GAME DAY - Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Id have Tom Symonds ahead of Leary as a utility type player on the bench at the moment.

In saying that I would have thought 2 props as a minimum for dogs game preferably 3 with Parcel as 4th interchange.

I guess once Buhrer returns he will be our usual utility type player on the bench.

From that side I would assume

Either Leary or Mateo wilk drop out and Vave will play or Barrett will be using Mateo as a middle forward

Yes and we don't have any forwards who can play 80 minutes so not sure how barrett will use the 8 interchanges
It would appear he will use 2 of them on Hooker, which should be an 80 minute position. That or he will sit one of them on the bench for most of the game.

I'm deeply concerned about the bench/prop rotation, 3 props for a full game is just not going to cut it against the biggest pack in the comp. Jake is going to have to play at least 60 if not 80 minutes. We need 160 minutes of props in the side and we have 3 props, that equates to over 53 minutes for each prop. That's crazy against the biggest pack in the comp.

Yeah Yeah I know Kapow can play prop, but that means a pretty significant position shuffle part way through the game.

Barrett has his first fail on selections for mine.

The surprise for me is Leary. I really can't see why he's there ahead of a few in NSW Cup.

Also seeing Knight in the back row - from memory there was an issue as the club saw him as a front rower and he thought
It would appear he will use 2 of them on Hooker, which should be an 80 minute position. That or he will sit one of them on the bench for most of the game.

I'm deeply concerned about the bench/prop rotation, 3 props for a full game is just not going to cut it against the biggest pack in the comp. Jake is going to have to play at least 60 if not 80 minutes. We need 160 minutes of props in the side and we have 3 props, that equates to over 53 minutes for each prop. That's crazy against the biggest pack in the comp.

Yeah Yeah I know Kapow can play prop, but that means a pretty significant position shuffle part way through the game.

Barrett has his first fail on selections for mine.
it is a fair assessment but not sure you can call it a fail until after the game....

Could it be that Green gets to cover for TomT who covers for Brett. This could mean that Leary drops out of the squad? If not then I think Leary should drop off the bench anyway and let's give Vave a go. Go Manly!!!!
Ahhhh great to talk footy for real again.

OMG how small is our back row!? Lol if you think 191 and 104 kgs is small go laugh at yourself. Great decision by barret to name Lear he is a great player and a hand man that can play many positions good hard worker. Green not sure about him, looks like he has reinvented him self as a second rower and has played well so far in manly colours. Starting Koroisau is a sophisticated decision by baz, Koroisau is a great player and can make 40+ tackles if needed, has zip can set up tries and has a kicking game. Parcell is a good player but does not offer as much as Api does, Parcell is quick and supports well which is as far as it goes. They will be a good combo, Parcell will be needed late in games to take down forwards. Who cares if our backroad looks a little small, brown is an NZ national and IMO his best position is second row, Buhrer is small yet everyone is happy to play him. Brown brings way more than Buhrer IMO and is one of our best buys. Vave looks good and may get a bench spot. But odd that BJ wasn't picked but our forward depth looks good, Liam knight will make his debut soon hopefully. If snake is injured lavaka can come in and replace him. Manly should win this game, it's at Brookie, dogs are missing Morris and Hoppa can't play FB for his life, Stanley is crap and there bench looks like it's missing some 80 minute players that goes for that whole pack, especially with the new interchange rules. Manly to win by 20, DCE named motm with 1 tries and a 40/20 and 3 try assists

Manly 32(Tries cherry evans, stewart, walker, kapow, t Trbojevic 2/Goals Lyon 7/7)
Dogs 12(Tries rona, mbye, Lichaa/Goals mbye 0/3)

Really surprised about the team. Backline I completely agree with.

X How is Api, zero game time, zero trials, zero chemistry getting a run up start?

X How is Lawrence not on the bench, but Vave is?

X Symonds is better than Brown, Highlander, Leary & Mateo isn't he?

But, I have faith in Barrett. He obviously knows more than anyone else. I think he's making very risky calls here though.

Also, Highlander is 6 foot 3 and 218 odd pound isn't he. He is bigger than anyone else in the position at our club.

The Dogs have 6 props in their team & we have 3. Hmmm, is Hasler right or Barrett. They can't both be right.

I think Barrett has made a statement, effort counts more than past achievements.
Not a bad message by rewarding Vave and Green. Sets the criteria right away. Determined types like Lawrence and Starling will take this as a challenge, as will Knight. And Parcell.
Barrett is taking a long term view, I was surprised but I like it. Big tick from me.
Building a squad with real competition and depth.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8