GAME DAY - Manly v Eels [Round 24, 2015] Toovey Farewell Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I wouldn't have minded if we lost to the roosters. Even the damn sharks are in the top 5 and to loose to them is no bad thing. But to go out against Parra. :cry::cry: Even worse wil be if we come out and smash the roosters.
Mate it'll be too little too late. We lost this season a while ago.

Really, so you don't think it's up to the coach to get the team "up" for the game? You know, like Hasler got the dogs up and has done every season at this time of the season.

The utterly mindless defence of Toovey as a coach is just sad. Toovey is a club legend, a great bloke and an all time hero of mine, but he isn't a first grade quality coach.
Give it a rest. Killer had a crap game but we aren't sticking the boot in. Toovey is gone just give him your support for what time he has left. It was a poor performance but let's move along.

I wouldn't have minded if we lost to the roosters. Even the damn sharks are in the top 5 and to loose to them is no bad thing. But to go out against Parra. :cry::cry: Even worse wil be if we come out and smash the roosters.
That's exactly how feel. It became apparent to me during the Raiders game that the pressure of having to show up every week was really taking it's toll (it happens). All I hoped was that we didn't fall over in this game, that Parramatta wouldn't be 'responsible' for ending our season. I could have handled the Roosters beating us but this hurt.
No need to blame. I love my team and I love Tooves.

ok we lost & it sucks...
Still proud of the effort we have put in over the last weeks.
Always thought we would lose one on the way to the semis...
Just didn't think it would be against the slime.
We are still in this! Now just have to win the next two & Dragqueens to drop one...
Still possible.
But even if we don't make it... Thanks guys for allowing us to believe in this season from hell

If you complete only 23 of your 42 sets you are no chance,.they way we fritted the ball away was crazy, there was no composure or plan, just trying to score off every ruck when what was needed was getting repeat sets. We have really struggled all year with our ball control and indiscipline and really Parra were adequate and we were woeful.

Really, so you don't think it's up to the coach to get the team "up" for the game? You know, like Hasler got the dogs up and has done every season at this time of the season.

The utterly mindless defence of Toovey as a coach is just sad. Toovey is a club legend, a great bloke and an all time hero of mine, but he isn't a first grade quality coach.
Your messiah didn't get the Manly team up in 2009 and 2010, nor the Dogs in 2013.

If you complete only 23 of your 42 sets you are no chance,.they way we fritted the ball away was crazy, there was no composure or plan, just trying to score off every ruck when what was needed was getting repeat sets. We have really struggled all year with our ball control and indiscipline and really Parra were adequate and we were woeful.
. You are right and that's why I blame the halves

. You are right and that's why I blame the halves
Your halves need to get the job done and today it didnt happen, there have been about 4 or 5 games like todays one and we have come up short in closing out games, hopefully next year DCE will get better and do this for Manly more effectively. Foran did well with the try he created but to allow that try from dummy half well I was stunned I have never seen Foran put in such a weak effort especially after Matai had done so well in the previous tackle.

I never ever throught I would see Foran do that.

Gutted, just gutted. To go down so meekly to the slime is sickening. No results going our way, bull**** suspensions and then that sht aweful weather come in just seemed everything was conspiring against the fairy tale finish. Just no brains out there today. Wouldn't you be concentrating on a kicking game to keep them pinned in their own half. It was bullsht. No grubber kicks to the in goal to force errors and line drop out. It was sht tactics and dumb sht game of plan.

I was out there today standing in the rain with the other 11,000 victims. We can't blame Willie not being there. Or injuries. The Slime had plenty of players out.

I'm not going to criticise the effort. There was not one player out there today not putting in.
But some things were just frustrating to watch.

We really ignored the conditions as was evidenced by the amount of dropped ball. They were the great leveller today. In the dry, we would have cut them to pieces. But as they say......shoulda, coulda, woulda......didn't.

The loss of Ballin hurt. And I don't agree that Hodges should have been on the bench just in case. He would have been more than useless in those conditions.

The Slime jumped the gun all day. They got back 10 most times but were a good 2 metres offside by the time the ball had been played.

DCE's kicking game was a shocker. The grubber behind the line was on all day and he continually went to the air. The one time he kicked at the post, it almost came off. Extremely unlucky not to score. He'll win us more games than play poor ones but we really needed a rudder out there today and he just wasn't the guiding influence we needed.

