Gutherson on the cheap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What has he done that is so wrong that Im less of a person for liking an ex Manly player / local jnr?
The same reason I am apparently "playing with something" simply because I don't care that he left to go and play with Parramatta. It's just a bit of fun!

In all seriousness though, once you sign with the Eels, you're the enemy so I wish him no success.

You don't need a photo, just look down; you do like Gutho do you not?!

You got me, but I know where mine are. But the ex wont give em back.

And yeah, gutho is going ok. Played wing, fullback centre and 5/8 this year and done did do a good job.

Yes but he didn't put on a "Masterclass" as some reports suggest
Nah his "Masterclass" was overshadowed by his horrible defence reads. He gave Gold Coast plenty of tries. His try for French was not a good kick either, it was way to deep luckily French is the fastest player in the comp with the help of a lucky bounce.

Always been a fan of guthersons, just a shame he could never keep himself on the park when given chances at nrl level..
happy to see him playing well this year and staying fit... would love to have him back... i find it laughable that in a season we are playing wiliame and wright regularly, and walker ,godinot, api and lyon at 6 so far, anyone on this site would scoff at having him back... ide take him in an instant over what we currently have to put up with

I see five eight as his spot. He oozes class. But not as big or as fast as other centres. Still not happy we let him go. He wouldnt come back cheaply. How much do we want him back?

PS we are building our next generation around Jake T. Gutherson has played all his junior footy, including junior rep footy with Jake.

That should have been reason enough to never let him go.

If him wanting to play Fullback and Tom T having that spot was the main issue. It is piss poor management by the club.

Sharks seemed to have promised Fullback to three blokes this year, let them all trial there and kept everyone happy, with Holmes and bird playing out wide.

We sure could have used Gutherson or Hiku in our backs this year.

I see five eight as his spot. He oozes class. But not as big or as fast as other centres. Still not happy we let him go. He wouldnt come back cheaply. How much do we want him back?
His defence alone is enough to keep him away from 5/8. I'd have him at fullback, that way he doesn't need to tackle that much. He has good ball skills and a nice short kicking game. But parra see him only as a winger. French is viewed as their long term fullback which I find hilarious, French has nothing more but pace and once they move him to fullback he is going to have to gain a few kg which will make him lose pace. He is only good due to his pace.

Bozo and TB told him to leave, even thou he had last year signed a 2 year extension. Smart guys Bozo and TB

PS we are building our next generation around Jake T. Gutherson has played all his junior footy, including junior rep footy with Jake.

That should have been reason enough to never let him go.

If him wanting to play Fullback and Tom T having that spot was the main issue. It is piss poor management by the club.

Sharks seemed to have promised Fullback to three blokes this year, let them all trial there and kept everyone happy, with Holmes and bird playing out wide.

We sure could have used Gutherson or Hiku in our backs this year.
Agree horrible management, the club must have thought Matai, Lyon and Stewart would all play another 4 years. Stupid. We could have waited a year for walker and kept hiku. Gutho has no future at manly if he wants fullback that is Toms spot.

His defence alone is enough to keep him away from 5/8. I'd have him at fullback, that way he doesn't need to tackle that much. He has good ball skills and a nice short kicking game. But parra see him only as a winger. French is viewed as their long term fullback which I find hilarious, French has nothing more but pace and once they move him to fullback he is going to have to gain a few kg which will make him lose pace. He is only good due to his pace.
Pace can be enough to make someone good turbo, James Roberts is making a living out of speed. I agree at the moment Guthersons is a turnstile in defence. But he too will also put on weight and get slower. The only thing I see different to you. Is I've seen enough skills in the halves and at full back from Gutherson over the years to say he is better then the average player.

These guys that aren't fast, aren't big, arent real tall and still aren't out of place in the NRL. You have to find a place for them, they have something which makes them very very good. They just read the game better then most. And you want the ball in their hands.

Pace can be enough to make someone good turbo, James Roberts is making a living out of speed. I agree at the moment Guthersons is a turnstile in defence. But he too will also put on weight and get slower. The only thing I see different to you. Is I've seen enough skills in the halves and at full back from Gutherson over the years to say he is better then the average player.

These guys that aren't fast, aren't big, arent real tall and still aren't out of place in the NRL. You have to find a place for them, they have something which makes them very very good. They just read the game better then most. And you want the ball in their hands.

His defence will improve.

But sadly his value would have only gone up this year. He won't be back.

Roberts isn't just fast, he is one of the strongest players in the NRL.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10