Gifty being knocked out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
JWH is serial cheap-shot merchant.
IF he cut out all the crap and just played footy, he'd be as good as Fifita is on his day.

Attacking the head like that ain't on in any mans' language, and I hardly think Gift is " soft".

If King gets a week for his tackle - which was absolutely " soft " then Maria gets at least 3.

At least!

Jethro said:
MWSE said:
Just quietly Roosters fans proved to be massive peasants booing whilst he was carried from the field. Classless scum yet again.

They were booing all night and calling "Cheats, cheats" as well. I don't know whether they were referring to us or the referees or both.

Nah, they were just cheering their own team.

bones said:
Jethro said:
MWSE said:
Just quietly Roosters fans proved to be massive peasants booing whilst he was carried from the field. Classless scum yet again.

They were booing all night and calling "Cheats, cheats" as well. I don't know whether they were referring to us or the referees or both.
The chant was actually "chooks.... Chooks" (not cheats).

Yeah, that's what Jethro said. C- H- E- A -T -S - chooks. Spelt differently but pronounced the same. :p

Well Kingy got Grade 2 for hitting the bicep - lets see what the MRC rate this at :mad:

Gifty was the early target, got another across the chops - haven't seen the replay yet, but it was on the news. :mad:

When is the 18th Man being looked at on the Bench?
I was getting edgy in the last 20 minutes, with no respite for our hard working Players :angel:

It was high, reckless. Dangerous and made contact with the head. His send off last year for the hit on Rose was no worse.
If that was Matai it would be 8 weeks.

Don't worry JWH will go for a weeks Greenturd will see to that given next weeks game

It was great to see Matai step up to him near the end.
He must be half his size, but that did not stop him getting in JWH face :p

Meanwhile, Robinson anticipated prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves wouldn’t have a case to answer despite being placed on report for his shoulder coming into contact with Glenn Stewart’s head. The blow left Stewart concussed and unable to return to the field.
“It wasn’t even close to a shoulder charge,” Robinson said. ““It was in the right timing and it was unfortunate that Glenn couldn’t come back but it was in the motion [of a tackle].”
:huh:

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/trent-robinson-blasts-referee-after-loss-to-manly-20140328-zqo7e.html#ixzz2xI6CiRLD

The Wheel said:
Don't worry JWH will go for a weeks Greenturd will see to that given next weeks game

I think with SBW getting 3 weeks, then Maria will get 3-4minimum. They will take into account that Gifty was knocked out and didn't return…

Suck crap to Robinson he will be fuming…..

I agree with others. The NRL need to introduce an 18th man. Manly have a player KO illegally and the player doesn't return. Chooks besides player being put on report and a penalty remain with 17 players while Manly down to 16, where is the advantage? I hope this doesn't happen but Teams may start to target key players to enforce the KO rule.

Enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves ended up on report for an 18th minute shot that knocked Sea Eagles lock Glenn Stewart unconscious and ruled the veteran out for the rest of the match, but Robinson said he didn’t have an issue with the tackle or the ruling given by the referees.

"I thought it was in the right timing and it was unfortunate that Glenn couldn’t come back... It was just a normal tackle… it wasn’t within cooee of a shoulder charge."

from what I saw the First contact was shoulder to the head and then arms wrapped around 3 weeks with his poor record

We all know it takes something pretty bad to be sent off these days, so why not if you commit a foul act of play that warrants a penalty and being placed on report, if that player has to leave the field concussed or injured then the player committing the foul should also be made to leave the field and can only return if the injured player does. It also counts as an interchange for the penalised team, but not the team the foul was committed against. That way the team the offence happened against does get some benefit from losing a player rather than just the teams they play in the next few weeks if player winds up suspended.
I'd also be happy to see the injured player allowed to be replaced by an 18th man if they are unable to return. maybe you get 10-15 mins to make the call of returning or not, and if not, then the sub can be used. But have that only apply for either the first 40-50 minutes to avoid it being abused in the name of getting fresh legs in the run home.

bones said:
The chant was actually "chooks.... Chooks" (not cheats).
Well if they were chanting about themselves then they should have been saying "cheats" (not chooks):p

MWSE said:

Yeah I though that was disgusting. Just like last year when they booed Daly when receiving the Churchill Medal. Very poor show Roosters.

Andy1972
Manly Forever

It has to be very bad for them to send someone off nowadays, as it will ruin the game .
Perhaps one option is to have an 18th man, and the offending team loses the offender or one of the interchange players.

HappilyManly said:
Well Kingy got Grade 2 for hitting the bicep - lets see what the MRC rate this at :mad:

Gifty was the early target, got another across the chops - haven't seen the replay yet, but it was on the news. :mad:

When is the 18th Man being looked at on the Bench?
I was getting edgy in the last 20 minutes, with no respite for our hard working Players :angel:

The 18th man probably next season - it's a major change to rugby league rules and would have to through the RLIF to approve it.

Teams already have 4 reserves. That is enough. The problem can be fixed by sending off the player that did the illegal tackle, not adding a 18th player.

Jethro said:
MWSE said:
They were belatedly voicing their opinion regarding the refereeing in last year's Grand Final.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8