GAME DAY - Auckland Nines 2016 February 6 -7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I half expect we pick a team that can't win tomorrow and end up not going through on purpose. Our defence is the most impressive part. Structuredvbut scrambles well too. We played crap like rrally crap but we still beat the comp favourites and a near full strength broncos. Not bad for our reserves+3 as frustrating as it was to watch.

I half expect we pick a team that can't win tomorrow and end up not going through on purpose. Our defence is the most impressive part. Structuredvbut scrambles well too. We played crap like rrally crap but we still beat the comp favourites and a near full strength broncos. Not bad for our reserves+3 as frustrating as it was to watch.

I think we will make the finals no matter what now actually. So there is no point in that.

Parcell has speed to burn. You can't teach speed. If he can learn to use it to continually exploit opposing defences he will definitely be a handful.

In ahy code speed is just an amazing asset. Parcell has it in spades,with ball playing ability and he seems to have an uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time. I'm on board the love train, but want to see him in the season doing plenty of work with tackles. I think we will also see him and korosaui interchanging so they can keep up the high intensity from dummy half.

Re: Hurrull not guilty.
After watching Shirvo in the wrap-up, I think we've got ourselves another Rex Mossop!...I know Shirvos a massive Manly fan, but when it came to the Hurrull decision I haven't heard that sort of one-eyed Manly bias on TV since the 'Moose'....great stuff Shirvo...keep it going!@:p

Don't know what you guys saw but I saw Hurrell lift his left knee hugely going into that tackle. His last stride was way different to his previous strides. Jake had no defence to that attack to his head. No knee lift and it's a copybook tackle.

If you can get suspended for careless or reckless head high tackles then it makes no sense that this was not a similar suspension. The officials give him a concerning action warning? Wtf? He was suspended for the exact same action within the last year. He's had his warning.

At first I thought it was Hurrells hip but I think it was his elbow that contacted jakes head, and a tucked in elbow.. Moving on.. Nothing to see

At first I thought it was Hurrells hip but I think it was his elbow that contacted jakes head, and a tucked in elbow.. Moving on.. Nothing to see

Don't take up Anat101 any time soon rifraff. Neither Hurrell's hip nor his elbow are connected to his lower leg.

Have a look in the video below at the front-on view at 28 seconds - where Jake's head suddenly jerks back. You'll see Konrad's hips and elbows are way away from the head contact zone.

Then look at the side on view at 32 seconds where you'll see Konrad has raised his knee into Jake's head. And watch the lead up strides and you'll see the exaggerated knee lift by Konrad in the last stride - which is very different to his other strides. This is exactly what he was suspended for last season - and warned to change this running style.

Last edited:
Although Hurrell lifts he's knees, I'd say that the tackler contributed more so by accidently getting into a dangerous position.

Anyway I've never seen anyone run without lifting their knees.

Maybe the rule should change so that players are required to run backwards, thus lessening the knee lift factor.

Although Hurrell lifts he's knees, I'd say that the tackler contributed more so by accidently getting into a dangerous position.

Anyway I've never seen anyone run without lifting their knees.

Maybe the rule should change so that players are required to run backwards, thus lessening the knee lift factor.
A dangerous position is tackling around the waist - at ball level - habib? Troll. You'll note his knee is above waist level. Yet in all previous strides not even close.

Don't take up Anat101 any time soon rifraff. Neither Hurrell's hip nor his elbow are connected to his lower leg.

Have a look in the video below at the front-on view at 28 seconds - where Jake's head suddenly jerks back. You'll see Konrad's hips and elbows are way away from the head contact zone.

Then look at the side on view at 32 seconds where you'll see Konrad has raised his knee into Jake's head. And watch the lead up strides and you'll see the exaggerated knee lift by Konrad in the last stride - which is very different to his other strides. This is exactly what he was suspended for last season - and warned to change this running style.

Agree there's definitely some extra thrust from Hurrull. But I have to say if Jake has him around the waist head behind Hurrulls fat arse he's still going to bring him down, with his head intact. He can't keep going in like that Jake, he'll end up being concussed out of the game.
As for Hurrull getting off, had that happened anywhere else but NZ, it probably would've been a different outcome.

Agree there's definitely some extra thrust from Hurrull. But I have to say if Jake has him around the waist head behind Hurrulls fat arse he's still going to bring him down, with his head intact. He can't keep going in like that Jake, he'll end up being concussed out of the game.
As for Hurrull getting off, had that happened anywhere else but NZ, it probably would've been a different outcome.

I'd suggest Hurrell getting off may have been a political decision. The Warriors are the one team who have picked their best squad. And other teams have sought to not treat this comp seriously because of injury concerns. There'd be a concern that a major suspension in this comp - especially for the Warriors - might trigger questions about its viability.

And PS he did tackle around the waist, his head was level with the ball. And to get his head behind Hurrell's fat arse, he still needs to get it past Hurrell's wrecking ball left knee - the one that ended Tupou's NRL career.

Last edited:
Coach Barrett is finding out the nrl's rules for manly quick smart!

Jorge injured - nrl won't allow replacement so we have to play one man down before comp even starts;

Buhrer gets fractured jaw - no penalty and the MRC don't even have a look at it.

Jake nailed by a repeat offender of knee lifting - mrc says no case to answer.

Welcome to the nrl's Manly rules Trent!

:banghead:

Regardless - Manly still win......welcome to the Manly culture as well coach! @:cool:

Do we have a 19th player over in Auckland who could have stepped in to replace Jorge?

Hurrell is a very lucky man IMO. I think this has more to do with the fact that he's a big draw for the Kiwi crowd in Auckland than anything else. If he got suspended and couldn't play tomorrow that might affect the attendance. Plus imagine the outcry in the Kiwi media if a Warriors player was suspended before the season even starts.

Do we have a 19th player over in Auckland who could have stepped in to replace Jorge?

Hurrell is a very lucky man IMO. I think this has more to do with the fact that he's a big draw for the Kiwi crowd in Auckland than anything else. If he got suspended and couldn't play tomorrow that might affect the attendance. Plus imagine the outcry in the Kiwi media if a Warriors player was suspended before the season even starts.
Maybe the coach should have a run.

Bad news for Manly fans. Jamie Buhrer has flown back to Sydney this morning. Confirmed broken jaw - likely to miss 6 weeks #NRLAKL9s

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8