LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Rabbitohs Rd 16, 2015 [1295890]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We seemed to have a plan in the first half where the forwards would run in small groups and offload it two or three times to run it a little wider (ala, the doggies a couple of seasons ago). And it seemed to be working well. Why did we go from this to one out hit ups in the second and persist when it obviously wasn't working? The Souths defence just rushed us and gang tackled the one off runners. It was just mind-boggling to watch the change after half time.

Hasson - 9 runs for only 58 metres, 14 tackles and 2 missed tackles.

Add to that the fact that he killed at least 3 attacking raids in the first half with hopeless runs, the dropped ball plus the missed tackle on George Burgess which led to a Vermin try.

Souffs should pay him tonight's match fee.

Starling wasn't much better. 6 runs for 49 metres, 15 tackles and 2 missed. Like I said, I don't think he's fit. Over his injury yes, but definitely not fit.

We seemed to have a plan in the first half where the forwards would run in small groups and offload it two or three times to run it a little wider (ala, the doggies a couple of seasons ago). And it seemed to be working well. Why did we go from this to one out hit ups in the second and persist when it obviously wasn't working? The Souths defence just rushed us and gang tackled the one off runners. It was just mind-boggling to watch the change after half time.
To me as soon as we subbed Jake T it all changed
I think too only Sao was the only forward to come off the bench that made a difference

Grrrrrrr, stoopid mixo's, stoopid refs and well, just plain stoopid game.....!

I really wanted a win tonight and now I am very, very angry..............! We made some very simple errors tonight and it was infuriating to watch and not forgetting to mention the utter crap officiating, the mixo's were off side so many times I lost count and can anyone explain to Ceccin what a forward pass is please...........further infuriating. :mad:

Last edited:
Our defence was very poor again tonight, as it has been all season, there is something systematically wrong with it, and effort and intensity will only take you so far. We work our arses off for 20 mins, finally break through and within minutes concede. Okay fair enough it came from an error, but this has been happening week in week out. Even last week Manly were well on top, score first and applying all the pressure and then all of a sudden Tigers walk in for two.

It's not our size, a smaller pack last year held a South's pack containing Burgess and Teo'o to take the game home by 2.

It's not that Souths are simply a better team - as I said we conceded 20 points against Tigers last week and our points differential speaks for itself.

The amount of games we've been in this year and been competing and applying pressure and just getting on top only to not get over the line and the opposition walk down the other end and score at the first opportunity, it's becoming a weekly routine. We are so weak, and the knock-on effect of poor defence is not only conceding points but penalties.

People having a go at young Turbo, yeh he made a few poor choices tonight, but I don't know of any natural winger ever to automatically have the skill of always choosing when it's right to come in or stay wide on your man. That is hands down the most difficult aspect defensively wingers have to master, and they always need their centre as back-up in that situation which Tom didn't get tonight. He's not even a winger! The problem occurs far earlier than when Souths have the overlap running at Tom on his back foot forcing him to make a play for the ball. He deserves a bit of slack, it is the responsibility of the senior players and coaches to help him with that.. and as each week passes and we see the same team, the same tactics, the same problems and the same results, the more I am convinced Tooves isn't the guy to do it.

We have nothing in attack. Old moves and the odd bit of individual brilliance. Where is the strategy?

The only strategy Tooves knows is the strategy he inherited from Des! Can't expect a coach to adapt to a new strategy, with new moves that are in line with the games evolution while also complimenting his players best attributes; and when he is a coach who has inherited a successful team and a successful strategy, where all he has had to do over his tenure as coach is to maintain that success! But his key players that have carried him through their success and upon their coat-tails will soon be ready for retirement, and as great a player as Tooves was or how much bleeds Manly, he is still a coach who has exhausted all his playing knowledge and experiences onto his own players and is now past his coaching expiry date and is unfortunately now out of his depth!

surprised no one is blowing up about vermins first try in 2nd half 2 forward passes no try ruling over ruled gotta be an investigation

My match report : I was out at ANZ

Souths were offside all night but no one penalty for it.

The 1st half we were playing really strong had the bunnies running from side to side throwing it around and making meters. Then came the second half and once Souths got that 1st try in the second half we were gone - the body language you could tell dropped.

Errors in the second half and miss tackles cost us dearly. Even though Tom T was found out a few times tonight he is learning and only early 20's I think played a strong game.

We just ran out of steam in that second half. Still think we will beat them later on in a month and bit when they play us at brookvale.

Frustrating game to be at but the effort was there just poor execution let us down.

Simply just not our year.

Just watched the presser was interesting that both Snake and Toovs questioned a few of the decisions so now will be interesting if Greenturd questions our comments as i take it your not suppose to question referee's at the presser anymore

The Iro brothers
Peta Iro
Each to their own. I find it hard to be critical of players that have made NRL level. Yes, they may have some off games as even the champion players do, but people with a lot more experience than me put them there and people with absolutely no expertise make judgment on their performance. All personal opinion I guess.

Does alright for New Zealand. World cup fullback wasn't it?

One main difference in Hiku's game from when he's playing with Manly and when he's playing for NZ is exactly that, when players are playing for their country they seem to grow an extra leg and play out of their skin! I mean wouldn't it be great to have Foz play for Manly like he does when he plays for NZ? (Maybe not now, but you get my point)

Another major factor in Hiku's game from when he's playing for Manly and when he's playing for his country, is quite simply the coach factor! Kearny obviously knows what makes Hiku tick and knows how to get his best game out of him and Tooves doesn't!

One main difference in Hiku's game from when he's playing with Manly and when he's playing for NZ is exactly that, when players are playing for their country they seem to grow an extra leg and play out of their skin! I mean wouldn't it be great to have Foz play for Manly like he does when he plays for NZ? (Maybe not now, but you get my point)

Another major factor in Hiku's game from when he's playing for Manly and when he's playing for his country, is quite simply the coach factor! Kearny obviously knows what makes Hiku tick and knows how to get his best game out of him and Tooves doesn't!
he also has a monster pack for nz as well

Kearney coached the squeels to a wooden spoon, Tooves coached Manly to a grand final.Apples with oranges!

Hiku said recently he loves Tooves. If Hiku loves his coach and obviously Tooves loves him to give him the goal kicking over Feleti, surely Hiku would be giving his all.

That's classic U20's right there! All attack and no defense!!
Many 20's don't learn how to properly defend and tackle until they graduate from the 20's and start playing real footy week in and week out against the men!!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing watching him tonight. Very motivated and astute offensively, but doesn't match that defensively yet. And I think the intercept focus illustrates that well. Anyway, excited to watch his development and should definitely remain in the team to grow and learn

I was at the game and from what I saw, the team as a whole was very unmotivated. Scoffs weren't either which resulted in a boring game. The difference was that scoffs were capable / willing to turn it on for 15mins to win the game.

Very disappointing effort from the boys as a collective. Some good individual efforts but last time I checked its a team game. I thought the boys would be up for it tonight given the importance.

Sadly, as much as I support Toovey, whilst ever he persists on selecting Hasson I cannot keep faith in his ability to coach.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8