GAME DAY - Manly v Eels [Round 24, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
BJ hasn't played for ages, why bring him back now? reports were he was terrible in NSW Cup when he did play.
His coming back from a back injury.
We have a weak pack this year. and again as reported we all know toovey didnt get a say on the forwards we recruited. We have lost King, Stewart and Watmough in one year and we haven't replaced it with the same amount of class.
I don't care about Trent robinson, anyone could coach the roosters with thier $20 million dollar team.
Never knock back a BJ.

But what are the issues in the forwards that weren't addressed?
For me I think the team tried too hard. There seemed to be effort for most of the game. We lacked Composure. There were plenty of missed opportunities.

Nah, there were times when I was screaming at the players to get back into the defensive line, or play the ball quicker. Meteo, who I love as a player, had such a poor game.

Did you hear Wally Lewis sprouting about how the Eels forwards were getting twice that of ours per set?

It's attitude mate - attitude and game plan. Our forwards got touched by the opposition, they went into the fetal position. That's soft. No leg drive. Tooves might not be technical as a coach, but I read that he's a motivator, and tonight, even that failed.

Hey Rusty
Spot on!
Had exactly the same feeling!.
I thought the same thing just before kickoff. Imagine being a footy player and seeing all your heroes before the game and talking with them it must affect concentration on the game at hand. My god they couldn't even wait for all these blokes to file away from the sidelines before kickoff!.
Some of the players must have been thinking - wow every player I ever idolised is just over there right now.
Big mistake by the club IMO.
NYEagle

And fancy putting in a performance like that in front of your idols. Must be a gut-wrenching feeling in the sheds this afternoon.

all we can do know is win our last 2 games and hope st george lose one of their games. but even then, for and against is against us.
Even the most optimistic of people would struggle to see us beating the rorters next week based on that display, great effort to get to where we are after our dismal start but as much as I'd love to see it I think it's over for us, why did it have to be against those mongrels out of all the teams in the comp, disastrous and disappointing !!!

God that was a hard game to watch. It was so frustrating. Poor buggers just didn't have it in them today, coupled with the wet weather and the first few minutes of the game all being Parra's possession. I have this theory (and it probably doesn't stack up to much) but as soon as the opponent puts 4 or 6 on the board before we do, I immediately get a bad feeling about the game.

Anyway the only good thing to come out of this game is I put $100 on Parramatta at $7.00 (I think it was $7.00 anyway). Give me a Manly win any day though.

Even the most optimistic of people would struggle to see us beating the rorters next week based on that display, great effort to get to where we are after our dismal start but as much as I'd love to see it I think it's over for us, why did it have to be against those mongrels out of all the teams in the comp, disastrous and disappointing !!!

Well said, sir. We'll probably come out and flog the Roosters next week, cause we have nothing to play for anymore. Aaah well....another reason to hate the Eels.

God that was a hard game to watch. It was so frustrating. Poor buggers just didn't have it in them today, coupled with the wet weather and the first few minutes of the game all being Parra's possession. I have this theory (and it probably doesn't stack up to much) but as soon as the opponent puts 4 or 6 on the board before we do, I immediately get a bad feeling about the game.

Anyway the only good thing to come out of this game is I put $100 on Parramatta at $7.00 (I think it was $7.00 anyway). Give me a Manly win any day though.

You put a 100 bucks on the Eels @:eek:
Chief, is that you?

DCE looked pretty happy after the game tbh. He was laughing up a storm on the field. I think that's a really poor look tbh, in a game that kills off your season.

Yeah, I was projecting how I would be feeling if I was one of the players. DCE is a very different breed.

I don't know how anyone can blame Toov's for that any player should be able to get themselves up for a game that hinges on your season if a player can't he shouldn't be playing first grade
Really, so you don't think it's up to the coach to get the team "up" for the game? You know, like Hasler got the dogs up and has done every season at this time of the season.

The utterly mindless defence of Toovey as a coach is just sad. Toovey is a club legend, a great bloke and an all time hero of mine, but he isn't a first grade quality coach.

The refs weren't that great tonight and I loathed how they stopped the game for Semi being down with just a hard hit but not for Ballin when he was down in Parra's half and they scored the same set. But to be honest, we were never going to win this with the way we played. I don't like Gordon Tallis and his terrible input in commentary but when he said that Manly aren't playing to the conditions on Triple M, I have to agree.

They should never, never have stopped the play for Semi. We had momentum and our attack was ready to pounce. Nothing happened to Semi, he stayed down like a dog and miraculously got up after play had stopped. The worms are cheats on and off the field......!

We have looked real good in the dry of late, but we were horrible in the wet today and I knew it wouldn't suit our style of play. Its suppose to be another wet rainy game on friday as well against the roosters. rotten luck

geeez, do the 20+ year old grown men get any flack for their attitude, poor display and decisions during the game in attack or defence. For those that blame this all on Toovey are people with little idea. Lyon had some poor reads, and threw a pass during a half break that wasn't on. Dropping the ball in the opposition 20, Foran let's a winger go through him from dummy half for a try. DCE was off his game, especially with kicking, the guys couldn't hold the ball, stupid penalties at crucial times etc etc.

Yet 2, 3, 4 weeks ago they were brilliant. Today, with their season on the line, they were crap! They tried, but they were poor. This is player attitude and has been all year. Yes injuries haven't helped.

Coaches are still responsible, and maybe it's time for a new head coach - i have no issues with that, but please let's not go down the 'this is all Tooveys fault'.

Wow, I
Hey Rusty
Spot on!
Had exactly the same feeling!.
I thought the same thing just before kickoff. Imagine being a footy player and seeing all your heroes before the game and talking with them it must affect concentration on the game at hand. My god they couldn't even wait for all these blokes to file away from the sidelines before kickoff!.
Some of the players must have been thinking - wow every player I ever idolised is just over there right now.
Big mistake by the club IMO.
NYEagle

Wow, I was at the game and we all thought the old boys being there was a great initiative. I hope they do it again.

If getting paid big $$$ for playing footy, playing in front of your home crowd and club legends and also playing to keep your finals hopes alive isn't enough for them to play for then what is? We can't blame the weather or the refs. It was wet for both teams today and the 10m was rubbish for both teams.

We just looked flat today, there was no energy and our attitude was poor. We sucked and deserved to lose.

Where was that team that stood up when we played Souths or Brisbane a few weeks ago?

Last edited:
They walked through us tonight whether it be on the wing or a winger through the forwards for a try. I just don't understand the head space they we're in. Surely they were pumped for the game. That's all they've got to think about all week. It's not as if they've got a second job and train in their spare time. 100% focus is a must for such an important game.

I am still gutted after that lose, I have gone for a long walk outside, (still sunny here in WA) to try and let off some steam...........but I am still fuming big time....!! :mad:

I guess I am just very passionate and that performance simply was not good enough from our boys and was well below average........and to know that we have the players that could have put a cricket score on the worms today.....makes it further disappointing. :(

I am still gutted after that lose, I have gone for a long walk outside, (still sunny here in WA) to try and let off some steam...........but I am still fuming big time....!! :mad:

I guess I am just very passionate and that performance simply was not good enough from our boys and was well below average........and to know that we have the players that could have put a cricket score on the worms today.....makes it further disappointing. :(

Very disappointed too .......

Mate I went for a walk on the east coast. I feel ya pain. We could have vented together if we were on the same side of the country.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10