Fainu Off Field Drama

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just when you think things can't get much worse......they do! :banghead: I shudder to think what next?!

The kid wants to go on a Mormon mission, presumably to preach, after what he's been charged with?! Please.... :confused:

Then getting him in the 30 and letting him play last week despite his indiscretion is an absolute disgrace. Hastings was treated so badly over minor issues, yet this guy is promoted to first grade without any retribution.

So disgusted and over 2018! :mad:

Our footy department is an absolute shambles.

In what world would you debut a guy knowing this was hanging over his head.
Are we trying to self sabotage or something similar ?
This is one of the dumbest decisions the club has made, in a quality field of dumbest decisions.
We need the bad publicity like a hole in the head at the moment.

Maybe it was just another rookie error from our eternal rookie coach.

Nice feel good piece on him by Zorba in the MD this morning. Mentions the club are eagerly waiting his decision on a two year Morman mission that would put his NRL career on hold. Ironic.

098B8C56-50A0-442E-90AE-1FC7FFDC90AC.jpeg

A Mormon mission is out of the question for this young man moving forward
.......100% won't be playing anytime soon.
What's more concerning is (TB) the coach ? (If he knew)
He was so desperate to get him in he couldn't see how once this got out how this would impact the Manly club or the culture within the team ? ....
This just confirms wer'e a basket case of a team ...Rothfield and co will have a field day.
I cant see how Fainu can stay and I'm really starting to dislike the many multitude of decisions this coach has made.
Sounds good but just does dumb stuff.

Last edited:
Why does every thread have to be merged?
There should be a place to discuss his off field idiocy and on field talent separately.

Exactly my thoughts. Why wouldn't this be better served in it's own thread. There is no point coming to this site for news on the team as everything is buried in a thread months or even years old. Visiting here less just for that reason.

A couple of things
1. This is an interesting case in media management . Take away the act and compare to Canberra/ Whigton who has plead guilty....As yet they are not a disgrace?
2. If he has not plead guilty then we have learnt from the Brett case. Who knows how this will play out but the NRL has set a precedent now where players waiting for trial (if they are not pleading guilty) are allowed to play

If this is all true his career is over. Disgraceful act. Stand him down until this is heard in court, if found guilty he’s gone.

The young women involved should be very well compensated if this is proven true. No place in society for such disgraceful and unlawful acts against women..

Has he been found guilty yet (many here defended Wighton's right to play until due process was followed) or has he just been found guilty in the Manly court of silvertails law?

The point most are making is that we let him debut with this hanging over his head.
Bad business for both the player and the club.

His guilt or innocence is irrelevant to that point.

Wow what a mess our once great club is in. As for Manase Fainu and the alleged crime he has committed, if true the guy should be hog tied naked over a bull ant nest and honey poured over his family jewels. Yes, I am the father of daughters.

My first instinct is to let him play, mainly because of how Brett Stewart was treated, but this alleged incident has a stink to it. He hasn't entered a plea, and a section 32 application also seems to be an odd tactic a for an innocent person. I believe the club has to make a moral stand here and not play him. I would even go so far as to suggest he start his two year mission this week. I would also like to think that if Gorman wasn't informed and others knew of the charges against Fainu they should be suspended pending a review of their positions with the club.

It's time the fans demanded more of our club and the players and staff that represent it.

If this is all true his career is over. Disgraceful act. Stand him down until this is heard in court, if found guilty he’s gone.

The young women involved should be very well compensated if this is proven true. No place in society for such disgraceful and unlawful acts against women..

Didn't Corey Norman and James Segeyaro film a woman in a sexual act and post it?

Both still seem to play NRL.

Ridiculously stupid thing for the club to do playing him. But to call the emd of his career is way over the top at this stage.

Manly need to sanction whoever knew about it.

Perhaps a certain coach has found his Get out of Jail card and has played it?

Let him play until his trial is completed and there is a verdict, otherwise he is being punished before being proven guilty. It is how it should have been for Brett and it is how they are generally handling things these days. Until there is a trial and a verdict the whole thing of what happened is speculation. let him have his day in court, judge him when it is done. That is fair.

The more I think about this, the more confused I am.
Looking at this from a pure footy perspective.
Why would you let a kid make his FG debut, knowing this issue was still outstanding ?

We have literally made him ( and the club) a bigger media target for the sake of a few games of footy in an already dead season.
How is the kids mental health ? Is that even a consideration for those that allowed this to happen?
Should he have been put in a position to raise his profile to "NRL star" before this issue was dealt with ?
Absolutely not, imo. Terribly poor footy dept decision, especially if it then means we end up sacking him (dependent on court results).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10