GAME DAY - Manly v Titans [Round 18, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I read somewhere that the QLD government charges them $200k a game, no wonder they went belly up!!
Just shows you that the NRL way of thinking: "If we build it they will come" is flawed.
The state of the ground and the quality of the seating will always be a secondary consideration to the quality and performance of the team, and the passion of their fans.

S

Sorry, but I don;t understand. Are you saying it cost the Gold Coke $200,000 to hire the stadium?
On TV it certainly didn't look like a 9,000-plus crowd.
I can't understand why clubs inflate crowd numbers. What's the benefit to them?
Exactly, they pay $200k per game, when you take into account that they were almost giving away tickets and membership tickets at the start of the season and that most of the titans fans would be members and not paying for tickets each week it's an expensive exercise to have a home game for them

Always good to have a win but even better to read the:

When we lose Poster "A" says:

"Sack players a,b,c,d,e,f, etc and fire the coach..."

Have a win Poster "A" says:

Re-sign players a,b,c,d,e,f, etc and give coach a lifetime contract...they are all wonderful!

Good things!

Last edited:

Re-sigh players a,b,c,d,e,f, etc and give coach a lifetime contract...they are all wonderful!

Good things!
Ok enough with the codes, who are players a to f that we are signing????

Re-sigh players a,b,c,d,e,f, etc and give coach a lifetime contract...they are all wonderful!

Good things!

Ok enough with the codes, who are players a to f that we are signing????
Not sure about player a, b or f but we've already signed the player d c e.

Good things!
I thought the accepted manner of bowing out gracefully was to "crash your hard drive" and "lose all your passwords" then rejoin under another name..

Not that anyone on here would do that of course!

Glad to see Jamie looks to be injury-free! He made nene McDonald look like a plodding prop when he put that move on him, and then burned him with pace.

I had the impression Jamie had slowed up a bit this year but he proved me wrong.

S

Sorry, but I don;t understand. Are you saying it cost the Gold Coke $200,000 to hire the stadium?
On TV it certainly didn't look like a 9,000-plus crowd.
I can't understand why clubs inflate crowd numbers. What's the benefit to them?
The NRL KPI on crowds is the reason they all inflate.
By 2017, the NRL want 20k per game, yet they are inflating the prices and scheduling on weeknights :mad:

There is nothing wrong with counting ticketed Members as they in fact have paid for their seats. But I would be surprised if the Titans had thousands of 10 Game Season Ticketed Members @:rolleyes:

By 2017, the NRL want 20k per game, yet they are inflating the prices and scheduling on weeknights :mad:

There is nothing wrong with counting ticketed Members as they in fact have paid for their seats. But I would be surprised if the Titans had thousands of 10 Game Season Ticketed Members @:rolleyes:
I'd be surprised if they're allowed to count ticketed members that don't show up. If it's possible why don't souths have at least 25000 there each week?

I've got a 3 game ticket this year, and I'm sure manly isn't counting me as being at games that I don't attend??

This weekend against the Cowgirls will be a much bigger test of where we are right now. Yes our forwards won last nights battle and gave our backs the room to move that they crave.....but being honest the Tits were crap last night.

Even if the game is at Brookie, beating the Cowgirls will give a lot more credibility than beating what was offered as opposition last night.

I'd be surprised if they're allowed to count ticketed members that don't show up. If it's possible why don't souths have at least 25000 there each week?

I've got a 3 game ticket this year, and I'm sure manly isn't counting me as being at games that I don't attend??
Souths don't have 25k full seat memberships .
This practice has been reported, and Clubs even include Corporates.

One thing for sure us that Titans and Rorters crowds are not all physically present at the games @:cool:

Got this quote from someone calling themselves Titanic (pretty apt lol) on the Titans fan forum.....best quote in their game day thread.

"Even worse, in the eyes of the league world DCE made the right decision. Who would want to join our rabble even for a million a season?"

Maybe. They were giving them away and selling them dirt cheap at the start of the season due to being broke, the Cocaine scandal and Greg bird.

When you consider everything, last nights crowd of just over 9,600 wasn't so bad really. It was a Monday night which almost always has the weeks smallest attendance. The Titans are lousy right now so for them to draw a decent crowd would be stretching it. It was bloody cold, even for the Gold Coast, and school was back on in Qld from yesterday and getting families to the game on a school night isn't easy.

Still, when half the crowd is made up of those supporting an opposition team from Sydney its not a good look.

Historically, teams on the Gold Coast (Giants/Seagulls/Chargers and the Titans) only really draw a decent crowd when they are playing the Donkeys. Otherwise they struggle to draw dick.

Maybe. They were giving them away and selling them dirt cheap at the start of the season due to being broke, the Cocaine scandal and Greg bird.

Fans were told they had to line up for their memberships. Unfortunately, most of them took that the wrong way. :rofl:

This weekend against the Cowgirls will be a much bigger test of where we are right now. Yes our forwards won last nights battle and gave our backs the room to move that they crave.....but being honest the Tits were crap last night.

Even if the game is at Brookie, beating the Cowgirls will give a lot more credibility than beating what was offered as opposition last night.

Agree this week will be the real test

But I think our boys have a few teams that they will wanting to return serve for early season losses

Cowboys , Broncos, Souths and Eels.

Saying all that going to be one heck of a game next Monday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8