LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Broncos Round 21, 2015 - Toovey Farewell Tour [1298628]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing I noticed about the Donkeys tonight.

Darius Boyd reminds me a lot of Matthew Ridge in that as a fullback he stands a bit too close to the defensive line in front of him. When we played teams like Canberra back in the day, teams with noted long kickers such as Stuart and Daley, Ridge used to get burned a lot playing so close and tonight the same thing happened to Boyd. DCE is the best long kicker in the NRL and Foreign can turn it on as well. Their long kicks burned Boyd tonight and often had him running back to his try line to get the ball.

Boyd easily ran more metres running back to gather a kick than he did in his kick returns. And that is a credit to DCE and Foreign's kicking games.

One thing I noticed about the Donkeys tonight.

Darius Boyd reminds me a lot of Matthew Ridge in that as a fullback he stands a bit too close to the defensive line in front of him. When we played teams like Canberra back in the day, teams with noted long kickers such as Stuart and Daley, Ridge used to get burned a lot playing so close and tonight the same thing happened to Boyd. DCE is the best long kicker in the NRL and Foreign can turn it on as well. Their long kicks burned Boyd tonight and often had him running back to his try line to get the ball.

Agree. Our kick chase was amazing as well tonight. As too our line speed. So frustrating, because that is far from our best team, but energy, speed, aggression in both attack and defense was way up.

I dont buy Broncos being flat. My opinion is we battered them into submission like the bitches we know they are.

The boys where sensational tonight....most impressed how they kept going for the whole 80 minutes there was a little Manly drop off but recovered and came home strong...always scares me when Manly score first...

One of the best things was when t turbo put Jorge away down the line. After Jorge passed it to for an he gets tackled. In the background you see Jorge get up look around for turbo and go over to him and just tell him how awesome that was

Nice quote from Wayne Bennett in his presser.....

Journo: Any injuries to report?
Bennett: No. You have to play hard to get injuries.

Love him or hate him, he doesn't pull punches does he. The Donkey's put in a very Newcastle 2014 like performance tonight. If I have to give one of them credit for tonight it would probably be Thaiday. He was taking some strong hit ups in the second half and was at least trying to lift his team.

Yeahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...................!!!! Awesome win, really proud of our Mighty Manly Boys and our Super Coach Tooves.

I am over in WA at the moment and my mum rang me from the other side of Oz on the East Coast and she was soooooooo excited..............! Thank you boys for bringing much happiness to not only my life but my mum's and for digging in tonight and showing that very special Manly spirit. The Penn's and ZtH can never take that away.

Love my Mighty Manly Sea Eagles............! @:):h:

Last edited:
It was pretty much all good a bit of dropped ball towards the end possibly cost us a 50 pointer, but for me was a great win I mean no 40-0 but impressive indeed...Killer always seems to have a good game....Willy really lifted tonight...Ballin who'd get rid of him....n Foran...all we can hope is Parra self implodes more and he realises his future is on the coast....what made it even golder was the well on their way Broncos supporters behind us...one was told to shut up by his wife HAHAHA....took 4 local juniors from Berkeley Vale, Kincumber and Orimbah not all Manly supporters but had a ball...n had a great time running around on the oval after the game....how slippery was it...but the grass, I want some at my place....

Just having a quick read of the LU forum for tonight's game.

Even the Manly haters over there thought that there was nothing wrong with Jorge's pass. That BS forward pass call cost us the chance to hit 50.
The ball floated forward a metre or so after it was passed. That's why Badger called the forward pass.

But Jorge would have run forward three metres during that time (if not tackled), so in reality the pass was backwards by two metres. Novice error by Badger.

Everybody should watch the Broncos after match press conference. Nothing better than when we break into the team song and Wayne (Clint Eastwood) Bennett is making excuses.

Made My day...

11822281_10155880370875594_8371389574948492832_n.jpg

Just woke up and still can't believe what i saw last night, what a performance! I said before the game if we beat the Broncos we would make the 8 and i think its a very real possibility now.

Great win guys! I was left shell shocked driving back from Gosford. Usually the trip takes me about one and a half hours to get to Wentworthville. Last nights trip was quicker than usual

Just woke up and still can't believe what i saw last night, what a performance! I said before the game if we beat the Broncos we would make the 8 and i think its a very real possibility now.
You can't beat a Sunday bbq knowing your side won the night before and how convincing and dangerous we were .The snags and beer will be awesome later . Have a good day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8