Fans kicking in to pay Toove's fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I want to put some money into a collection. Whether it pays for the fine, or for a club facility is incidental.
I hope there is a collection tomorrow night so that we fans can register in our own small way the love we have for the maroon-and-white.

voicefromthehill said:
Deferred will mean only enforced should another "breach" occur - think suspended sentence.

Surely if Tooves says something in the future worthy of a fine they just issue a new breach notice. There should be no need for a suspended fine. That would imply some finding of guilt.

Either it stands or it is thrown out.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-coach-geoff-tooveys-frustration-comes-to-a-head/story-fni3gnk1-1226707774176

Manly Sea Eagles coach geoff Toovey’s frustration comes to a head
PAUL CRAWLEY THE DAILY TELEGRAPH AUGUST 31

TWO weeks on from Geoff Toovey's post-match blow-up in Gosford and the significance of the coach's frustrations will come to a head on Saturday night when Manly run out against Melbourne at Brookvale.

While the NRL is still debating the merits of Manly's appeal into the $10,000 breach notice served after the loss to Souths, there is no longer any questions about the relevance of Toovey's complaints.

Anthony Watmough won't play on Saturday as a direct result of new damage to his injured knee suffered in that ugly Jeff Lima leg-twist tackle, that resulted in a one-game ban to Lima. While the Sea Eagles are still without a top four scalp courtesy of the Steve Matai's no-try ruling that cost Manly the game.

Referees boss Daniel Anderson has argued that his video refs got the call right on the Matai no-try because there was no conclusive proof to overturn on-field referee's decision that Matai was held up.

But that is not to say Anderson is right because almost everyone in rugby league agrees that the rule needs to change and it was the interpretation Toovey was complaining about when he said "there needs to be an investigation".

Manly sent an appeal directly to Dave Smith on Tuesday arguing reasons why Toovey's fine should be suspended.

As they rightly point out, Toovey never questioned the integrity of the match officials, like other coaches have done this year, but was sanctioned purely because of the way he went about "expressing himself".

It's worth pointing out that when the NRL was asked on Friday where the matter was at we were initially told they hadn't received Manly’s appeal, until it was discovered the email hadn't made it from Smith to Todd Greenberg:huh:, who expressed the initial outrage that Toovey was out of line.

It seems sanctioning Toovey's passion is no longer at the top of the NRL's to-do list, even if the potential of the fine remains.
-------------------------------------------------
2v, still standing up to the biggest bullies:angel:

Eagles fans shell out for Toovs:D
September 1, 2013

Adrian Proszenko

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eagles-fans-shell-out-for-toovs-20130831-2sxfo.html#ixzz2daZmcQDX

SUNDAY SIN BIN

The Bucket of Truth is about to set Geoff Toovey free. The Manly coach attracted a $10,000 fine for his colourful spray at match officials following last month’s controversial loss to South Sydney, but it appears there will be no need to bite his tongue in the future.

Sin Bin can reveal that a collection began at Saturday night’s clash with arch rivals Melbourne to raise the money to cover the fine – as well as any others Toovey may incur in the future.

The Bucket of Truth is the brainchild of Dee Why RSL doorman Don Jeffery, who is hitting up Sea Eagles supporters to ensure Toovey gets to speak his mind. ‘‘Manly fans are very passionate and I’m sure the bucket will be overflowing,’’ Jeffery said.

‘‘The Bucket of Truth is a bucket we’ll have going around the ground at every home game allowing Toovey to open his mouth to things he doesn’t like. If we can raise about $40,000 every time, that will take care of away games as well. He should be able to say what he feels about the game. They are taking honesty away when you can only say certain things.

It’s not bringing the game into disrepute – the referees are doing that.’’ Toovey provided as much entertainment off the field as on it when he fired up about a number of ‘‘ridiculous’’ refereeing decisions.

The club has appealed the breach notice but it appears it won’t be out of pocket regardless due to the Bucket of Truth.

Toovey saw the funny side when his colourful remarks were spliced into a rap song which has been doing the rounds on the internet.
‘‘Have you seen the YouTube clip? Some 10-year-old must have got on their computer, put some music to it, put it on YouTube and all of a sudden I’m the laughing stock on [the web],’’ Toovey quipped at a Sea Eagles luncheon at Doltone House on Friday.

‘‘If I find that 10-year-old kid, he’s gone.’

Soooooo are they waiting till after round 26 to announce the outcome of the appeal?

Hoping we wont donate so much to the bucket if we don't know the result?

I saw no buckets at the match on Saturday night. I was prepared to contribute. Perhaps they will come out for our last match, this Sunday.

It would be worth $10k to see Todd come out and announce that the fine stands because what Tooves did "doesn't grow the game" (unlike what Todd does...).

Thanks guys.

Probably waiting to see if we make the gf, then announce it!

Though possibly dealing with more barba-ric things at the moment re: todd

globaleagle said:
Soooooo are they waiting till after round 26 to announce the outcome of the appeal?

Hoping we wont donate so much to the bucket if we don't know the result?
Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was a deliberate stalling tactic. It is embarrassing to the league to have a club's fan base rallying in defiance of the authority of the politburo.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6