) tried Foran but we really don't know what went on . He did leave us a mess with backend deals but penn and co would have agreed to all this and known about it . I dont think Des Hasler should take all the blame for we're we are today . What went on behind the scenes we can only speculate, and if the man came back id be one happy supporter.

He definitely can’t take all the blame for today , but he sure as **** can take the blame for some of it AND all the **** the Bulldogs are in.

He’d **** us over again if he came back as leopards don’t change their spots!!

Agree, his methods are old school, his days are done a dusted!!

He’s NOT the answer for us and should NEVER be welcome in the door again after the **** he pulled!!

If he comes back I’ll become the new @strone33 , there’ll be a “ sack De$” thread the moment he is announced.

****ing wanker!!!!!

Yes @malroon it IS a dummy spit, and will be a bigger one if he ever sets foot in our front door again!!

**** Ha$ler he’s so 10 years ago!!

As far as i'm concerned, the only thing Hasler did wrong was leaving and taking staff with him.

A team needs to be bought nowdays. Maybe it always did? Arko bought one back in the day.

There is no other way and we are short finances from the outset because we can't furnish 1-2-3M in TPA's.

You buy a team, have a window where you need to win the comp before you have to suffer and pay for that window, especially if you're short of other teams by 1-2M in TPA's.

Then 3-5 years of rebuilding again..

We won in that window and suffered the downside of back-ending players, the dogs didn't but still have to pay the piper..

We won't compete against the high-funded teams unless we do the same sh!t Des did with us... probably that won't even be enough.

Des did his job and moved on to do it again elsewhere so he wasn't here through the downside.
I'm sure the people in charge totally understood what he was doing and knew the end game of that plan as well.

He left in a really bad way though.

Sporting news ......
Here is the proof Des Hasler DID attend the Sea Eagles’ 2008 grand final reunion – only to brush an emotional return to Brookvale Oval.

Hasler met with six members of the team that belted Melbourne 40-0 in the decider – Glenn Hall, Steve Menzies, Heath L’Estrange, Matt Ballin, Steve Bell and Mark Bryant - in the lead-up to Saturday night’s Sea Eagles-Storm clash.

He and the players were joined by their old trainer Greg ‘Brandy’ Alexander and strength and conditioning coach Don Singe at the Brookvale Hotel beer garden.

But while the ex-players, Singe and Alexander later walked the 50m from the Brookie pub for an official lap of honour before the Strom game, Dessie was nowhere to be seen.

He opted out of a return to the ground where he was afforded legendary status as a player and coach, preferring to steer clear of the spotlight.

It led to speculation Hasler feared a backlash from some Manly supporters still angered over his hurried departure to the Bulldogs just days after the 2011 grand final victory.

But just as many still herald Hasler as the club’s greatest coach and wish he was back in charge.

Hasler engineered the 2008 triumph over Melbourne – a record grand final-winning margin – and backed it up with another title three years later.

Sadly, several members of the 08 side are ‘off’ with the club, including the Stewart brothers, Anthony Watmough and Steve Matai.

And former skipper Jamie Lyon has had little to do with the place since retiring.

It’s understood Watmough hosted a function for the team on Friday night, but it’s unclear how many attended.
Photo : All the boys still looking fit .
View attachment 8928[/QUOTE

You missed a couple that were there at both venues

Agree, his methods are old school, his days are done a dusted!!

He’s NOT the answer for us and should NEVER be welcome in the door again after the **** he pulled!!

If he comes back I’ll become the new @strone33 , there’ll be a “ sack De$” thread the moment he is announced.

****ing wanker!!!!!
And how is barrett new school by the way we attack & defend???.Have a look where we’re on the table.

He sure left us with a price to pay.
But the greatest day in my life 08 GF and then a premiership in 11.......
I reckon some supporters of other clubs would think it was worth it.

Has anyone got any idea why a Jamie Lyon is upset with the club?

Snake attended his farewell last year so he can’t be that angry.
I was really happy that he did. Out of all the 'disgruntled' I thought he had the most reason to be upset as Gift is his brother. But he came, seemed happy, quite humble and appreciative of the fans. Always a Manly legend and an absolute freak of talent. I'll always be Snake fan.

@Mark from Brisbane , just remember if it wasn't for De$$, you wouldn't have celebrated 2008 and again in 2011, he and everyone in the Manly higher echelon knew what was happening , they ALL put winning ahead of anything else, and that's what he done.....WON.!!!

No dramas with that mate but it’s how he left us and what he left us with that is!!

If you think that’s acceptable then more fool you!!

No dramas with that mate but it’s how he left us and what he left us with that is!!

If you think that’s acceptable then more fool you!!

Its a tricky choice he had to make. Does he go for broke, pay back ended contracts, for a couple of premierships even if it means a couple of years of struggle to follow, or does he play it safe and therefore not be able to afford some of the stars and therefore risk not winning the premierships but continuing to have the club competitive. If he came back and used the back ended contracts again, we would probably win another premiership by 2020-22. But by 2024-5 we would again be at the bottom of the comp. Alternatively he could come back, play it safe, ensure Manly stays healthy throughout, but probably an also ran throughout. What choice would fans take?

Its a tricky choice he had to make. Does he go for broke, pay back ended contracts, for a couple of premierships even if it means a couple of years of struggle to follow, or does he play it safe and therefore not be able to afford some of the stars and therefore risk not winning the premierships but continuing to have the club competitive. If he came back and used the back ended contracts again, we would probably win another premiership by 2020-22. But by 2024-5 we would again be at the bottom of the comp. Alternatively he could come back, play it safe, ensure Manly stays healthy throughout, but probably an also ran throughout. What choice would fans take?

So you are of the belief the only way to be competitive is to backend contracts , have one , maybe two shots at a title and then suffer for a decade afterwards to compensate??

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8