Gifty being knocked out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Thought that this deserves its own thread.

In my opinion Maria should have been sent off, or at a minimum sent to the bin.

I hope gifty is ok. That was a heavey hit, hopefully he deosnt have a broken jaw.

Its situations like this that really make you wish the NRL would introduce the 18th man rule. We were a man short for 70 minutes because that idiot knocked gift out.

Agree fully there. Was a sickening collision and Gift must've been busted to keep him off.

Hope he's good to go next week n Maria gets what he deserves.

18th man option is a fair and logical improvement the game needs.

Well if it is a concussion, at least we have a 9 day turn around so gifty can recover.

I agree, the winners are the scumdogs. Its not a fair system.

I was worried he had broken his jaw after I saw the replay and the way he stayed down. Hopefully that's not the case.

It was a pretty bad hit. If we are really being honest, it was a shoulder sharge to the head. He may have looked like he was attempting to wrap his right arm around Gifty during the tackle but it did not happen. Which meant Gifty got his shoulder square in the face. Good night Gifty.

JWH would have loading, yes?
A shoulder charge to the face + loading = 4 weeks? Am i off here?

Gifty was going great guns too. He looked like he had a point to make and until he was collected by JWH....he was proving it to me. I wish he could have played the whole 80! He was awesome tonight.

Sorry guys i love Manly like the rest of the fans on here but it kinda looked like the tackle Gift put on Fui Fui last week all bicep in a wrapping motion maybe I'm wrong but just my opinion hopefully he's okay fantastic effort by the boys go Manly.

I remember contact being made with the shoulder. It wasnt a classic shoulder charge, but you dont have to do a classic shoulder charge to be reported for them these days. It will be interesting to see what the match review committee come up with. Souths got George Burgess off last week. Perhaps this week the NRL's other favourite wanker team, the Roosters, will get one of their guys off

MWSE said:
Just quietly Roosters fans proved to be massive peasants booing whilst he was carried from the field. Classless scum yet again.

They were booing all night and calling "Cheats, cheats" as well. I don't know whether they were referring to us or the referees or both.

Stevo said:
What a bunch of precious soft cocks. That has never been anything than a penalty. We got the rub of the green. He'll get a couple of weeks. Leave it at that.

No, not good enough! He should be taken out the back and shot with a ball of Glenn's sh1t, then suspended and chemically castrated. Then he should be transferred to the Eels where he will still be their best forward and rewarded after each game with his choice of the prettiest female supporter with teeth. The narrow field to choose from will be his true punishment.

Forgive me mods....I'm pretty pissed :shy:

With Kingy getting a week for something hardly anyone noticed common sense would say maria gets a few weeks, with an additional week as punishment to the scumbag rorters fans that booed Gift walking off after copping a shoulder hit straight to the chin

I don't want to ever see an 18th man in league. Remember when players played for 80 mins. If u were injured u got subbed off and you werent come back. It used to be a battle of attrition/ fitness. The game would open up at the end. Less is more.

Jethro said:
MWSE said:
Just quietly Roosters fans proved to be massive peasants booing whilst he was carried from the field. Classless scum yet again.

They were booing all night and calling "Cheats, cheats" as well. I don't know whether they were referring to us or the referees or both.
The chant was actually "chooks.... Chooks" (not cheats).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6