Failing the test of character

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The Knights loss was a very disappointing one
We were hot favourites but were cold on match day

We were not capable of converting any opportunities that we had into points and were left scoreless in the second half
We had the opportunity to take the valuable 2 competition points on offer and consolidate our test of character and our finals team worth but we were not competitive enough on the day .

I was very disappointed in our coaches press conference focusing on excuses and not on our own accountability
Because Losers dwell on excuses
And Winners bathe in their Glory from overcoming adversity

If we are going to be a Title threat we need to understand that Resilience and and being able to over come Adversity is what it will take as excuses are are useless as tits on a bull

Against the Knights we failed the test of character
Time for Des to not only work on team combinations
Time for Des to work on Team character

To Des Hasler .....
Great Leaders do not focus on excuses to justify their failure
Great leaders find a way and prevail

A quote from the Great and Inspiration Leader Winston Churchill
You can measure a mans character he makes by the choices he makes under pressure
816e389657e5b478a07cf418a844b896.jpg

We were well below our best. We gave the refs the opportunity of shutting us out by playing poor dumb footy. When we got to 10-0 and bundied off and to everyone's surprise they were ahead at half time. Two valuable competition points were thrown away. It seems every season we loose a game we should win easily.

I would agree with the post.
I think it’s about being realistic.
If you think that we are a realistic chance of winning the comp it’s a very disappointing loss.
If you think we did poorly last year and started the year badly. And a mid top 8 finish is an amazing result. And we can build next year. It’s ok. Well have ups and downs.

If you think that we are a realistic chance of winning the comp it’s a very disappointing loss.
If you think we did poorly last year and started the year badly. And a mid top 8 finish is an amazing result. And we can build next year. It’s ok. Well have ups and downs.
Pretty much sums up the situation. I think everyone has unrealistic expectations of this season. 5th or 6th this year would be an amazing result, all things considered.

I too was absolutely livid with the ref yesterday, and almost couldn't believe how blatantly one-sided his calls were, but .... manly were terrible! No energy or line speed from our middle forwards, even from the first moment of the game. Particularly disappointed with Taupau, Jake and Paseka, and shocking discipline from Keppie (and Funa). Actually with the exception of Funa at 6, our backline had more of a dig than our forwards surprisingly (with the exception of Lawton), and I even noticed when the Knights ball shifted to our edges, our back 5 showed far more desperation.

As you imply, if our expectations of this season are kept relatively low, we should expect a few more of these troughs in our performances, and not be too surprised. Given the stellar, and obviously draining, performance from our forwards against parra, it was inevitable they would be flat. They were outplayed, end of discussion. **** the ref - if we were good enough, we could have easily beaten them and Cummins together

I was glad he said what he did,refs and guys in charge need to be put on notice....losers only put up being ****ed with.....
Only losers blame the ref.

Champion teams don't whine...they put their heads down, and belt the **** out of next game's opposition.

Everyone knows we got screwed. No one really listens to a coach whinging about a referee. Instead, we can win back those 2 competition points against a more fancied opponent, otherwise...we just ain't good enough yet. If put in the exact same situation, any one of the top 5 teams would have won that game yesterday

Yep, I put it in perspective by looking at the fact that we're in a no worse position than if we'd lost to Parra ( as most pundits expected ) and beaten the Knights ( as most pundits expected ).

Losing Schuster late in the piece was a major blow, he's been playing with confidence and has a kicking game, whereas Funa has neither. How many training sessions did they have with Funa at 6?

Being realistic is whatever we think our Top 17 is, from the squad that ran out in Rd 1
No Walker, Sirro, Jetski, Davey, Boyle, Aloiai then along the way Suli out and
no Foz, Cust or Schu - there's three capable 5/8's and no Guac
Essentially 5 backrowers* ( 6 if you count Schu ) and three 5/8's ( if you count Walker), a starting prop and a centre on top of our #1 hooker choice who hasn't laced a boot yet.
We even had Lawton in only his 2nd game back from injury playing the role of an 80 min second rower.

* yes I know most don't rate Jetski or Boyle but they are in our Top 30 and were part of the Rd 1 squad so being used for statistical and argumentative purposes.

Perspective.

Only losers blame the ref.

Champion teams don't whine...they put their heads down, and belt the **** out of next game's opposition.

