Gutherson > Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Alan said:
I could score 12 tries a year playing outside Killer.

your right. So happy to give the young guys a go and should be more of it as the other clubs are doing it. But really any young player will be scoring tries and playing well under our great halves and centres as the ball would be in your hands the whole time. Put Jorge into cup and he wouldn't see the ball or play well.

Manly Junior said:
Alan said:
I could score 12 tries a year playing outside Killer.

your right. So happy to give the young guys a go and should be more of it as the other clubs are doing it. But really any young player will be scoring tries and playing well under our great halves and centres as the ball would be in your hands the whole time. Put Jorge into cup and he wouldn't see the ball or play well.

Wasn't having a go at anybody, just an observation, for every try our wingers score that requires a bit of work, they get two stroll overs.

Jorge has got it, but as I said in an earlier thread he just looks depressed to me. I think Hiku is a solid 1st grader but would struggle a bit in any other backline.

Gutho appears to be the real thing.

For the sake of debate, and originality (and for those unimpressed with Morrissey, Skunk, or Eraserhead)...

Gutho's nickname could be Lloyd (as in Lloyd Cole).

Sid and Peaches :D

[attachment=820]

Cosmo Gutho
il_fullxfull.370263870_r8lg.jpg

Ummm,

Do you think he blows the opposition away well enough to be called Monica, HM....?

Some time ago I saw on social media, he was referred to as Woody (Clint EastWOOD).

I have no idea what his actual nickname might be with the boys.

HappilyManly said:
woodywoodpecker

I actually think he looks like Woody Woodpecker.
Although JT sounds more like Woody :D

Ah, maybe that's closer to where ''Woody'' came from ..Or part of it at least.

And you're right; it does look like him...lol!

This list is growing like candidates in a local election.

Masked Eagle said:
Jorge has been playing injured all year. Remember he is wearing a shoulder brace which actually makes it uncomfortable for him to wear. That being said, he is ordinary under the high ball. One of the reasons for our premiership success in 2011 was the bomb taking ability of our wingers in Robbo & Hoppa and whilst it wasn't Jorge's fault last year our inability to deal with the high ball arguably was one of the main reasons that cost us a premiership (Hayne being the other). It highlights how much of an important part of the game it is. I think its still Jorge's spot for now, but having such an obvious weakness for the opposition to target isn't a good thing IMO, unless of course he improves and he'll have too because he is most definitely going to be targeted.

I disagree with the red above. Aside from Hayne the real reason we lost the GF was because the forwards hit the wall in the last 15 minutes and the Chooks marched downfield into a position where they could put up those kicks. If Kingy and or Fa'oso play in that GF we win by the 10 points we led by midway through the 2nd half.

I think he needs a spell in NSW Cup to regain a bit of form and build up his match fitness. but he is definitely in our best 17

So some good news.

Club reporting Gutho looks good to return. WIth Skivvy and Probably Taufua out this week will be good for him and blair to fill the wing spots (and hiku to centre).

They mentioned it here in the matai injury update:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/08/11/injury_update_matai_to_have_more_scans.html

Yeah the minute we mention being relatively good, depth-wise, injuries reoccur.

That's footy (the same for every club this time of year). And a chance for these other guys to impress.

Starling will be gone for a game now, too.

Hasson and Andrews step up please.

Eagles2nv said:
So some good news.

Club reporting Gutho looks good to return. WIth Skivvy and Probably Taufua out this week will be good for him and blair to fill the wing spots (and hiku to centre).

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/08/11/injury_update_matai_to_have_more_scans.html

Not sure if I would be so keen to move Hiku to left centre, given his success on the right side of the field this year.

Blair could be left centre with Gutherson on the wing.

Just my $0.02

Article spoke of 'Bert' Gutherson being able to run freely again after a 'broken foot' but does that mean he is fit to play? And is Tom Terrific back yet?

Eagles2nv said:
So some good news.

Why will Taufua be out this week?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8