GAME DAY - Manly v Titans [Round 18, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's obviously seen the light and is now taking his pointers from the Silvertails coaching ironstines! Iol
Maybe Bozo (or Des) has told him to open his eyes and watch some highlight reels from the good old days, when the likes of Spittles Dunley and L'Stranger were on the interchange bench.

Fox sports just said that our win last night was the titans largest ever loss at home. They were absolute **** tonight, we were in first gear the whole time #avoidthespoon

Great result but **** me those titans were awful. I didn't think we played well at all but let's just be grateful for the two points.
Completely agree with this.
I thought it was a really ordinary game tonight. It looked like slow motion compared to many games I have seen this year. Rarely see such a soft game. The Titans were awful and didn't come alive until the last 3 minutes. Perhaps Manly had packed up shop already.
I guess who cares - manly won, and no injuries. Take that any time.
NYEagle

image.jpg
Went to the game tonight, and out of the quoted 9600, at least 5000 would've been manly fans, so every time they tried to boo cherry it was barely a dull roar. Great game by all, Stewart was awesome and mateo had a good game. Why the hell the nrl bailed themout is beyond me.

i think some kudos have to go to manly for titans being so awful. Yes they had no halves, but Titans have always troubled manly with their many speedsters always jagging long range tries out of nothing. Not tonight, defensive line was was solid.

Interesting point.....As I said earlier tonight, Tommy T was pretty good tonight (only went for one silly intercept but Killer saved it with a great tackle). It might be hard for Hiku to force his way back into this backline the way its going.

Both aren't the best defensively, on the wing at least. Tommy has him for pace but Hiku has more experience

Defends on which way Tooves goes I guess but I can still see Tommy making way for Hiku at some point....unless he keeps scoring doubles every week.

Have to LOL at one guy on Facebook. He's blowing up because he had Tom Trbojevic to score the first and last tries of the game and Peteru's try meant he lost his money :rofl:

And I don't know if its just me but Tooves seems a lot more relaxed right now. Maybe its because we have nearly everyone back from injury and we're starting to win again, or maybe its because he knows what's happening next year with himself (not coaching Manly but possibly the Kangaroos) so a lot of the pressure has been lifted. But in the post match presser he seemed rather relaxed.

Last edited:
The Titans paid $200,000 for us to come up and win in that stadium, thats about $22 per person that was ALLEGEDLY there. Now that is a sad story.

View attachment 2008 Went to the game tonight, and out of the quoted 9600, at least 5000 would've been manly fans, so every time they tried to boo cherry it was barely a dull roar. Great game by all, Stewart was awesome and mateo had a good game. Why the hell the nrl bailed themout is beyond me.
The had the microphone in front of the one bloke that booed the loudest lol..

I forgot to post my pre game prediction in this thread but honestly guys I had Manly by 32, Tommy T first try and Peteru last try scorer!!!

Seriously great game from our forwards the backs will get the accolades but the big fellas played outstanding. Jake, Willie, Starling and Burgess carted it forward all night. Horo and Symonds (great in defence as well) looked threatening every run. Feleti showed off those silky skills, thought he played some tough footy as well, loved that dummy out all game got him one on one with his man. Yeah we directed a lot at the little fella Mortimer but it was a clear game plan and if we can execute like that every game we will be posting a lot more W's.

Last edited:
Went to the game tonight, and out of the quoted 9600, at least 5000 would've been manly fans, so every time they tried to boo cherry it was barely a dull roar.

Well the broadcaster made sure that the boo's came through load and clear on the telecast. And if Manly fans were cheering...they turned that way down!

S
The Titans paid $200,000 for us to come up and win in that stadium, thats about $22 per person that was ALLEGEDLY there. Now that is a sad story.
Sorry, but I don;t understand. Are you saying it cost the Gold Coke $200,000 to hire the stadium?
On TV it certainly didn't look like a 9,000-plus crowd.
I can't understand why clubs inflate crowd numbers. What's the benefit to them?

Well the broadcaster made sure that the boo's came through load and clear on the telecast. And if Manly fans were cheering...they turned that way down!

Yes agree with that, but I thought they might be amplifying the boos a bit as any game I've been to there Manly fans were far greater in numbers.

S

Sorry, but I don;t understand. Are you saying it cost the Gold Coke $200,000 to hire the stadium?
On TV it certainly didn't look like a 9,000-plus crowd.
I can't understand why clubs inflate crowd numbers. What's the benefit to them?

I read somewhere that the QLD government charges them $200k a game, no wonder they went belly up!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8