Gutherson > Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
finch on clint leaving the field injured.....

Gutherson has gone up the tunnel with a bad ankle and a bad haircut.

teehee

different style of wingers for sure. can't wait till jorge gets back to his barnstorming best.

But..... hopefully there is an exciting future for clint at manly.

Can Gutherskunk play both sides? If so, Taufua and Gutho for me. Hiku isn't a winger IMO. Will be a good centre replacement when Lyon or Matai retire.

We may need to start the wringing of the hands again :s

centre Steve Matai — could well be released after receiving a huge offer from the New Zealand Warriors in the past 48 hours.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/the-manly-sea-eagles-have-beaten-the-wests-tigers-408-at-brookvale-oval/story-fni3gnk1-1226985975537

Gutho has played plenty of RHS wing and also fullback in the NYC and NSW Cup.

The fact that he has captained in most Junior SOO Teams, also speaks volumes of his footy brain. Hope that his foot is OK :angel:

I don't believe it so all is calm here. The opening few paragraphs of that 'story' are just crappily written.

Manly can never have a win without some drama, huge offer, ref bias, b/s review of some long ago loss.

These guys should be fiction writers (or their monkeys who are probably doing all the work)

Go Manly!

While I still think that Peta's best position is FB, I also that its pretty obvious the plan is that he'll end up in the centres and Gutherson will be our FB once Snake, Killer and Skivy are no longer playing.

Peta is definitely getting better on the wing, though his defence needs work. When he comes up to shut a play down, more often than not it leaves a gap outside (the Wolf was also guilty of this). At one point last night though (2nd half) after he'd done that not long before, Killer screamed at him to slide right instead.....and low and behold we shut the play down. Having someone with Killer's class and experience playing inside him will definitely help Hiku's game.

Just checked on NRL.com and Peta is currently equal second on the NRL try scoring list with 12 (jointly with Canberra's Jarrod Crocker) and 3 behind Radradra.

Morrissey reminds me of Dugan, just less tattoos and hopefully a few more IQ points. He'll be a wiry, long limbed awkward type to tackle once he fills out...all knees and elbows if you know what I mean. Looks to have that sort of innate balance on his feet that means he is difficult to knock over and can pinball through defences, ....bit like Brett Mullins as well.

HappilyManly said:
Gutho > Jorge - catches every ball and actually hits the line at full speed instead of sauntering :cool:

all except for that last one, the no look pass that Matai threw for him but he wasn't there :p

That was funny, especially from the stands as we could see the play unfold and were screaming at Matai - 'He's not there!!!!!' :p

Killer03 said:
That break Gutho made was superb, and he was only at half pace. He has an unusual style but he motors.

The other thing I got shocked about was he's a lot bigger than I thought he was. He's quite tall and not at all a bean pole. Sure he'll fill out a bit, but he's a prospect.

I was actually surprised how much bulk he's actually added.

He was seriously skinny on debut.

But you're right Killer. He'll still add a bit to his frame in the next pre-season.

And he's got good pace. Something we really need.

Gutho's ''godfather'' perhaps

Mebbe a bit more cutting-edge for him than Morrissey or Flock of Seagulls...

Eraserhead's a bit clunky for a nickname tho; and unfortunately I reckon ''Skunk'' is a chance of sticking!

Jorge has been playing injured all year. Remember he is wearing a shoulder brace which actually makes it uncomfortable for him to wear. That being said, he is ordinary under the high ball. One of the reasons for our premiership success in 2011 was the bomb taking ability of our wingers in Robbo & Hoppa and whilst it wasn't Jorge's fault last year our inability to deal with the high ball arguably was one of the main reasons that cost us a premiership (Hayne being the other). It highlights how much of an important part of the game it is. I think its still Jorge's spot for now, but having such an obvious weakness for the opposition to target isn't a good thing IMO, unless of course he improves and he'll have too because he is most definitely going to be targeted.

Guthersons first games in the top grade reminded me of when Foz first made the step up, confident in his abilities and in no way overawed.
I know it's early days but I get the feeling this kid could be great for us.

Gutho's truer ''godfather'' perhaps...

Not as New-Romantic as Flock of Seagulls or maudlin as Morrissey!

And I have a feeling ''Skunk'' will possibly end up sticking anyway.

Eraserhead's a bit clunky for a nickname.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2