Good on the Cowboys!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So you're implying that Manly isn't a reasonably well coached side? We beat them convincingly with our coach so not really much to learn. Easier coaching the Cows when 90% of your team have been together for quite some time!
Not implying anything about our Coach at all, as I did point out that the Team is basically their Premiership winning Team from 2015 and that they have a good Coach.

Commentators seem to make the Cows Team out to be novices just because they are without 2 stars :nod:

My point was that Manly could learn about playing pressure footy from the Cows' Team - not trash talking their oponent to their own distraction, playing without key players and listening to their Coach :nod:

During the game I kept thinking how much the Cows were like Manly of 2011. Pure tradesman like in their execution :clap:

It just really shows
1. How weak the other 6 teams in the 8 were.
2. How much the Storm cheat to be so far ahead of the rest.
3. How much we were robbed of a chance at this.
4. How much our great team was robbed in 2013.

Certainly have to give full credit to the Cowboys and for their results in this final series to date . and i think that Happily Manly summed up the situation quite well in her previous post . For a long time i used to have a considerable grudge against the Cowboys for their defection to the Super League but this has abated quite a bit over time . I notice quite a few people with Cowboy jerseys and caps in my local area during a normal year and often and just in a light hearted way , offer a GO Manly comment in response . This week however i will just make a comment of , Hey, they have done very well and good luck , and every reason to be proud of your team .

They're very likeable without Thurston.

Morgan is amazing, he's probably in half what DCE is on.
My thoughts exactly. I can't stand them with turd in the team. Take him out and I actually like them. I worry they are going to get smashed next week tho as they will run out of steam. So many of their players are busted as well which makes this run even more impressive. Wihterstein could barely run last night. IMO If they win it will go down as one of the great underdog stories in the history of rugby league

Phenomenal effort by the Boys! Have previously been regarded as a team that struggles to win in Sydney but now they find themselves playing 4 straight finals in Sydney. Scraped into the 8 because of St Choke and had to scrap off against a tough Cronulla outfit in a tight affair. Very likeable team who most would like to see win next weekend. This is one of the gutsiest finals campaigns by a team ever and it would be unreal to see an 8th placed team winning 4 from 4 away from home against the toughest competition.

Storm on the other hand are heavily despised but they have worked very hard this season and would be most deserving of winning next weekend, but they still need to turn up. Amassed an incredible winning record during the regular season without being halted by the SOO series.

Next weekend will be a cracker. Storm should win but the Cowboys are a good chance if they turn up.

Can't help but admire them. Seem to have been playing busted for the last month, yet miraculously keep on keeping on. Now they've come this far, can they do it once more and with the incentive of the ultimate prize? They've certainly got the momentum which sure helps so I can't see why not.

Watching the control that Morgan is playing with at the moment is so entertaining. He is an absolute marvel that bloke.

The Cowboy are not firing blanks
They are the real deal.
Their efforts typified mental and physical toughness as well as quality performance .
Hats off to the Cowboys . They are in with a chance against the storm.

12373997.jpg

So Cows had 2 players on their cap that basically contributed nothing this season,where have I heard that before?Difference is they didn’t make excuses or came up with the soft response that they’ve gone further than everyone expected so it must be a successful season.

So Cows had 2 players on their cap that basically contributed nothing this season,where have I heard that before?Difference is they didn’t make excuses or came up with the soft response that they’ve gone further than everyone expected so it must be a successful season.
Our 2 players are retired, theres are not plus they are a much better side with those 2 in it while if we had Snake and Matai playing we would go backwards.

Its going to be Cowboys fairytale! Big Toddy approves of this fairytale script, im sure. It will be good for the rugby league community up there in QLD. JT & Scott out injured half the season, the odds against them, wow its an NRL fairytale! Toddy will love this outcome. A good result for the NRL channel 9.

Greenberg to Webster:

''Webby, its Toddles. I need an article mate. Something warm and fuzzy about the Cowboys. If you could crap on about how they are a fairytale story without JT blah blah blah fairytale fairytale etc etc that would be wonderful. Thanks''

Untitled.jpg

Greenberg to Webster:

''Webby, its Toddles. I need an article mate. Something warm and fuzzy about the Cowboys. If you could crap on about how they are a fairytale story without JT blah blah blah fairytale fairytale etc etc that would be wonderful. Thanks''

View attachment 6706
Baloney. The NRL needs the bad guy (Manly) up against the peoples team from the golden West (Parra). Look at the U20s. Its a preview for 2018 or 2019. Of course we'll get dudded by pinkos.

We; however, didn't get into the finals by default. They also didn't have a 40 player turnover in the last two years. No, they have basically kept their premiership team together whilst we have gone through the biggest turnover of players by any club in such a short timeframe (pretty much ever).

We; however, didn't get into the finals by default. They also didn't have a 40 player turnover in the last two years. No, they have basically kept their premiership team together whilst we have gone through the biggest turnover of players by any club in such a short timeframe (pretty much ever).
And whose fault was that?Im quite happy with how Manly went this season considering they had 5 or 6 players that contributed nothing to the team,not including Matai&Stewart.I just don’t like excuses or people saying”they went better than we expected”
If you settle with those expectations,you don’t improve.Mind you,I suspect the coach&players don’t walk around with that attitude

And whose fault was that?Im quite happy with how Manly went this season considering they had 5 or 6 players that contributed nothing to the team,not including Matai&Stewart.I just don’t like excuses or people saying”they went better than we expected”
If you settle with those expectations,you don’t improve.Mind you,I suspect the coach&players don’t walk around with that attitude
Not the players fault (turnover) and to a large degree I suspect not the coach's either.

You can't win premierships every year and to overcome such a massive turnover and finish 6th (up from 13th the year before) was acceptable given the circumstances.

The key is that the upward trend needs to continue to the point where we are a serious threat for the premiership next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10