GAME DAY - Manly v Eels [Round 24, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm absolutely gutted.
Yeah that's season over. No need to yell and scream any more forget about it and move on it's a long off season.
I thought the effort wasn't really there, but it's just impossible to play with a cake of soap, and Parra once they had the lead just kept defending good on them.
It's sad, I loved this cast of characters this year and wanted so much to join in the semi final ride with these guys, but alas not. Even our luck run out, not that Manly had a fair share this year.
Time to concentrate on other things now.
NYEagle

No, but he interchanged Hasson in 15 minutes in. He didn't play Lawrence / Symonds. He has selected Hiku over Trbojevic every chance. His defensive structure both around the ruck and wing play is appauling. More telling, our attitude tonight and last week was deplorable. He selected four props, and had 0 back-up plan for Ballin. He allowed Ballin to come back on when he shouldn't have. Arthur and his Eels beat us pretty well every time.

Should I go on?
You privy to what the medical staff told him

Booo! So much to play for and we let the Season flicker out :mad::(
Yeah. I didn't think we would make the finals regardless but to lose it this way was depressing. If anything, I was expecting a good, close game against the Roosters to be the one we lost but playing this poorly against that team was tough to watch.

No, but he interchanged Hasson in 15 minutes in. He didn't play Lawrence / Symonds. He has selected Hiku over Trbojevic every chance. His defensive structure both around the ruck and wing play is appauling. More telling, our attitude tonight and last week was deplorable. He selected four props, and had 0 back-up plan for Ballin. He allowed Ballin to come back on when he shouldn't have. Arthur and his Eels beat us pretty well every time.

Should I go on?

JT had done 14 tackles, if he didn't rest him then he would of had no petrol left in the tank at the back end of the game.
2V is not the defence coach.
Hiku played didn't have a bad game and has played well the last few weeks.
DCE wasn't composed tonight and losing Ballin hurt us and was just unlucky. Balling coming back on would not of been 100% his call

I actually thought just before kickoff, with the old boys around, that this looked like a distraction.
I know this should be the opposite and they should give the players a lift, but I just got that feeling at the time.
This isn't an excuse by any means. They played poorly. May not of helped that very ordinary start.

Should I go on?

@HappilyManly I'd love you to tell me in an analytical way where I was wrong here? Why do you disagree? Honestly, any points.....if you can't, then your just being an A-hole disagreeing for no reason.

List where I have written something wrong?

I don't know how anyone can blame Toov's for that any player should be able to get themselves up for a game that hinges on your season if a player can't he shouldn't be playing first grade

the 10m today was a joke though. their were times when dce got the ball and parra were already up in his face. couldn't get any roll on at all, or any momentum.the refs should of blown the whistle quite a few times for offside and hold downs.

JT had done 14 tackles, if he didn't rest him then he would of had no petrol left in the tank at the back end of the game.
2V is not the defence coach.
Hiku played didn't have a bad game and has played well the last few weeks.
DCE wasn't composed tonight and losing Ballin hurt us and was just unlucky. Balling coming back on would not of been 100% his call

You see how many tackles some of those Bulldogs forwards get who play big minutes, and are much older? I don't buy that. So your telling me Toovey isn't the defense coach and doesn't get a say when / if Ballin comes back on?

It was just an ambush in the wet, disjointed dummy half. We can't blame anyone, they really tried hard out there. Guilty of going wide too early a few times, sure. Bad luck boys.

all we can do know is win our last 2 games and hope st george lose one of their games. but even then, for and against is against us.

the 10m today was a joke though. their were times when dce got the ball and parra were already up in his face. couldn't get any roll on at all, or any momentum.the refs should of blown the whistle quite a few times for offside and hold downs.
The refs weren't that great tonight and I loathed how they stopped the game for Semi being down with just a hard hit but not for Ballin when he was down in Parra's half and they scored the same set. But to be honest, we were never going to win this with the way we played. I don't like Gordon Tallis and his terrible input in commentary but when he said that Manly aren't playing to the conditions on Triple M, I have to agree.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8