Oh well, mathematically we can still make it.........which of course means we won't. (But I'll be stoked to be proven wrong)

Your halves need to get the job done and today it didnt happen, there have been about 4 or 5 games like todays one and we have come up short in closing out games, hopefully next year DCE will get better and do this for Manly more effectively. Foran did well with the try he created but to allow that try from dummy half well I was stunned I have never seen Foran put in such a weak effort especially after Matai had done so well in the previous tackle.

I never ever throught I would see Foran do that.

Let's hope we see a bunch of it in 2016.

It was a bludger of a game. The weather was shyte, they were shyte and we were shyte. Disappointing way for our season to end

Don't critique Toovey or the blinded mob will attack you

No.....we should listen to you instead. You clearly know everything there is to know about coaching and rugby league.

Go and play in the middle of the road.

@Ryan,
You're right. It was a **** game plan from Tooves:
1. Instead of Manly having 39% possession for the entire game, his game plan should have been to have 61% possession.
2. Instead of completing 25 from 41 sets, the game plan should have been to complete 41, and not drop those balls.
3. Instead of telling DCE to continually kick dead, or to kick on the full to the fullback, he should have told him to kick into the in-goal and to find the grass like he normally does.
4. Instead of telling normally reliable handlers like DCE and Jake to repeatedly spill the ball, he should have told them to have ball security.
5. Instead of telling DCE to hit the post with the cross kick that would have won the game, he should have told him to miss the post.
6. Instead of playing Mateo who you said had a shocker, he should have played Lawrence like you suggested. He should have ignored that Lawrence is injured and not yet competitive in NSW Cup - to the point that he didn't even play at all this weekend. And Manly would have been much better off without Mateo's 17 hitups (most by any player), 129 metres (most by any player), and 32 tackles (third highest by any player). Who needs go-forward and defence in this game anyway?
7. He should have played Turbo, not Hiku. He should have ignored the fact that Turbo was ruled unfit with a knee injury and that Hiku was again one of the best for Manly.
8. He shouldn't have picked Hasson who scored the individual try that got Manly back into the game.
Do I need to go on?

It is simplistic to apply your same, predetermined, entirely predictable analysis to every single loss. Things are just a tad more complex than that. When Manly had similar 60% possession stats, following Toov's game plan, they absolutely blew the Broncos and Rabbitohs off the park. To be faced with less than 40% possession, to play as bad as we did, and yet still be one goal post hit away from snatching a win is pretty amazing really.

@Ryan,
You're right. It was a **** game plan from Tooves:
1. Instead of Manly having 39% possession for the entire game, his game plan should have been to have 61% possession.
2. Instead of completing 25 from 41 sets, the game plan should have been to complete 41, and not drop those balls.
3. Instead of telling DCE to continually kick dead, or to kick on the full to the fullback, he should have told him to kick into the in-goal and to find the grass like he normally does.
4. Instead of telling normally reliable handlers like DCE and Jake to repeatedly spill the ball, he should have told them to have ball security.
5. Instead of telling DCE to hit the post with the cross kick that would have won the game, he should have told him to miss the post.
6. Instead of playing Mateo who you said had a shocker, he should have played Lawrence like you suggested. He should have ignored that Lawrence is injured and not yet competitive in NSW Cup - to the point that he didn't even play at all this weekend. And Manly would have been much better off without Mateo's 17 hitups (most by any player), 129 metres (most by any player), and 32 tackles (third highest by any player). Who needs go-forward and defence in this game anyway?
7. He should have played Turbo, not Hiku. He should have ignored the fact that Turbo was ruled unfit with a knee injury and that Hiku was again one of the best for Manly.
8. He shouldn't have picked Hasson who scored the individual try that got Manly back into the game.
Do I need to go on?

It is simplistic to apply your same, predetermined, entirely predictable analysis to every single loss. Things are just a tad more complex than that. When Manly had similar 60% possession stats, following Toov's game plan, they absolutely blew the Broncos and Rabbitohs off the park. To be faced with less than 40% possession, to play as bad as we did, and yet still be one goal post hit away from snatching a win is pretty amazing really.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10