Everyone knows we got screwed. No one really listens to a coach whinging about a referee. Instead, we can win back those 2 competition points against a more fancied opponent, otherwise...we just ain't good enough yet. If put in the exact same situation, any one of the top 5 teams would have won that game yesterday
I think they do listen,that is why they fine them 10k.
Didn't hear any of the players whinging....or the coach for that matter,he gave credit to the opposition and acknowledged our shortcomings.If you think Bellyache has never complained about the refs.....seriously.

Last edited:
It was a lesson about mental toughness yesterday.

The team was on such a high after the Parramatta game and the inevitable let down and the emotional release meant a very flat performance yesterday.

You could tell early that Manly were off their game. Very disjointed, lacking aggression and penalised for the slightest transgression.

Our younger players looked like they had played a game too many and Newcastle were desperate and to their credit took full toll of the very lucky hand they were given by the officials and our indiscipline.

The bye is timely, we need to get some of the injured guys back and re-focus for the 2nd half of the season!

The Knights loss was a very disappointing one
We were hot favourites but were cold on match day

We were not capable of converting any opportunities that we had into points and were left scoreless in the second half
We had the opportunity to take the valuable 2 competition points on offer and consolidate our test of character and our finals team worth but we were not competitive enough on the day .

I was very disappointed in our coaches press conference focusing on excuses and not on our own accountability
Because Losers dwell on excuses
And Winners bathe in their Glory from overcoming adversity

If we are going to be a Title threat we need to understand that Resilience and and being able to over come Adversity is what it will take as excuses are are useless as tits on a bull

Against the Knights we failed the test of character
Time for Des to not only work on team combinations
Time for Des to work on Team character

To Des Hasler .....
Great Leaders do not focus on excuses to justify their failure
Great leaders find a way and prevail

A quote from the Great and Inspiration Leader Winston Churchill
You can measure a mans character he makes by the choices he makes under pressure
View attachment 18269
Do we also measure Winston’s character for the abomination that was Gallipoli?

Bozo i do agree with what you say about having no excuses.

What i would add is that i would be surprised that Des would be singing the same tune behind closed doors. I reckon the ref wouldn't be getting much of a mention and he would be drilling the guys about the lack of discipline. I think the refs chat at the press conference was only for outside optics to hopefully get a better rub of the green next time.

Yep, I put it in perspective by looking at the fact that we're in a no worse position than if we'd lost to Parra ( as most pundits expected ) and beaten the Knights ( as most pundits expected ).

Losing Schuster late in the piece was a major blow, he's been playing with confidence and has a kicking game, whereas Funa has neither. How many training sessions did they have with Funa at 6?

Being realistic is whatever we think our Top 17 is, from the squad that ran out in Rd 1
No Walker, Sirro, Jetski, Davey, Boyle, Aloiai then along the way Suli out and
no Foz, Cust or Schu - there's three capable 5/8's and no Guac
Essentially 5 backrowers* ( 6 if you count Schu ) and three 5/8's ( if you count Walker), a starting prop and a centre on top of our #1 hooker choice who hasn't laced a boot yet.
We even had Lawton in only his 2nd game back from injury playing the role of an 80 min second rower.

* yes I know most don't rate Jetski or Boyle but they are in our Top 30 and were part of the Rd 1 squad so being used for statistical and argumentative purposes.

Perspective.
I agree but I hate us losing to shyte teams !!! esp ones that look like they have spent all week at NIDA ,that wasnt RL it was like a b grade horror movie full of Z grade actors.
The milking has to stop its not manly(i mean in the masculine sense) and this isnt soccer .
But yes Parra was a game we could have put down as a loss and NC would have been put down as a win so net net zero.Even so I knew we could win it yesterday but I also new once Keppie went off that it would be 12 V 14 with that fwits blatant bias ,surely he he has to be dropped next week and his SP bookies account audited.
Its just so frustrating to lose what you know you could have easily won

Yes, Churchill's choices under pressure regarding India, and his choices under pressure in the Dardanelles really gave us a great insight into the man's character.

One of your best @BOZO

I think we were flat as a result of the Parramatta game. It was a very emotional as well as tough game for us. I think Parra came out even worse. Am I making excuses? well yes! I do not think we are at the same level as panthers or the storm. In saying this we are not that far off however I am not going to hold on to unrealistic expectations for this year. I will be happy if we make finals and anything else from there will be a bonus.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10