Fans kicking in to pay Toove's fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Funds are intended for the Manly Football Club and if not required should be used by the Football Club to buy back more shares.:idea:

This exercise is for NRL Fans having their voices heard - albeit a very raspy voice :)

I am happy for 2v to utilise the funds as he sees fit but not keen on it being given to a Charity.
They have many other avenues available to them and we always support them at Brookie.

Not quite right HM. Funds are intended for 2V to help pay the fine.
In a club like ours where the budget is so tight the question is asked "well where does the money come from"
Does 2V pay it out of his own pocket ?
Does he take it out of the footy side budget ?
Does it come from the admin/advertising/membership budget ?
In a year when we're expected to break even at best, where does it come from ????
Do the owners have to kick in and pay it ?
Obviously it has to get paid (those thinking that it would be overturned on appeal are delusional) so I'm more than happy to chuck in a few bucks and help out anyway I can to assist the club
Everyone remembers the feeling they have after a GF win................ill do anything I can to feel that way again

I agree that the funds are contributed on the understanding that 2v clears his fines.

My point was that instead of yet another Charity Drive, why not utilize the monies left over for the good of propagating RL in the MW District?

That is why I nominated the MWDRLFC as a fallback, as they would be able to help the Juniors with gear if the funds were not required.

We all want Manly to thrive, now and into the future :angel:

With the release of the 2014 membership mock up why not include a renewal option for a contribution of a few dollars for a "pay the fine" fund.

If every member contributed $2 there is two opportunities for 2V to go all out at the press conference as he sees fit.

If he doesn't need to express his opinion due to quality refereeing & no contentious decisions (like that will happen) the funds could be used for development or roll over for the next year.

HappilyManly said:
I agree that the funds are contributed on the understanding that 2v clears his fines.

My point was that instead of yet another Charity Drive, why not utilize the monies left over for the good of propagating RL in the MW District?

That is why I nominated the MWDRLFC as a fallback, as they would be able to help the Juniors with gear if the funds were not required.

We all want Manly to thrive, now and into the future :angel:

Yep, I can understand that. It doesn't really worry me either way but I suppose we'll sort that with the club if/when we get the 10k

Bludog and others , well done
i would of love to organise this myself , but i dont just have the time...

i just donated $50 through paypal ( under panash ) that was the easiest option for me...

Manly one more win , sharks loss = top 4...

here we go

well done supporters

*Bump*

It's up to $2200 on the fundrazr site.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/2aCfe

shawn.b said:
With the release of the 2014 membership mock up why not include a renewal option for a contribution of a few dollars for a "pay the fine" fund.

If every member contributed $2 there is two opportunities for 2V to go all out at the press conference as he sees fit.

If he doesn't need to express his opinion due to quality refereeing & no contentious decisions (like that will happen) the funds could be used for development or roll over for the next year.

How about we take it one step further and have a "Fine Paying" category of membership, which includes a small contribution towards fines in the subscription fee?

Guys, just another update.
Club is appealing at the moment and the outcome will determine if the walk around Brookie on Sat night proceeds.

Haven't checked the Fundrazer acc for a few days but there's over $500 in the bank account.
We'll sort out with the club what happens to funds already collected if the appeal gets up

If the appeal gets up then maybe we can use the funds already raised to set up a high performance unit that Tooves can operate on the sly

bob dylan said:
This is bad idea IMO.

Do you mean fighting the charge or fans chipping in?

I think that fans chipping in is great for the club because it gives some of those fans a sense of ownership in the brand - they are buying into Manly. This small step will open up to some of them becoming financial members because they start to see how their money helps and I have found in business that your best customer is the one that you already have. The small act of donating $20.00 to this fund will leave a positive experience in the mind of the fan and although it may seem trivial to some it could leed to further "sales".
As far as fighting the charge goes I personally believe the club is right to do so. If you read what was said taking the emotion out of 2V's voice it is pretty tame and calculated, the nrl are playing the man and not the issue.

Guy's,
Club has asked that the collection tomorrow night does not proceed.
They seem pretty confident that the fine will be defered (Dave Smith almost said as much at today's lunch)
They would like to wait until after the appeal decision before anything else is done

Mybludog said:
Guy's,
Club has asked that the collection tomorrow night does not proceed.
They seem pretty confident that the fine will be defered (Dave Smith almost said as much at today's lunch)
They would like to wait until after the appeal decision before anything else is done

Deferred means postponed right?

I guess we can postpone any collection until the rif game if the fine still stands by then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6